Fight Night!!!!! Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter WBO Welterweight Championship 9pm ET

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Damn Terence did everything but

1EOf.gif

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
What? A clinic

What fight u watched?

B4 that crash he woulda demolished Garcia but he looked like a shadow of himself
Spence the only dude to beat Danny Garcia so easily...seemed like he fought a very smart fight to me...Garcia was one of, if not, the hardest puncher at 147 and he is murder with the counter...Spence boxed from the outside and won easily...what did you see that was missing?...I know Pacquiao and Freddie Roach claim they saw something so I am genuinely curious what you saw

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Spence the only dude to beat Danny Garcia so easily...seemed like he fought a very smart fight to me...Garcia was one of, if not, the hardest puncher at 147 and he is murder with the counter...Spence boxed from the outside and won easily...what did you see that was missing?...I know Pacquiao and Freddie Roach claim they saw something so I am genuinely curious what you saw
I don't know what that guy saw. Got to treat him like ole Snake Eyes on the crap table.
a-iQ0B.gif

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I don't know what that guy saw. Got to treat him like ole Snake Eyes on the crap table.
a-iQ0B.gif
I know Pacquiao and them said Spence looked slow but I thought he was fast enough as he didnt get caught too much...but I am no Pacquiao or Freddie Roach...I wonder if dude is thinking Spence shoulda went in there and knocked him out but being overly aggressive would have just given Garcia more chances to counter..Spence basically fought the same way against Mikey Garcia and that was before the crash

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
For those who didn't hear or see the comment that Shawn Porter's dad made.

I am kind of on the fence here. I can see why his dad said those things. However, he may not have made the best decision by airing his grievances publically. He could have let the fight go and then on the ride home give him the, "I told you so" speech. lol!!

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor

I am kind of on the fence here. I can see why his dad said those things. However, he may not have made the best decision by airing his grievances publically. He could have let the fight go and then on the ride home give him the, "I told you so" speech. lol!!

throughout the lead up to the fight he's on shawn in training. and mentioned issues with shawn in the fight hype interview in reference to his training.check out the all access videos . but i agree. i would keep that between me and son. we would talk about it the morning after.

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He's your fighter and your son. If he is not prepared, you have some ownership in that. Why put your son in the ring if he was not prepared? That's my take on it.

Had he said Shawn was not prepared and that was my responsibility, I would have a lil respect for dude. But this milk dud head as nigga always wanted the spotlight. Fuck him.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Porter has almost 40 pro fights, 2 belts, respect in the boxing community, getting bread as an analyst - pretty good one too, has respectably fought majority of the big names in his weight class, and has two kids that are active in sports... I don't think last night had anything to do with his decision to retire, it was just that time... I think it's always best to leave on your terms rather than letting the game dictate that for you and definitely not for the fans...

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watch Bud get hit too much flush. Porter hurt him tonight and he's not a puncher. Errol Spence has way more boxing skill and he hits twice as hard as Shawn. Keith Thurman cracks harder than both of them. Bud is nasty but he gets hit cleanly. when he loses it's going to be by stoppage
I had Porter up all round except 2

I give out points for positive aggression

yawl musta forgot about the shaddylederman cards from the last 2 decades with fights.

that NIGGA DADDY A BITCH

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Porter retired because he loves and respects his father too much to fire him and continue fighting.

I believe that Shawn wants to be a champion and he puts his all into beating Spence and Crawford and it didn’t happen.

He doesn’t want to just box to box and he’s realized that at his age and skill level that he doesn’t have it to beat them both.

He’s not getting a second fight against either so it’s time to hang it up. Also if he did get a second fight with Spence or Crawford, it’s most likely be the same outcome with him possibly getting knocked out.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He's your fighter and your son. If he is not prepared, you have some ownership in that. Why put your son in the ring if he was not prepared? That's my take on it.

Had he said Shawn was not prepared and that was my responsibility, I would have a lil respect for dude. But this milk dud head as nigga always wanted the spotlight. Fuck him.

He was prepared to fight, he just didn’t do the things that his Dad told him and was telling him to win.

His Dad told him to move left, he was even screaming that at the fight. Shawn didn’t move left.

I watched one of their training vids leading up to the fight. Shawn’s Dad was frustrated because Shawn wasn’t doing what his Dad was telling him to do.

He mentioned about Shawn wanting to things his way and was real frustrated. I forgot exactly what he said but dude was mad and went off similarly to after the fight.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Porters dad is a supreme asshole. Any fighter thinking of signing with him better have no other option. The dude shits on his son publicly too often. Shit was horrible to watch. I lost every ounce of I respect I had for the man—and it wasn’t much. Porter won the biggest fight that night—kept his composure in a loss to a worthy opponent and the class he showed when upstaged by his father. Lost the battle, but won the war.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Nope, he's orthodox, but he can switch at will.
I ask this because I think he makes things harder than they should be by
fighting southpaw. He is neither as powerful nor as crisp from that stance,a
and in the early going Shawn Porter was winning simply because figthing in
the southpaw stance was not helping Crawford. I wish Porter would have won
and wiped the arrogance out of Crawford