Ghostbusters 3 is officially a go for 2020..(Sequel to GB 2) Update..(official trailer drops 12/9/2019)

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
i just want to hear from earnie what he thinks. he was the only one really fighting for the movie.
and they really did him dirty
he was afraid tha one of them wpuld die before 3 and he was right

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Said it once in one of the older threads and I'll say it again. The comic book knew exactly what to do. Continued from the game and eventually added women to the roster without a need to try to do something different for attention. Just need a real fan of the franchise to be in charge. So many wasted years.
NewGhostbusters_Promo_Imagec454e3.jpg

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope they bring back the original cast and they're turning over the reigns to their children/grandchildren

keone

International Member
Said it once in one of the older threads and I'll say it again. The comic book knew exactly what to do. Continued from the game and eventually added women to the roster without a need to try to do something different for attention. Just need a real fan of the franchise to be in charge. So many wasted years.
NewGhostbusters_Promo_Imagec454e3.jpg
That nigga looks like inspector gadget

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The entertainment industry is done, all their doing is giving us recycled bullshit!! Pull The damn plug, bro's!! Stop giving these people your energy!!

keone

International Member
The entertainment industry is done, all their doing is giving us recycled bullshit!! Pull The damn plug, bro's!! Stop giving these people your energy!!
Yeah I don't mind certain sequels or reboots this one of them .but you are right the are lost

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Ernie Hudson needs to make sure they pay him and give him the respect he deserves this time around.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was about to mention this.
I have the PS3 game , online servers no longer work for that Game and I never got to play it online
But the story has the original actors doing the voice, if you have a PS3 (don’t know if is on 360)
The game is worth getting today for the story mode

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Real Ghostbusters 3 Already Happened In 2009 (And It Was Perfect)

Following the Ghostbusters 3 reveal trailer, fans are now anticipating a proper sequel in the franchise, but the reality is, a version of Ghostbusters 3 already happened in 2009 - and it was perfect. The possibility of seeing Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, and Ernie Hudson back in the iconic ghost busting garb is a tantalizing prospect for many. Despite the excitement surrounding the new film, it's hard to forget that a strong followup to Ghostbusters 2 already happened back in 2009 – albeit in video game form.

The aptly titled Ghostbusters: The Video Game stands as, arguably, one of the best pieces of licensed software to ever arrive on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. What made this game so fantastic for fans, however, was the fact that the four core members of the original cast had reprised their roles. Not stopping there, William Atherton, Brian Doyle-Murray, and Annie Potts all returned to voice their respective characters from the Ghostbusters movies as well. This fan service already gives the video game adaptation an edge on Ghostbusters 3, as there currently is not a single member of the original cast confirmed to make their return for the sequel.

ADVERTISING
Related: The New Ghostbusters Will Reportedly Be Teens in Sequel

Of course, the inclusion of the original Ghostbusters actors in Ghostbusters 3may change, but the big advantage the game will always have over the new movie is that it included Spengler actor Harold Ramis, who sadly passed away in 2014. Tragically, Ghostbusters 3 will have to continue on without the beloved brainiac Spengler. But Ghostbusters: The Video Game went further than just reuniting the original cast as a marketing tactic. The script for the game was doctored by Aykroyd and Ramis (who both wrote the original Ghostbusters movies), and the end result was a Ghostbusters adventure through and through. It delivered on every necessary note, and was arguably even more entertaining than the original sequel.

ADVERTISING

The Ghostbusters video game even featured a passing of the torch, of sorts - something that will have to happen in the new Ghostbusters movie if Sony Pictures plans on continuing with the franchise - as players took on the role of a newly hired Ghostbuster named Rookie. The character was given the name because Venkman (portrayed by Bill Murray) didn't want the team to become too attached to the new recruit in case he met a bitter end. This dark and comedic tone carries on throughout the game, and it establishes itself as a true to form entry in the series.

