Gayle King on CBS This Morning interviewing Weinstein Juror

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Weinstein Juror Discusses Verdict: ‘You Can Know Who Weinstein Is and Be Impartial’
By Rebecca Alter
Ugh. Photo: Bloomberg/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Less than a week after the Harvey Weinstein verdict, a juror was interviewed by CBS This Morning about the sentencing and conviction process. Juror No. 9, who goes by “Drew” and withheld his last name, sat down with Gayle King on Friday to discuss the emotional toll of the trial, his experience witnessing the testimonies of Jessica Mann and Mimi Haley, and how the jury came to a unanimous verdict.

The New Jersey resident confirmed that of course, he knew about the Weinstein allegations from the media, including “Ronan Farrow, The New Yorker, the New York Times, things of that nature,” before he was selected to serve as a juror, but that he takes “absolute pride in my objectivity,” adding, “you can know who Harvey Weinstein is and still be impartial.”

When King asked if Drew wished that Weinstein had taken the stand, Drew admitted that he “wanted him to,” but can see why he didn’t, suggesting, “he could lose, kind of, his shield of representation once he goes up there.”

In the clip below, King asks Drew what the verdict meant to the jury in relation to the Me Too movement, and he answers, “It’s not the job, and it’s not what we were asked to do, and it would also be an adulteration of the process, to take outside factors and have that weigh on our decision-making process and eventual findings.”

King also pressed Drew on whether he personally thinks Weinstein should go to jail.

Drew answered that for “a man of his age and of current health, the general population at Riker’s sounds like a pretty dangerous place.”

:idea:

Back in the studio, King recounted that Drew did not appreciate the prosecution’s use of nude photos of Weinstein: “he said, ‘we’ve all seen Mr. Weinstein. None of us felt we needed to see him nude.’ They were very turned off by that and didn’t think that that helped the case.”

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Im more Curious to know how them lawyers selected the jurors.

Everybody had heard of the allegations unless they were living under a rock. Which means they already had made their decision before being called in for jury duty.

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
Am I the only one who thinks this cat seems a little weird? I mean, why is he smirking while discussing serious allegations and moments of the trial? His facial expression does not match his words.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What Gayle, no follow up questions about how he could have been impartial considering the ME TOO Movement?
More like; "Can you really be impartial about my good friend Harvey Weinstein, after seeing the 2 Kill Bill movies he made when he was the producer for Miramax films?"

Last edited:

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
Fuck Fail King. I'm not wasting my time on these scoundrel ass muthafucka anymore. Not today anyway. Kobe, Gianna, and the other passengers untimely death is just another reminder of how precious life is. Again, Fuck Gayle and all those not for us. Fuck'em all. I'm about to take my wife on a date and enjoy this beautiful ass Friday evening outchea. :yes:

This is not a knock on anyone in this thread.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Harvey Weinstein juror: "There was nothing simple" about decision

Last Updated Feb 27, 2020 8:40 PM EST
Jurors in the Harvey Weinstein trial on Monday found the disgraced movie mogul guilty of committing a criminal sexual act in the first degree and rape in the third degree — but also cleared him of more serious charges: predatory sexual assault and rape in the first degree. Weinstein's bail was revoked and he was taken into custody. He now faces up to 29 years in prison.
In an exclusive interview with "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King, one of the jurors in the trial — who asked to only be identified by his first name, Drew — explained how the group reached their decision.
King: The jury convicted on criminal sexual act in the first degree and third degree rape.
Drew: That's correct.
King: How did you all reach that conclusion?
Drew: It was our deduction and interpretation of the law [...] regardless of behaviors before or after an alleged incident — on this day at this time and that place. Can you do that? And the answer for the convictions is no, and that's a crime.
King: And it was that simple?
Drew: No - there was nothing simple about it. Nothing simple about it.
King: But you were saying the before and after — you said you didn't really take that into account, you really focused on this particular act on this particular day?
Drew: 100%.
King also asked Drew about how the jury managed to keep the news out of their deliberations.
King: You know, we always hear, "Do not read about this case, do not discuss this case with anyone." How are you able to do that in a world where everything is 24/7 everywhere?
Drew: Oh, to not read the news?
King: Yes, not read the news, to not —
Drew: It was actually kind of nice. Challenging, don't get me wrong. But, you know —
King: So you didn't watch television? You didn't read the paper? You didn't —
Drew: Definitely didn't read the paper, the only paper that I read was the crossword puzzle in the morning, you know, on the subway, and stuff like that. It's important, like every other aspect of it.
King: So you didn't read the paper, you didn't watch TV — or did you?
Drew: I watched TV, but I watched the Rangers game, you know? DVR of programs that I like, I definitely didn't, you know, put on cable news in the background and kind of clean up, or something like that, which I would normally do.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Fuck Fail King. I'm not wasting my time on these scoundrel ass muthafucka anymore. Not today anyway. Kobe, Gianna, and the other passengers untimely death is just another reminder of how precious life is. Again, Fuck Gayle and all those not for us. Fuck'em all. I'm about to take my wife on a date and enjoy this beautiful ass Friday evening outchea. :yes:

