GAMBIT (2020) SHORT FILM. ENJOY!

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I agree with @vertigo

They were definitely powered down versions.

Pros: Great cinematography and color grading. Lighting was spot on. Gambit's acting saved the film.

Cons: Rogue's acting almost dismantled the entire film. The storyline could have been much better.

The SFX were on par with most current Marvel or DC TV shows. This definitely be a scripted series with a little direction and a few higher caliber actors.

Lastly, I'm OK with Gambit's beard. Nothing wrong with reimagining characters and giving them a more updated look.

Overall: Good Job

I have a similar project that I have been wanting to do for years. With cinema cameras becoming more accessible and After Effects providing SFX for many major motion pictures, projects like these are more attainable than ever.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree with @vertigo

They were definitely powered down versions.

Pros: Great cinematography and color grading. Lighting was spot on. Gambit's acting saved the film.

Cons: Rogue's acting almost dismantled the entire film. The storyline could have been much better.

The SFX were on par with most current Marvel or DC TV shows. This definitely be a scripted series with a little direction and a few higher caliber actors.

Lastly, I'm OK with Gambit's beard. Nothing wrong with reimagining characters and giving them a more updated look.

Overall: Good Job

I have a similar project that I have been wanting to do for years. With cinema cameras becoming more accessible and After Effects providing SFX for many major motion pictures, projects like these are more attainable than ever.

Definitely powered down and that isn't a problem as the exact characters in the comics doesn't translate well to cinema. The only problem I have is that Gambit's accent is almost laughable how thick it should be. From where he came from in the Bayou

Last edited: