Fuel shortages in your area?

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah I'm not sure what these muthafuckas complaining about DJ.

zYylNA.jpg

Its cheaper for me to fuel up my diesel 2500 than my car, fucking shame.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The crazy thing is ppl doing all this nonsense when the pipeline is expected to be back online by the weekend. :smh: Them hoarders gonna get stuck with gas that will just sit and evaporate or go bad altogether.

I was laughing when I saw the gas fight vids and images of gas hoarders while thinking this will have long blown over by the time I need to visit the gas station about a month from now and here we are.

But according to the self-proclaimed "critical thinkers" here, the gas shortage will be long-term because of Biden :lol:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I was laughing when I saw the gas fight vids and images of gas hoarders while thinking this will have long blown over by the time I need to visit the gas station about a month from now and here we are.

But according to the self-proclaimed "critical thinkers" here, the gas shortage will be long-term because of Biden :lol:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ANTE UP!

(Bloomberg) -- Colonial Pipeline Co. paid nearly $5 million to Eastern European hackers on Friday, contradicting reports earlier this week that the company had no intention of paying an extortion fee to help restore the country’s largest fuel pipeline, according to two people familiar with the transaction.The company paid the hefty ransom in difficult-to-trace cryptocurrency within hours after the attack, underscoring the immense pressure faced by the Georgia-based operator to get gasoline and jet fuel flowing again to major cities along the Eastern Seaboard, those people said. A third person familiar with the situation said U.S. government officials are aware that Colonial made the payment.

Once they received the payment, the hackers provided the operator with a decrypting tool to restore its disabled computer network. The tool was so slow that the company continued using its own backups to help restore the system, one of the people familiar with the company’s efforts said.

A representative from Colonial declined to comment, as did a spokesperson for the National Security Council. Colonial said it began to resume fuel shipments around 5 p.m. Eastern time Wednesday.

rtqlat

Paying Lurker
BGOL Investor
doesn't the state and the gas providers have a reserve? so even if the pipeline is down shouldn't there be a supply for continuity? Every potential risk is amplified making the problem worst. Traffic is fucked because lines to get gas is spilling into the streets. moving off the grid is getting more appealing instead of dealing with these inconsiderate hoarding fucks.

Sadly, corporations/governments do not store or have reserves of things like fuel for the buying public. It’s a pathetic inventory on demand system that exacerbates any issue that cause a shortage. Amplified by the mainstream and social media for clout, clicks, and views. When I lived in the country I kept a 2000 gallon fuel tank on my property as well as a 1000 gallon propane tank. When I move back to the country I will do it again.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Sadly, corporations/governments do not store or have reserves of things like fuel for the buying public. It’s a pathetic inventory on demand system that exacerbates any issue that cause a shortage. Amplified by the mainstream and social media for clout, clicks, and views. When I lived in the country I kept a 2000 gallon fuel tank on my property as well as a 1000 gallon propane tank. When I move back to the country I will do it again.
The problem was not fuel but getting the fuel from a to b. That wouldn't have been a problem if not for the run on gas (panic buying caused the shortage).

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Took a spin around the block about an hour ago...
The one station closest to me has gas but is backed up down the block. Aside from that one station, all the others are reporting no gas because the assholes yesterday were panic buying. I had a little under half a tank so I wasn't tripping. These people are panicky idiots!

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I took my son to soccer practice and rode by gas stations with gas for $2.89. I paid $3.00 earlier, but I only copped $10 worth, just because.