Georgia lawmaker Tommy Benton demoted after slandering John Lewis.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
I can't stand this devil.

Georgia lawmaker demoted after slandering John Lewis: ‘His only claim to fame was he got conked on the head'

By Joseph Wilkinson

New York Daily News |

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:15 PM

Georgia State Rep. Tommy Benton is seen in 2017.

Georgia State Rep. Tommy Benton is seen in 2017. (David Goldman/AP)

A Georgia state representative lost his committee chairmanship after he denigrated the late John Lewis on a radio show, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Tommy Benton, 70, incorrectly said that Lewis hadn’t done anything since he was beaten on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in 1965.

“I have never read of a significant piece of legislation that was passed with his name on it,” Benton said, according to the AJC. “John Lewis, his only claim to fame was he got conked on the head at the Pettus Bridge. And he has milked that for 50 years.”

Georgia’s house speaker, fellow Republican David Ralston, said he had no choice but to demote Benton from the House Retirement Committee.

“The comments made by Representative Benton are offensive and disgusting,” Ralston said in a statement to the Associated Press. “These comments do not reflect the values or the views of the House Majority Caucus. I can neither condone nor ignore such hurtful remarks.”

Benton had only been re-promoted last year, having lost a prior chairmanship in 2017 for sending an article to other lawmakers that slavery was not the cause of the Civil War. Also in 2016, Benton said the Ku Klux Klan wasn’t actually that bad.

Benton has represented Georgia’s 31st District, about 60 miles northeast of Atlanta, since 2005.

Lewis, whose public beating at age 25 led to the passage of the Voting Rights Act and a long career in the U.S. House of Representatives, died last month.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Benton had only been re-promoted last year, having lost a prior chairmanship in 2017 for sending an article to other lawmakers that slavery was not the cause of the Civil War. Also in 2016, Benton said the Ku Klux Klan wasn’t actually that bad.​

So by that standard, he will be repromoted in 2022.
Well, slavery was not the main reason for the civil war.

Nonetheless, this dude is a POS.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It may not have been the only reason, but it was a major reason. ...and states rights was about a state's right keep slaves and the right to expand slavery into new states in the western territories. Stuff that led to secession, which led to the war.
Heck...read the confederate declaration of Independence.

Shit let's not start this shit here.

Dude is full of shit and shouldn't even have his current gig.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Typical cac piece of shit expressing what is in most of their hearts.

Yup.

Sidebar...

They STILL booing kneeling for the anthem

And NOW we got the same white folk who condemned it?

Making excuses for them.

Something us black folk will NEVER get...

This continued benefit of the doubt and fear of making white folk feel bad

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It may not have been the only reason, but it was a major reason. ...and states rights was about a state's right keep slaves and the right to expand slavery into new states in the western territories. Stuff that led to secession, which led to the war.

EXACTLY

Of course it was the major reason

Slavery was the MONEY the financial INFRASTRUCTURE

how the f*ck the civil war NOT based on slavery?

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

THANK YOU!!! Cats kill me with shit!

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What was the main reason for the Civil War?
International banking cartels and their money system. It is what got Lincoln, the 3rd so-called black President, killed. All wars are about money and resources.

:smh: at people still falling for old, debunked narratives in the “Information Age”

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kill yourself.

Also... post reported for spreading white nationalist propaganda.
You should report your own post for ignorance. @Tito_Jackson is right. The Civil War was about reimplementation of a private central bank and guess what? The bankers won.

the money system is the #1 problem here in the United States because it keeps 99% of people in perpetual debt. Stop following the Khazars and your mind will finally be free.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

Preserving the union.

If Abe could’ve preserved the union without freeing any slaves he would have but he did to weaken the the south because they were being enriched by slavery.

But the whole reason the south wanted to secede was to maintain slavery. Owning slaves was the equivalent to owning a home it was the American dream sort to speak. If you didn’t have slaves you wanted them because it was a sign of wealth.

Slavery was the main reason but the politics surrounding it were indirect. Slavery was the source, difficult to divorce it from any motivation on either side.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
You should report your own post for ignorance. @Tito_Jackson is right. The Civil War was about reimplementation of a private central bank and guess what? The bankers won.

the money system is the #1 problem here in the United States because it keeps 99% of people in perpetual debt. Stop following the Khazars and your mind will finally be free.

Jesus Christ, this site is just a breeding ground for conspiracy nuts now lmao. Niggas reading InfoWars all day, graduating summa cum laude from YouTube University sneering with condescension at folks with actual education. What a fucking joke :lol:

Look up Alex Stephen's (VP of the Confederacy) Cornerstone speech and then come back here and tell me what the Civil War was about. A lot of historical revisionism masquerading as "heritage" has been peddled by groups like Daughters of the Confederacy over century+ and they've successfully indoctrinated school systems in the south with this "it wasn't about Slavery it was about States Rights" shit. Stop presenting yourself as some kind of righteous teacher, no one is buying it.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jesus Christ, this site is just a breeding ground for conspiracy nuts now lmao. Niggas reading InfoWars all day, graduating summa cum laude from YouTube University sneering with condescension at folks with actual education. What a fucking joke :lol:

Look up Alex Stephen's (VP of the Confederacy) Cornerstone speech and then come back here and tell me what the Civil War was about. A lot of historical revisionism masquerading as "heritage" has been peddled by groups like Daughters of the Confederacy and they've successfully indoctrinated school systems in the south with this "it wasn't about Slavery it was about States Rights" shit. Stop presenting yourself as some kind of righteous teacher, no one is buying it.
“Jesus”... you already proved your mind is clouded from the beginning.

you do know chattel slavery was started because of a so-called black African slave owner in Virginia right? No, you didn’t because you have no grasp of history.

I don’t deal in conspiracy only truth.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member

you do know chattel slavery was started because of a so-called black African slave owner in Virginia right? No, you didn’t because you have no grasp of history.

I'm not religious so spare me your fake moralizing about using the name as a colloquialism. If you don't at least recognize that you traffic in conspiracy shit then you may need to 5150 yourself bruh. Theres no use going back and forth with a nut... if you don't realize the stuff you're saying is beyond the normative historical discourse it would be like arguing with someone who says the moon is made of cheese. Thats cool my guy, but I'm not having that argument lmao

Blkops

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Wow you are a dumb peice of shit. None of this white power shit you said is true. Read a fucking book and get off them white power sites. Better yet, log off here and don't come back.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not religious so spare me your fake moralizing about using the name as a colloquialism. If you don't at least recognize that you traffic in conspiracy shit then you may need to 5150 yourself bruh. Theres no use going back and forth with a nut... if you don't realize the stuff you're saying is beyond the normative historical discourse it would be like arguing with someone who says the moon is made of cheese. Thats cool my guy, but I'm not having that argument lmao
Best point you made. No use in going back and forth with someone as confused as you are. Even started another post referencing religion and you atheists and nihilists are the most “religious” people on the planet. Hopefully you start to see truth before it is too late.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow you are a dumb peice of shit. None of this white power shit you said is true. Read a fucking book and get off them white power sites. Better yet, log off here and don't come back.

question: if I’m repeating what is said on white power sites, how would you know? The logical conclusion would be that you frequent White power sites. But you have the audacity to call someone dumb.

John Casor should come back from the grave to slap some sense into you.