HBO: Insecure -- Season 5 Official Discussion Thread (Final Season)

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Nice

I also don't see how this is a man hating show... in fact I think it's showing the bigger problem when it comes to women being insecure when they find a good man...
What you are saying is part of the bullshit that is projected by the white media... Do you realize that the average looking black woman has at least 40 guys hollering at her on any social media site, I know because I have friends who let me see what they go through... Matter fact they (and I am talking about the average looking ones) complain how there are too many guys trying to holler at them...
I then asked do they talk to them and they routinely say no, I ask why not they answer because they are full of shit and no good..
I next asked how do you know, and they say they just know..
You see, here is where the true problem lies, they assume (just like the show implies) that if your a black man then chances are you are full of shit and no good. Not only do they not bother to confirm or dismiss it, they rather assume it and feel sorry for themselves..
To compound the issue there is a breed of thirsty brothers out there who do nothing but confirms this negative stereotype, leaving the regular good guys caught in between the crazy delusional broads and the thirsty dumb asses fucking shit up (and yes brothers are just as fucked up with all the simping for pussy that's going on these days)..
We need shows that represent how blacks could and should be instead of more bashing and shows that only purpose is to further divide black people..
But getting black men and women together as one has never been on the white mans agenda....

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
BGOL is cosigning this show?
:confused::(:smh:

from everything I know about this bitch is that she's a black man hating, white man loving hoe.
If she was a member her name would be Esther...
:eek2:

i don't know anything about her other than her and her black boyfriend were going through it, she tried to holla at another black dude to reconnect while still with her black boyfriend, she wavered over it and this past episode her and her black boyfriend worked it out and reconnected

that's all i know of the show and isa so far.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
You all forgot i see that she broke up with him. He didn't get the message she broke up with him. And all he did was sit up on his ass for several days after lol

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Nice

I also don't see how this is a man hating show... in fact I think it's showing the bigger problem when it comes to women being insecure when they find a good man...

this all day.

and if dudes are paying attention this show is putting you up on mad game about what women do when dudes are not around or not paying attention.

shit is damn near a masters course.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
What you are saying is part of the bullshit that is projected by the white media... Do you realize that the average looking black woman has at least 40 guys hollering at her on any social media site, I know because I have friends who let me see what they go through... Matter fact they (and I am talking about the average looking ones) complain how there are too many guys trying to holler at them...
I then asked do they talk to them and they routinely say no, I ask why not they answer because they are full of shit and no good..
You see, here is where the true problem lies, they assume (just like the show implies) that if your a black man then chances are you are full of shit and no good. Not only do they not bother to confirm or dismiss it, they rather assume it and feel sorry for themselves..
To compound the issue there is a breed of thirsty brothers out there who do nothing but confirms this negative stereotype, leaving the regular good guys caught in between the crazy delusional broads and the thirsty dumb asses fucking shit up (and yes brothers are just as fucked up with all the simping for pussy that's going on these days)..
We need shows that represent how blacks could and should be instead of more bashing and shows that only purpose is to further divide black people..
But getting black men and women together as one has never been on the white mans agenda....

i understand your point. but i think you are missing the point of the show.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
i understand your point. but i think you are missing the point of the show.
She is not a bad looking female who seems to have a good head on her shoulders, so there is not way in fuck that she's not going to have a ton of men not trying to holler at her, just not realistic..
What more likely is that she is dismissing men who she doesn't consider men for the same reasons why she feels she is being dismissed by men she really wants.. Don't you see the irony in all of this?
Now if it were a chick that looks like Precious I would find it more realistic, actually the show is kind of condescending towards the real women who have a hard time finding a good man because unlike chicks like her who have a hard time choosing the right man that fits their standard, they really don't have that many choices for real..

richlove

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think the relationships are just a sidenote. Even in the plotline of the story written by black woman, it talks about how the females are not on top of their shit and are not cool at all. Everything is written to find the humor in situations. There is nothing funny about a strong black man, that does and says all the right things. But like in the second episode her friends goes on a date and the guy is on point the whole night, and just when she thinks she's found a good dude, he whispers in her ear "you trying to fuck". I find that type of shit funny...and it's probably true. But I don't look at it as they are saying every black dude is the same. I think if you look at it objectively you will notice that in every situation either she is awkward and fucking up or the other people are doing dumb shit and it's supposed to be funny. If you are finding something to be offended or turned off by, then that means you don't like her humor and you shouldn't be watching it anyway.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
She is not a bad looking female who seems to have a good head on her shoulders, so there is not way in fuck that she's not going to have a ton of men not trying to holler at her, just not realistic..
What more likely is that she is dismissing men who she doesn't consider men for the same reasons why she feels she is being dismissed by men she really wants.. Don't you see the irony in all of this?