Ghostbusters 3 could very well be a great movie, and it's in the right hands necessary to live up to the legacy of the franchise. But there are doubts surrounding the film, as Akroyd stated that the script for Ghostbusters 3 was written last year - implying that Ramis wouldn't have had a hand in its creation like he did in the video game. Hopefully, these fears are put to rest when more details on the project are released, but fans will always have Ghostbusters: The Video Game to fall back on if push comes to shove. In fact, Akroyd once said that the Ghostbusters video game is essentially Ghostbusters 3, telling Game Informer, "If you have an appetite for the third movie, then the video game is it." Plus, the narrative from the game is so enjoyable that one fan has already edited the entirety of the Ghostbusters video game into a third movie.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The New Ghostbusters Will Reportedly Be Teens in Sequel

Following news from earlier this week that Jason Reitman will be directing a new Ghostbusters film, it is now being reported that the main characters are going to be teenagers. The new film is set to be a sequel to the 1984 original, evidently disregarding 2016’s all-female reboot from Paul Feig.

Both the original Ghostbusters and the 1989 follow-up Ghostbusters II were directed by Ivan Reitman, father of Jason Reitman. The franchise starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis as three former parapsychology professors who start the Ghostbusters - a paranormal investigation and elimination service (aka ghost removal). Ernie Hudson soon joins the team as the fourth member after seeing a want ad in the newspaper. The new film will take place in the same universe as the 1984 and 1989 films, with a recently released teaser trailer even drumming up nostalgia by using iconic elements. While the trailer footage isn’t likely to be seen in the actual movie, it does show a brief look at the Ecto-1 - the Ghostbusters’ vehicle - under a tarp in an old barn with the original eerie score playing in the background. Aside from the fact that it will hit theaters in summer 2020, most details about the film are still under wraps.

ADVERTISING
Related: Paul Feig Wanted To Go International With Ghostbusters Sequel

According to Birth. Movies. Death., it is now believed that the main characters in the new film will be kids around the age of 12 or 13. While presently unconfirmed, sources suggests there will be as many as four teenage protagonists - two girls and two boys. Another report only mentions two kids, but the character descriptions bear a striking resemblance to traits held by Ramis’ and Aykroyd’s characters in the original. Allegedly, the film will center on a “family who moves back home to a small town…[and] learn more about who they are and the secrets of the town itself.”

ADVERTISING

Rumors about a Ghostbusters 3 have swirled for years, but Ramis passed away and Feig’s Ghostbusters reboot hit cinemas. Aykroyd, however, insisted in late 2018 that a script with the original cast was still being written, and depending on potential appearances in the new film, he could be proven right. For his part, Aykroyd took to social media following the trailer release to all but offer up his services by saying, “If you need a tune-up, you know who to call.” Hudson also reacted on social media with a reference to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters II, suggesting he could also be game. As of this writing, there’s no word yet from Murray.

ADVERTISING
Sony kept this film a secret for a long time, even going so far as to assign it the fake title “Rust City.” Fans would be remiss to overhype its potential twists or reveals too soon, but we can’t help but wonder how the kids will come into play if reports are true. Maybe they’ll be early versions of the characters we know and love, maybe they’ll be the former Ghostbusters’ children, and maybe they’ll be completely unrelated. In any case, this is shaping up to be a potentially campier version of Stranger Things.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ghostbusters 3 Director Promises to 'Hand the Movie Back to the Fans'

In a new interview, Ghostbusters director Jason Reitman explained the lengths he's taking to replicate the feel of the original films, for a movie he calls "a love letter to Ghostbusters."

"I love this franchise," Reitman said on the Bill Burr Podcast. "I grew up watching it. I consider myself the first Ghostbusters fan. I was like seven years old when that movie came out and I love it. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”

RELATED: Ghostbusters 3 Character Breakdowns Introduce the Main Cast

He used the upcoming film's teaser trailer as an example of the kind of film he aims to produce. "We went back to the work files for the sound of the proton pack. And we went back to the stems of Elmer Berstein’s score. Just for where it says, in the teaser, ‘Summer 2020,’ we went back and found the original physical vinyl letters they used to create the Ghostbusters poster in 1984," he explained. "Re-scanned them and then our titles guys reprinted them. We filmed the titles. Not like in a computer. We shot physical titles with a light and smoke effect because that’s how they would have done it back in the day.”

