Fuel shortages in your area?

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gas is 2.53 at Costco Cumberland Mall Atlanta GA. I just got back. Long ass line but organized.

I went there for provisions...didn't need any gas so no wait for me.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is price-gouging illegal?

Technically yes because the governor had declared a state of emergency

The Virginia Post-Disaster Anti-Price Gouging Act is activated when the governor or the president declares a state of emergency covering parts of Virginia. The act prohibits a "supplier" from charging unconscionable prices for "necessary goods and services" within the affected area during the thirty (30) day period following the declared state of emergency.

The term "necessary goods and services" includes goods or services for which demand does, or is likely to, increase as a result of the disaster.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After dropping wifey off this morning so I could get her oil changed stopped at the Walmart gas station by her job only had 3 people there and a sign saying regular only $50 limit so i decide to top the car off and this Cac had a truck full of gas cans in the back cussing and threatening the attendant cause of the $50 limit somebody is going to get killed before this ends. :smh: They also caught some Cacs siphoning gas out of SUVs on my block around 3am this morning.
Man.... These CACs are so fragile!!!!!!!!!! They panic over everything! The shit is not going to be that bad! DAMN! This will be short lived and life will go on. Can't stand these panicking idiots. They only make shit worse!

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Colonial announces pipeline restart, says normal service will take 'several days'

The company said it restarted the pipeline at 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday following a ransomware attack that crippled its operations and led to gas shortages.

May 12, 2021, 5:32 PM EDT / Updated May 12, 2021, 6:34 PM EDT
By Kevin Collier
Colonial Pipeline, operator of the largest U.S. fuel pipeline, said Wednesday it is restarting operations after being shut down for five days due to a cyberattack.
The company shut down its entire operation Friday after its financial computer networks were infected by a Russia-tied hacker gang known as DarkSide, fearing that the hackers could spread to its industrial operations as well.

The shutdown led to widespread gasoline shortages and caused temporary price spikes. The U.S. saw the problem as serious enough to issue an emergency order that relaxed restrictions for drivers carrying fuel in affected states.
"Colonial Pipeline initiated the restart of pipeline operations today at approximately 5 p.m. ET," the company said in a statement on its website. "Following this restart, it will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal."

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Colonial announces pipeline restart, says normal service will take 'several days'

The company said it restarted the pipeline at 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday following a ransomware attack that crippled its operations and led to gas shortages.

By Kevin Collier
Colonial Pipeline, operator of the largest U.S. fuel pipeline, said Wednesday it is restarting operations after being shut down for five days due to a cyberattack.
The company shut down its entire operation Friday after its financial computer networks were infected by a Russia-tied hacker gang known as DarkSide, fearing that the hackers could spread to its industrial operations as well.

The shutdown led to widespread gasoline shortages and caused temporary price spikes. The U.S. saw the problem as serious enough to issue an emergency order that relaxed restrictions for drivers carrying fuel in affected states.
"Colonial Pipeline initiated the restart of pipeline operations today at approximately 5 p.m. ET," the company said in a statement on its website. "Following this restart, it will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal."

Humans are so retarded.

What in the hell did these imbeciles think was going to happen?

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor

By Kevin Collier

All those fuckin' idiots hoarded all that gas for n'un.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Naw Cat, we good. Got plenty of gas, I just gassed up both vehicles yesterday. I put 93 in my SUVs so it's gonna be more. But no lines.
good shit. i was actually looking at a plane ticket home soon to visit some family.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Humans are so retarded.

Some people just always, in any unforeseen circumstance, will assume the worst shit is going to happen.

Like it's about to be months and months without gas, when really shit will be back to normal in like a week or some shit, especially if people would just chill.

Some people approach everything with a scarcity mindset.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man.... These CACs are so fragile!!!!!!!!!! They panic over everything! The shit is not going to be that bad! DAMN! This will be short lived and life will go on. Can't stand these panicking idiots. They only make shit worse!
Like I said all you got to do is tweak a couple of things and watch cacs go into self destruct mode or savage mode..never fails.. that’s why I said we should force them into isolation in Europe and watch that shit implode

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Been listening to the news on this pipeline fiasco.

Colonial has stated they plan on getting the pipeline back online.

The thing is, the pipeline has never been completely turned off since it went into operation back in 1963.

It has had a number of spills since then.

The pipeline has managed its integrity over the decades with product in it. Now with no product in the line, welds and connections might have loosened or failed.

Also, the product moves thru the pipeline at a average speed of 2 miles per hour.

If they turn the pipeline back on today, it won’t reach its furthest destination for about a week and a half. And then you have to wait for it to refill storage tanks.

It’s possible there will be a fuel shortage past Memorial Day if they get that thing pumping by Saturday.

And you cats need to keep note.....contrary to popular belief.....all that food you see in grocery store shevles don’t magically appear out of thin air.

A truck delivered it.

If trucks ain’t got no diesel, they ain’t moving anywhere.

Grocery stores only maintain about 3 days of food on their shelves. All that crap in the frozen food section, produce, meats and dairy don’t last long and is routinely removed for freshness and thrown away or sent to homeless shelters or food banks.

I’m a OTR trucker, I know how the food supply chain works.

And don’t get excited about Amazon either. Those stupid grey vans don’t run on tap water. They ain’t got gasoline....they ain’t delivering shit either.

Get yourself ready East Coast.....and don’t you Midwest and West Coast cats go thinking you are safe, it can happen out here faster than you can go take a piss.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Is this a gas shortage down South only? I'm in the Northeast and everything is cool. Gas is higher and that's about it.

"Gas demand is only just beginning to recover from the pandemic, and distributers had already begun stockpiling gas in advance of the high-demand summer season, so the existing inventory of gas is already fairly high.

In other words, the problem for the next few days is distribution, not a real underlying shortage.

“There isn’t a supply problem,” Valle said. “Actually, because of the pandemic there’s a lot of supply. And because the outage is less than a week, this is nothing that should be dangerous to consumers at the end of the day.”

"In the meantime, Granholm’s department and the Environmental Protection Agency have issued temporary waivers of federal restrictions on interstate gasoline tanker trucks, which should facilitate the flow of fuel from refineries in the Gulf Coast to gas stations further north.

The Department of Homeland Security is also considering waiving the Jones Act, which requires marine vessels moving between US ports to be US-flagged and crewed; that would free up foreign charter tankers to help move fuel."

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Nope.... I guess thing are all good cause Linden is the last stop on the pipeline and is close.... shit load of tank storage fields.... think they got a lot in Port Newark on Doremus Ave too

aerial-view-of-oil-storage-tanks-in-linden-nj-usa-united-states-of-B8EP88.jpg

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
These idiots were forming lines out here clogging up the right lane.
I got half a tank and will be good until the weekend.
I swear the world looks at us and laughs.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Humans are so retarded.

That's just it, imbeciles don't think. An I'm guessing the news shows are deliberately suppressing the true magnitude of what has happened here and the possibilities. A hacker manages to cripple thousands of businesses, millions of jobs, transportation and created fuel shortage affecting possibly a third of the country. Now imagine if all those systems were simultaneously attacked. Are there backup systems we don't know about?

Now add to all this the insanity of Trump's and his supporters and his agenda to takeover this country. I don't think the US is anymore prepared to prevent a preemptive attack today, than Japan was when the US dropped its 2 atomic bombs. I'm hoping I'm wrong but I do know you can't defeat a foreign enemy when fighting amongst your own people.