This is not a knock on anyone in this thread.
Enjoy yourselves...I hope y'all have a great time. :cheers:

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I wonder how much Oprah is paying CBS to keep her on the air. She's really not that good IMO.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I got into a serious office debate the other day

They TRIED to tell me Gayle is one of the most prominent journalists in the country

:rolleyes2:
They can try but that's all it is. I think she's average at best. If not for Oprah's influence would she even be a journalists?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I see Gayle dumb ass still ain’t learned her lesson....

She want to press Lisa L on Kobe’s past but see how she insist on trying to cover for Weinstein asking rikers is a dangerous place for a man of weinsteins health and age lmaoo

get this bitch out of here
I Hate this bitch with all my heart and soul bruh. If this bitch got ran over by a Canada Dry truck I wouldn't even blink.

nXIxn5.jpg

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
The New Jersey resident confirmed that of course, he knew about the Weinstein allegations from the media, including “Ronan Farrow, The New Yorker, the New York Times, things of that nature,” before he was selected to serve as a juror, but that he takes “absolute pride in my objectivity,” adding, “you can know who Harvey Weinstein is and still be impartial.”
Someone please explain to me how a New Jersey resident sat on a New York State Jury????

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
50 Cent says Gayle King once confronted him for 'talkin' s**t' about Oprah... as rapper admits he creates fake feuds for publicity
By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 17:35 EDT, 14 April 2020 | UPDATED: 18:08 EDT, 14 April 2020

50 Cent learned the hard way that you don't diss Oprah.
The 44-year-old rapper reveals in his new book that the legendary talk show host's best pal Gayle King confronted him at a black-tie gala about his tendency to 'talk s**t' about Oprah.
The interaction lead to 50 smoothing things out with Oprah but left him eventually targeting Gayle.

Beef: 50 Cent says that Gayle King once confronted him for 'talkin' s**t' about her best friend Oprah Winfrey
In Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter, excerpts of which were seen by Page Six, the rapper calls Gayle the 'real deal - very sophisticated, secure, and smart lady.
TOP ARTICLES1/5READ MOREVanderpump Rules star Vail Bloomwelcomes her second child
'She's never afraid of a situation... so she marched right up to me and basically said, "Why you talkin' s**t about my girl?"'

The hip hop star said that he told Gayle he assumed Oprah, 66, didn't like him because he'd heard her criticize his type of music as violent and misogynistic and he decided he might as well get some publicity out of dissing her in public.
Fiddy has said things about Oprah in the past such as 'Oprah's audience is my audience's parents, so I could care less about Oprah or her show.'
The In Da Club hitmaker admits in his book - out April 28 - that he often fakes feuds with other stars to get people talking about him.
50 Cent mocks Ja Rule's rage over being denied entry to a club

Got her back: Fiddy said Gayle marched right up to him and basically said, "Why you talkin' s**t about my girl?"'
'Listen, I'd love to be Oprah’s friend,' he recalls he told Gayle. 'But if we can't be friends, could we at least be enemies?'
Gayle apparently helped 50 quash his beef with the TV host by arranging for him to appear on Winfrey's Oprah's Next Chapter in 2012.
'Before meeting me, they had bought into the 50 Cent persona … Someone who got into beefs and drama because he just couldn’t help himself,
'But when I said, "At least let me be an enemy," they understood that when I got into a beef, it was never driven by emotion. Instead, I was moving off of strategy.'

It gets him in the press: The In Da Club hitmaker admits in his book that he often fakes feuds with other stars to get people talking about him
50 got his claws out again this year when he attacked Gayle for the CBS This Morning interview she did about Kobe Bryant.
The journalist was criticized by several celebrities and friends of Kobe for bringing up the late basketball star's past sexual assault case in the interview.
It turns out the comment, which aired in a preview clip for the segment, was heavily edited by CBS, and taken out of context.
One of her critics, Snoop Dogg, later apologized to Gayle for making derogatory and disrespectful comments towards her.