UPDATE: SENTENCED 22.5 yrs! Trial of Derek Chauvin (Justice for George Floyd) Update: + 20 yrs federal!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Pulmonology expert says a ‘low level of oxygen’ caused damage to George Floyd’s brain

Dr. Martin Tobin, a physician in pulmonary and critical care medicine, explained to jurors on Thursday the anatomy of what happened with George Floyd’s breathing as a result of the pressure from former police officer Derek Chauvin’s knee. Here’s what else has happened during the proceedings:

- On Wednesday, a use-of-force expert from the LAPD said that Chauvin used “deadly force” when he held his knee on George Floyd’s neck for more than nine minutes.

- Special Agent James Reyerson testified that Chauvin kept his weight on George Floyd's neck for minutes after Floyd was no longer talking or moving. Here’s what else you need to know about the trial - The officer who trained Chauvin said that his neck restraint on George Floyd was not department protocol

- Jody Stiger, an LAPD use of force consultant, said “my opinion was that the force was excessive,” when asked about Derek Chauvin's use of force against George Floyd

- Floyd, a Black man, died in police custody on May 25, 2020, after Chauvin pinned his knee against Floyd’s neck for more than nine minutes

- Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I don't think it's even possible to be more damaging than he was. In a normal world, the defense team would be trying to do a deal after that testimony, but they'll hold out for the possible one racist ass jurist who possibly wouldn't convict him under any circumstance.
Watching that lame defense attorney trying to go at the pulmonology expert is like watching that fool Rand Paul trying to go at Faucci …. the expert is playing 3D chess while the lawyer is playing tic tac toe
:smh::smh::smh:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The defense attorney has done nothing since this started but tries to spread smoke and mirrors talking about shit that didn't happen and strange hypotheticals....

Keeps trying to say the 7-10 people standing on the sidewalk caused fear. They called them names .....being called a bum and bogus is real threatening. The angry mob is why they did what they did blah blah blah

He is trying to convince the juror to believe what he says and not what they see.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
The defense attorney has done nothing since this started but tries to spread smoke and mirrors talking about shit that didn't happen and strange hypotheticals....

Keeps trying to say the 7-10 people standing on the sidewalk caused fear. They called them names .....being called a bum and bogus is real threatening. The angry mob is why they did what they did blah blah blah

He is trying to convince the juror to believe what he says and not what they see.
At least a third of which were women filmimg and a 9 yr old child...…. five cops on the scene, three on top of a handcuffed man...… :hmm:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That doctor was on point today

Toxicology cats is too.....You check defense lawyer trying to talk about slides without showing them an then trying to use an early revision even though he got the corrected one the same day...

And the slides were already entered and published so he could have asked for it to be put back up if he didn't have an electronic copy

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

People that work in retail or the restaurant industry have heard worse and managed to not kill people. I had a business owner yelling at me last week because our company sold him something that I revealed wouldn't fit his needs. He's yelling at me and I calmly told him, "I'm sorry your were misinformed, but I had no hand in selling anything to you, and if anything...I've been the most honest person you've talked to concerning this issue." He paused, took a breath and apologized. Some yelling doesn't make me incapable of doing my job, so they can miss me with the name calling bullshit.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
The prosecution plans on resting their case eartly next week, possibly on Monday

Source: Deadline Whitehouse today

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

George Clooney gets involved in George Floyd murder trial
George Floyd’s family lawyer Benjamin Crump says the actor reached out to him.
By
Joseph Guzman | April 9, 2021

Story at a glance
  • During an appearance on "The View," the lawyer said he and Clooney exchange emails from time to time as the 59-year-old actor is engaged in social justice matters.
  • Crump said Clooney explained how the prosecution could respond to Derek Chauvin’s defense lawyers’ suggestion that a drug overdose caused Floyd’s death.
  • Former Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the death of Floyd.
Actor George Clooney has offered some blunt advice for the prosecution in the murder trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin.

George Floyd’s family lawyer Benjamin Crump on Wednesday revealed that the actor reached out to him via email this week as Chauvin’s trial played out.

America is changing faster than ever! Add Changing America to your Facebook or Twitter feed to stay on top of the news.
During an appearance on "The View," the lawyer said he and Clooney exchange emails from time to time as the 59-year-old actor is engaged in social justice matters and wants his children “to live in a better world.”

Crump said Clooney explained how the prosecution could respond to Chauvin’s defense lawyers’ suggestion that a drug overdose caused Floyd’s death, and not the nearly 10 minutes that Chauvin knelt on Floyd’s neck.

“He says ‘Attorney Crump, you should tell them if Derek Chauvin feels so confident in that, he should volunteer during his case to get down on the floor in that courtroom, and let somebody come and put their knee on his neck for 9 minutes and 29 seconds and be able to see if he can survive,’” Crump recalled of Clooney’s email.

A rep for the actor confirmed to Entertainment Tonight Thursday the actor did in fact send the message to Crump.

“The experts will opine during this case that the average human being can go without oxygen from 30 seconds to 90 seconds — where George Floyd went without oxygen for over 429 seconds, and that’s why it was intentional what this officer did,” Crump added.

“I believe in my heart...that he will be held criminally liable and it will hopefully set new precedents in America,” he said.

Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the death of Floyd. Floyd, a Black man, died in May 2020 after Chauvin placed his knee on Floyd’s neck while he pleaded with the officer that he could not breathe.

The incident was captured on video and sparked widespread protests against police brutality and racial inequality.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
171536113_261072055710053_7957811571742239442_n.jpg