ADVERTISING
With that example in mind, Reitman promises that he will continue to follow the original technique his father Ivan Reitman and crew used in making the original films and "hand the movie back to the fans."

RELATED: Ghostbusters 3 Will Reportedly Begin Filming Spookily Soon

As previously revealed, the film will have no connection with the Paul Feig-directed Ghostbusters, which attempted to take the franchise in a new direction with an all-female cast and a similar, but original storyline. The 2016 film launched a wave of backlash and targeted harassment campaigns against star Leslie Jones from fans who claimed the movie's existence ruined both the franchise and their childhoods.

ADVERTISING
Press for the upcoming Ghostbusters film has already gained notable criticism, specifically from Jones and Feig, over its existence and comments made by Reitman and Ghostbusters co-creator Dan Akryoyd. Reitman's latest interview, as above, has received similar push-back for his implication that his upcoming film was designed for those fans who railed against the 2016 film.

Directed and co-written by Jason Reitman with Gil Kenan (Monster House), the upcoming Ghostbusters revival is scheduled to be released on July 20, 2020.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: ME, MURRAY, AND AYKROYD BACK FOR GHOSTBUSTERS SEQUEL

There is no Dana, only Zuul...No, wait, we were wrong. Dana's actually here. Speaking with Parade Magazine, actor Sigourney Weaver nonchalantly confirmed that she'd be reprising her iconic Ghostbusters character of Dana Barrett in Jason Reitman's upcoming sequel in the paranormal film franchise.

“It’s going to be crazy working with the guys again!” Weaver said, referring to Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd, who are reportedly confirmed to return as Peter Venkman and Ray Stanz respectively.

Wait, what?! Sigourney, you can't just spring this news on us like it's no big deal, especially since nothing's really been disclosed aside from a few new faces and a summer 2020 release date. This casting confirmation (if true) is HUUUUUUGE!

In an ideal world, both Ernie Hudson (Winston Zeddemore), Rick Moranis (Louis Tully), and Annie Potts (Janine Melnitz) would also be coming back for more paranormal hijinks. Bringing the original band back together would be a lovely tribute to Harold Ramis (Egon Spengler), who sadly passed away in 2014. Weaver, Murray, Aykroyd, Hudson, and Potts all made cameo appearances in the all-female reboot from 2016.

In terms of Dana, however, you'll remember that she was possessed by Zuul in the 1984 original and allowed Gozer to enter our dimension. When it came time for the sequel in 1989, Dana returned as a single mother with a child; a child who nearly became possessed by Vigo the Carpathian. It would be cool if her son, now all grown up, becomes a member of the next generation of young Ghostbusters.

mv5bmtuyndk3odg3nv5bml5banbnxkftztgwmji1otc0mte._v1_sx1663_cr001663999_al_.jpg

Credit: Columbia Pictures

“I knew it would be big,” Weaver told Parade of the original. “The script was so funny and full of heart. Ghostbusters changed my life."

So far, Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things), Carrie Coone (The Leftovers), and Mckenna Grace (Captain Marvel) have been cast as newcomers to the supernatural series. All three are said to be playing a family unit as brother, mother, and sister respectively.

Acting as a sequel to the first two movies, Reitman's untitled Ghostbustersproject is slated to open in theaters July 10, 2020; production is expected to kick off this summer. Watch the first teaser trailer here.

Gil Kenan (scribe of the 2015 Poltergeist remake) penned the screenplay.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/sigourney-weaver-ghostbusters-jason-reitman

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
SIGOURNEY WEAVER: ME, MURRAY, AND AYKROYD BACK FOR GHOSTBUSTERS SEQUEL

There is no Dana, only Zuul...No, wait, we were wrong. Dana's actually here. Speaking with Parade Magazine, actor Sigourney Weaver nonchalantly confirmed that she'd be reprising her iconic Ghostbusters character of Dana Barrett in Jason Reitman's upcoming sequel in the paranormal film franchise.

“It’s going to be crazy working with the guys again!” Weaver said, referring to Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd, who are reportedly confirmed to return as Peter Venkman and Ray Stanz respectively.

Wait, what?! Sigourney, you can't just spring this news on us like it's no big deal, especially since nothing's really been disclosed aside from a few new faces and a summer 2020 release date. This casting confirmation (if true) is HUUUUUUGE!

In an ideal world, both Ernie Hudson (Winston Zeddemore), Rick Moranis (Louis Tully), and Annie Potts (Janine Melnitz) would also be coming back for more paranormal hijinks. Bringing the original band back together would be a lovely tribute to Harold Ramis (Egon Spengler), who sadly passed away in 2014. Weaver, Murray, Aykroyd, Hudson, and Potts all made cameo appearances in the all-female reboot from 2016.

In terms of Dana, however, you'll remember that she was possessed by Zuul in the 1984 original and allowed Gozer to enter our dimension. When it came time for the sequel in 1989, Dana returned as a single mother with a child; a child who nearly became possessed by Vigo the Carpathian. It would be cool if her son, now all grown up, becomes a member of the next generation of young Ghostbusters.

mv5bmtuyndk3odg3nv5bml5banbnxkftztgwmji1otc0mte._v1_sx1663_cr001663999_al_.jpg

Credit: Columbia Pictures

“I knew it would be big,” Weaver told Parade of the original. “The script was so funny and full of heart. Ghostbusters changed my life."

So far, Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things), Carrie Coone (The Leftovers), and Mckenna Grace (Captain Marvel) have been cast as newcomers to the supernatural series. All three are said to be playing a family unit as brother, mother, and sister respectively.

Acting as a sequel to the first two movies, Reitman's untitled Ghostbustersproject is slated to open in theaters July 10, 2020; production is expected to kick off this summer. Watch the first teaser trailer here.

Gil Kenan (scribe of the 2015 Poltergeist remake) penned the screenplay.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/sigourney-weaver-ghostbusters-jason-reitman

This alone deserved its own thread cuz!

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Annie Potts is officially back..... If they could somehow pull a rabbit and get Rick Moranis on Board.... NIGGA!!!

Annie Potts says she will return for Ghostbusters 3
8c3cd057bc893ab11ffa7c1ae0537c7e.jpg

Sigourney Weaver recently confirmed that she and the original cast of Ghostbusters were coming back for Jason Reitman’s currently untitled Ghostbusters 3. Most assume she meant Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson, but what about Annie Potts? Currently out doing press for Toy Story 4, Potts confirmed to KTLA 5 (via JoBlo) that the Ghostbusters’ perpetually overworked secretary Janine Melnitz will indeed return for the new film!

I have heard some things,” Potts said. “If it’s true, what I’ve heard — yeah, I think it’s gonna happen. I think I will.”

Potts played Janine in the original two Ghostbusters films, and had a cameo as Vanessa the Desk Clerk in the 2016 reboot.

12-year-old Mckenna Grace (Captain Marvel, Annbelle Comes Home) will star in Ghostbusters 3, with Carrie Coon (The Leftovers) playing her mother. Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things, IT) will also star.

Jason Reitman (Juno, Young Adult, Tully) will direct the new film, taking over from his father Ivan Reitman who helmed the first two. We also know that Reitman, who had a cameo in 1989’s Ghostbusters 2, will be co-writing the script with Gil Kenan (Monster House, Poltergeist), who is no stranger to ghost stories.

The new Ghostbusters is slated to drop in theaters on July 10, 2020.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/n...return-for-ghostbusters-3#4deugTScRdzxdimB.99

deezn21

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
This being a Jason Reitman film, I expect the cast to be all white or at least no black people.

Varis

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The cartoon had some deep episodes, like when someone opened the gates of hell and they had to close it