Now if it were a chick that looks like Precious I would find it more realistic, actually the show is kind of condescending towards the real women who have a hard time finding a good man because unlike chicks like her who have a hard time choosing the right man that fits their standard, they really don't have that many choices for real..

don't u realize that this is women in real life??? :lol:

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this all day.

and if dudes are paying attention this show is putting you up on mad game about what women do when dudes are not around or not paying attention.

shit is damn near a masters course.
Nice

word, I agree

its showing women going the same shit that we do...thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Ignoring someone good under our noses while we pursue somebody else because they seem to be our "ideal" person.

Like how her friend was really feeling dude who worked at enterprise but was insecure around her friends because he wasn't college educated. So she disses him to go find some educated, professional brotha.

I'm predicting that dudes gonna come up and find a good solid chick that he wifes..and she's gonna end up getting smutted out by some suave, educated sociopathic brotha...the kind that Blair Underwood always plays in movies.

shit it's just about all types of fuckery that we have to go through...even at her job that focuses on doing things for kids in the black and latino communities ...but she's the only actual black person working there and her CAC co-workers STILL don't respect her views or efforts and act like they know more than her. ..sneak dissing and being all passive aggressive and shit

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

I get what you are saying..... but I don't think this is what the show is implying. All I see are a bunch of insecure women that feel like their might be something better out there when a good man is sitting right in front of them. I know plenty of chicks that do this shit. Plus the show is showing ISA's dude actually trying, but it is also showing that because she is no longer invested that she is slowing pushing the brother away to someone else. This shit is real talk.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I get what you are saying..... but I don't think this is what the show is implying. All I see are a bunch of insecure women that feel like their might be something better out there when a good man is sitting right in front of them. I know plenty of chicks that do this shit. Plus the show is showing ISA's dude actually trying, but it is also showing that because she is no longer invested that she is slowing pushing the brother away to someone else. This shit is real talk.
I find that there are some unsecured black women that bring that shit on themselves mainly by trying to keep up with the Jones, and social media and show like this seems to prey on them while throwing shade at black men..
I think if we go back to loving us with out the bullshit pimp player/gold digger diva games we would be much better off as a people..

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I find that there are some unsecured black women that bring that shit on themselves mainly by trying to keep up with the Jones, and social media and show like this seems to prey on them while throwing shade at black men..
I think if we go back to loving us with out the bullshit pimp player/gold digger diva games we would be much better off as a people..

100% truth.com

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Really? Yall like this bullshit? DOn't fall for the okey doke. Black man bashing bullshit.

I dont see that yet.... in fact I see a truth about how a lot of sisters act in relationships,

by being all open and honest with their female bff, but being vague as hell with their man..

what has she done or said in the past to give you the impression that she is a black male basher...??

I remember her youtube show awkward but I never peeped it..

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered
^^^Agreed!

Hence, the name of the show is "Insecure".

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
This week's episode was the best of the lot, from what I've seen: pretentious blacks, trying to find the better come up, understanding it's your shit and not his that's the problem, etc. It's seriously the voice of the black woman, and I'm here for it. Perhaps some of the guys on the board are having a hard time finding a groove with it because it's written from the female perspective? I can tell you, though, that's its real life for a black woman, even down to the white people shade at work.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
14704936_220959954991120_2351990847966281728_n.jpg

13259134_866408230135629_699884290_n.jpg

14474243_801166453359241_9133351042749038592_n.jpg

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
i don't know anything about her other than her and her black boyfriend were going through it, she tried to holla at another black dude to reconnect while still with her black boyfriend, she wavered over it and this past episode her and her black boyfriend worked it out and reconnected

that's all i know of the show and isa so far.
She had a Web series on youtube that white people really cosigned...
Since you seem to be enjoying the show I won't spoil it for you on how it will probably end for her on the show.

Have fun

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Finally watching Thirsty as Fuck. Man you would think the soundtrack is coming straight from my soul thread. I can't believe they had a Lesiure Track on there.

play030

Support BGOL
Registered
This show is made to emasculate black men. She clearly is trying to show black people in a bad light. The fact that some of you dumb ass niggas are actually supporting this shit is sad. You all need your ass beat.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This show is made to emasculate black men. She clearly is trying to show black people in a bad light. The fact that some of you dumb ass niggas are actually supporting this shit is sad. You all need your ass beat.

Ok I'm going to need you elaborate on how this show is emasculating black men when the black women are clearly the fuck ups on this show? And how is this show showing black people in a bad light. They all have good jobs. They are all college educated. No one is thugging and bugging. No one has baby mama or baby daddy issues. I don't see this as any different from Girlfriends.

Plus the show has black people in front and behind the camera... :dunno: