Have You Ever Seen Someone Bench Press 700lbs for Reps?

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
only other time I've seen it done

Bruh, please don't insult the original video. Larry was undoubtedly a strong mofo of a bencher but his attempt DOES NOT COUNT. He had a spotter lifting at a portion of the weight. I would give him maybe 585-605 raw..

HERE ARE ALL THE MEN WHO HAVE LEGITIMATELY BENCHED 700lbs:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
He'd have made 5 reps had he eaten 12 almonds...

What's the Guinness World Record for bench press?

Regardless, impressive as hell.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
He'd have made 5 reps had he eaten 12 almonds...

What's the Guinness World Record for bench press?

Regardless, impressive as hell.

He holds the current RAW bench at 739.7

WeightYearRecordGear
320 kg (710 lb)1996James Henderson presses 705 lb[42] raw in a T-shirt without wrist wraps or a belt to become the first man to bench press over 700 lb raw in May 1996.[43]raw
322.5 kg (711 lb)1997James Henderson first presses 699.97 lb[42][44] and on a later attempt the same day 711 lb (322.5 kg)[10][42] raw without wrist wraps or a belt on July 13, 1997, at the USPF Senior Nationals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (full three-lift-meet).[45] Today, it is still the highest bench press ever performed in a drug-tested competition as well as the highest ever done in an IPF-sanctioned three-lift-meet.[46]raw
323.4 kg (713 lb)2003Scot Mendelson presses 713 lb (323.4 kg) on February 8, 2003.[44][46]raw
324.3 kg (715 lb)2005Scot Mendelson presses 715 lb (324.3 kg) with belt and wrist wraps on May 22, 2005 in Worcester, Massachusetts at the New England Bench Press Classic.[10][44][46][47]raw
325 kg (717 lb)2013Eric Spoto first presses 716 lb (325 kg) and then 722 lb (327.5 kg) with belt and wrist wraps on May 19, 2013, at the 2013 SPF California State Powerlifting Meet in Sacramento, California. Eric successfully benched 661 lb on his 1st, 716 lb on his 2nd and 722 lb on his 3rd attempt on the same day.[48]raw
335 kg (739 lb)2015Kirill Sarychev presses 739 lb (335 kg) with wrist wraps and without a belt on November 22, 2015, at the "SN-PRO CUP".[49][50][51][52]raw
335.5 kg (740 lb)2019Julius Maddox presses 740 lb (335.5 kg) with wrist wraps and without a belt on August 31, 2019, at the "Boss of Bosses 6".[2]

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I was 19, barely 170lbs I did a bench press competition, at the base. My spotter said lets do a warm up rep cause you may need 265lbs to win. Cool, warmed up with 260lbs popped it no problem. It was my turn to go and I started with 240lbs, popped it up with ease. Ol boy did 260lbs so i said let's go 265lbs. I prob waited about 15 min, mad cold. Laid back popped it off the rack, pressed it half way easily and the weight just stopped felt like I was there for 5 min with the weight just hovering over my chest, that crap did not move, I called it, no mas. 700lbs must feel like moving a boulder off your chest, impressive.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Exactly man.
It's a new day. 800lbs raw is coming soon.
Yeah man, someone got it in them. I know you mentioned the OHP the other day. You seen some of them ol' school videos of those cats STRICT OHP 500+? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: And that's with cleaning it off the fucking floor. They didn't even give them fucking racks. 500+ with no leg drive is insanity.

I've become obsessed with the OHP since it don't fuck with my shoulders. Still competing in bench only, but the OHP is my baby now.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Yeah I've seen those older vids. Unreal...
OHP is a show of power. Standing there with heavy weight over your head is watching power in action.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Yeah man, someone got it in them. I know you mentioned the OHP the other day. You seen some of them ol' school videos of those cats STRICT OHP 500+? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: And that's with cleaning it off the fucking floor. They didn't even give them fucking racks. 500+ with no leg drive is insanity.

I've become obsessed with the OHP since it don't fuck with my shoulders. Still competing in bench only, but the OHP is my baby now.

He's 440.
The first to do it for triple.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
He just broke his own record with a 744.1.

Yep, I'm aware.
He was gonna go for 771lbs but got pec tightness and forgone the lift to prevent possible injury. E
He had at least 760 based on how clean that 744 pressed up.
Next time for sure

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I'll slap the shit out that ngga
and spend the next three months on your back in a coma ... with nurtses having to bath you and changer your diaper three times a day .... :hmm:
When I was in the ninth grade I squatted that much.
…. and the school janitor still remembers having to clean up after you shit the gym floor and flailed around in it in pain …… good times

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
maxresdefault.jpg

I won't go into details, if you want to end up like this, keep bench pressing like a retard because it has always been done that way.

hqdefault.jpg

There are plenty of alternative exercises to work on your chest.