Gamers: Hogwarts Legacy - will it be the BIGGEST game of the year? UPDATE: New 4K trailer

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Simon Pegg joins Harry Potter world as Sirius Black ancestor in Hogwarts Legacy

Eight others have been cast in the highly anticipated video game, including a Harry Potter alum.
By Nick RomanoJanuary 11, 2023 at 09:14 AM EST

Simon Pegg is joining the wizarding world of Harry Potter in a role that also offers further insights into the sprawling Hogwarts Legacy video game.
The World's End and Mission: Impossible actor takes the role of Phineas Nigellus Black, an ancestor of Sirius Black. Specifically, he's Sirius' great-great-grandfather. He also has the reputation of being the least popular Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The character was revealed Wednesday in an announcement video from the game's publisher, which also unveiled eight other actors who will voice characters in the game.
Simon Pegg will play Phineas Nigellus Black in 'Hogwarts Legacy.'

| CREDIT: DAVE BENETT/GETTY IMAGES; WARNER BROS. GAMES AND AVALANCHE SOFTWARE
"We saw Phineas in the books and in the films. He was a portrait in Dumbledore's office," Pegg notes in the video. It had already been announced that Hogwarts Legacy will take place during the 1800s, but Pegg now confirms "this was at a time when [Phineas] was actually actively the Headmaster."

The official character description for Phineas calls him "cantankerous" and someone who hails "from a long lineage of Slytherins."
"Headmaster Black is hated by the students, of whom he also has a great disdain for," it reads. "Wildly ill suited to his job, his goal is to do the least amount of work possible and avoid exposure to the student body — preferring to focus on his status in the wizarding world and his surgically manicured beard."
Players will begin the story of Hogwarts Legacy as a fifth-year student. In this open-world game, they can explore new and familiar locations in the wizarding world around Hogwarts, discover magical beasts, dabble in potions, master spells, and even delve into the Dark Arts.

Joining Pegg in the game is a troupe of actors, including a Harry Potter film alum.

Sebastian Croft and Amelia Gething provide the two voice options for the game's playable avatar, which can be customized further to the player's preferred witch or wizard.
Downton Abbey's Lesley Nicol, who actually auditioned for the role of Molly Weasley in the films, will now voice a Weasley in Hogwarts Legacy. Nicol will play Professor Matilda Weasley, a Gryffindor and the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts. She "aids the player in catching up with the other students by giving them the Wizard's Field Guide and showing them the Room of Requirement," according to a description.
Kandace Caine will play Professer Onai, who was once a Divination teacher at Uagadou, the largest wizarding school in the world located in Uganda. She is "a gifted Seer whose faith in her sight was shaken by the fact that she did not foresee the loss of her husband," her description reads. "Deciding to leave those painful memories behind, she accepts an invitation by Professor Weasley to teach Divination at Hogwarts."
Luke Youngblood, who played Lee Jordan in the film series, makes a return for Hogwarts Legacy to voice half-blood Ravenclaw student Everett Clopton, described as an "underachieving rule-breaker and prankster."
Sohm Kapila (The Morning Show, General Hospital) plays Satyavati Shah, the professor of astronomy; Asif Ali (WandaVision, Don't Worry Darling) will play muggle-born Ravenclaw student Mahendra Pehlwaan; and veteran voice actor Jason Anthony will play both Nearly Headless Nick and the Sorting Hat.
Hogwarts Legacy will launch worldwide on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on February 10. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will arrive April 4, and the Nintendo Switch drop is coming July 25.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Heartstopper star Sebastian Croft apologizes amid Hogwarts Legacy game casting backlash

"I was cast in this project over 3 years ago, back when all Harry Potter was to me, was the magical world I grew up with. This was long before I was aware of JK Rowling's views."
By Emlyn TravisJanuary 17, 2023 at 03:35 PM EST

This is not the heart-stopping content that Heartstopper fans were looking forward to in 2023.

Sebastian Croft, who stars as Ben in the beloved LGBTQ+ teen series on Netflix, made waves online last week when it was revealed that he had been cast as the voice of the playable character in the upcoming Harry Potter video game Hogwarts Legacy. The announcement quickly came under heavy fire from fans of the show who expressed their dismay at his involvement in the game given author J.K. Rowling's history of controversial remarks, which many have deemed transphobic.
Croft took a moment to personally apologize and shed light on his decision to join the game's cast on Saturday.
"I was cast in this project over 3 years ago, back when all Harry Potter was to me, was the magical world I grew up with," he wrote on Twitter. "This was long before I was aware of JK Rowling's views. I believe wholeheartedly that trans women are women and trans men are men."

Croft continued, "I know far more now than I did 3 years ago, and hope to learn far more in the next 3. I'm really sorry to anyone hurt by this announcement. There is no LGB without the T."
Despite creating one of the most popular franchises of all time, Rowling has drawn heavy criticism from the Harry Potter fandom for her remarks about the trans community in recent years. The author, who wrote an essay on her stance on trans issues in 2020, has penned multiple harmful tweets, rallied behind other celebrities who've been similarly accused of making transphobic comments, and even wrote a crime novel about an author who is killed after she is canceled for being transphobic online.
Her viewpoint has been publicly denounced by multiple Harry Potter actors, including Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson. Others, like Helena Bonham Carter and Ralph Fiennes, have voiced their support for Rowling.

Sebastian Croft; a still from 'Hogwarts Legacy'

| CREDIT: STEPHANE CARDINALE - CORBIS/CORBIS VIA GETTY IMAGES; WARNER BROS. GAMES
Croft isn't the only actor who will lend his voice to the open world video game. He is joined by Simon Pegg, who will play Sirius Black's ancestor Nigellus Black, as well as Downton Abbey's Lesley Nicol, Amelia Gething, Kandace Caine, Luke Youngblood, and more.

Taking place in the late 1800s, Hogwarts Legacy will allow gamers to become a student at the titular school of witchcraft and wizardry, where they'll soon find themselves embarking on "a dangerous journey to uncover a hidden truth of the wizarding world," according to a press release.
The game apparates onto PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on Feb. 10, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions on Apr. 4, and the Nintendo Switch on July 25. Heartstopper will return for season 2 sometime in 2023.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

Heartstopper star Sebastian Croft apologizes amid Hogwarts Legacy game casting backlash

"I was cast in this project over 3 years ago, back when all Harry Potter was to me, was the magical world I grew up with. This was long before I was aware of JK Rowling's views."
By Emlyn TravisJanuary 17, 2023 at 03:35 PM EST

This is not the heart-stopping content that Heartstopper fans were looking forward to in 2023.

Sebastian Croft, who stars as Ben in the beloved LGBTQ+ teen series on Netflix, made waves online last week when it was revealed that he had been cast as the voice of the playable character in the upcoming Harry Potter video game Hogwarts Legacy. The announcement quickly came under heavy fire from fans of the show who expressed their dismay at his involvement in the game given author J.K. Rowling's history of controversial remarks, which many have deemed transphobic.
Croft took a moment to personally apologize and shed light on his decision to join the game's cast on Saturday.
"I was cast in this project over 3 years ago, back when all Harry Potter was to me, was the magical world I grew up with," he wrote on Twitter. "This was long before I was aware of JK Rowling's views. I believe wholeheartedly that trans women are women and trans men are men."

Croft continued, "I know far more now than I did 3 years ago, and hope to learn far more in the next 3. I'm really sorry to anyone hurt by this announcement. There is no LGB without the T."
Despite creating one of the most popular franchises of all time, Rowling has drawn heavy criticism from the Harry Potter fandom for her remarks about the trans community in recent years. The author, who wrote an essay on her stance on trans issues in 2020, has penned multiple harmful tweets, rallied behind other celebrities who've been similarly accused of making transphobic comments, and even wrote a crime novel about an author who is killed after she is canceled for being transphobic online.
Her viewpoint has been publicly denounced by multiple Harry Potter actors, including Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson. Others, like Helena Bonham Carter and Ralph Fiennes, have voiced their support for Rowling.

Sebastian Croft; a still from 'Hogwarts Legacy'

| CREDIT: STEPHANE CARDINALE - CORBIS/CORBIS VIA GETTY IMAGES; WARNER BROS. GAMES
Croft isn't the only actor who will lend his voice to the open world video game. He is joined by Simon Pegg, who will play Sirius Black's ancestor Nigellus Black, as well as Downton Abbey's Lesley Nicol, Amelia Gething, Kandace Caine, Luke Youngblood, and more.

Taking place in the late 1800s, Hogwarts Legacy will allow gamers to become a student at the titular school of witchcraft and wizardry, where they'll soon find themselves embarking on "a dangerous journey to uncover a hidden truth of the wizarding world," according to a press release.
The game apparates onto PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on Feb. 10, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions on Apr. 4, and the Nintendo Switch on July 25. Heartstopper will return for season 2 sometime in 2023.

Alot of this is false.

Oh and they can go fuck themselves.