Fight Night!!!!! Terence Crawford vs Shawn Porter WBO Welterweight Championship 9pm ET

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I thought Shawn was winning the fight too and I also don’t think he was badly hurt after the two knock downs. The two knock downs, I mean the two knock downs :roflmao:

I had to repeat it so that you know that he was getting up off of the mat from punches twice in a 30 second span. Something was hurt and it was more than his pride! :lol:

But no, I don’t think he was very hurt. I believe was frustrated because he got caught twice and he saw the writing on the wall.
LOL, It was his pride. You don't beat the floor if you are hurt. I never been stopped so I can't tell you about that. But, I have got my ass beat. My teammate Tony Pruitt used to kick me in my ass everyday and I would be mad as hell. I was 12-13 and he was in his twenties. Eventually, I was able to sit his ass down. I know frustration. Getting you ass beat causes frustration. That is what Shawn Porter had after the second knock down. He wasn't hurt, but he was frustrated like a motherfucker.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes the stoppage was justified because Jr was about to get TKO’s or knocked out. Either one was going to happen and Sr saw it.

You don’t and that’s ok.
As I've said several times, that wasn't a foregone conclusion, his father didn't know it would happen, he just wasn't willing to risk his son's health, that's understandable. What I don't understand is your position, you have said you've seen fighter's in worse shape than Porter, so what exactly did you see that made you believe it was hopeless for Porter? This was a close championship fight, why would you stop a fight when the fighter didn't appear to be hopelessly out of it, and wanted to continue?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As I've said several times, that wasn't a foregone conclusion, his father didn't know it would happen, he just wasn't willing to risk his son's health, that's understandable. What I don't understand is your position, you have said you've seen fighter's in worse shape than Porter, so what exactly did you see that made you believe it was hopeless for Porter? This was a close championship fight, why would you stop a fight when the fighter didn't appear to be hopelessly out of it, and wanted to continue?

I would’ve rather his Dad not stopped the fight, but I understand why he did.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow, Pops Porter gonna have to answer some tough questions.
Not really. That’s his boy. He knows him better than anybody. He made the executive decision that the probability of his son getting knocked down again in 1:21 was greater than him making it out the round, regardless of how bad he “didn’t” look to continue.
Kenny basically said Shawn had a hard head in training and it showed with him not following the fight plan as a result... way to kick your son when he's down, dad. Damn.
They are both adults. One is the boxer, one is the trainer. If one had the blueprint for success and there is footage of your instruction not being followed, and it’s your son, it is going to frustrate you as a trainer and a Dad. He knows that they don’t have to be in that situation, and so does his son, but there they were.

And looking at Porter’s face, after that shot, in that moment, I see what his Dad saw and why he stopped the fight.

A gamer will always be a gamer, but that don’t mean he can go out and get the outcome you trained for. He was gone…

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Father made a dad decision and not a coach one....he said he had never seen Shawn hurt like that before in all these years of boxing, they were obviously talking about retiring before the fight, Shawn has made good money and doesn't seem like a wasteful cat, Shawn got his family and a good gig and lives right across from Pops, they know Terrence well and know how dangerous he is...so Pops basically said fuck it

I get it from a life perspectice but from a boxing perspective, nah that ain't it...if the ref had stopped the fight, everybody would be saying the fix was in

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not really. That’s his boy. He knows him better than anybody. He made the executive decision that the probability of his son getting knocked down again in 1:21 was greater than him making it out the round, regardless of how bad he “didn’t” look to continue.

He stopped the fight because wasn't willing to risk his son getting hurt. Kenny's in the wrong sport then because boxing is about hurting your opponent. This was a championship fight, how many years of blood, sweat, and tears, has your son sacrificed to get to this moment and you end it all because he got buzzed? Bad stoppage. You ever seen Gatti/Ward 1? Gatti went down and was badly hurt from a body shot, the look of agony on his face shows he was about 10 times more hurt than Porter, even Emanuel Steward said he didn't think Gatti could recover but Gatti got up and was allowed to continue in a non championship fight, that 9th round became one of the best rounds in boxing history. If that was Shawn Porter and Kenny Porter was in his corner he would have thrown in the towel. When Porter went down he was upset at getting caught, didn't look at his father for help and emphatically told the ref he wanted to continue, let the man fight.

Last edited:

Pipe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was with Atlas the whole time on the one. He called it exactly right, and I 100 percent agree with his post fight breakdown.

Porter was just fighting to stay in the fight, but Crawford was setting Porter up the whole time to take him out. Laying traps that Porter would eventually walk into. The fight was not as close in reality as the scorecards indicated. One fighter was playing chess while the other was playing checkers.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It shows Mexicans dont know how to work

their firesticks.... if they did them ppv numbers

would be much less
Or they don't mind supporting the fighters they like. UFC 268 did big numbers, I don't follow UFC, so I don't know who are the biggest supporters of that sport?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Or they don't mind supporting the fighters they like. UFC 268 did big numbers, I don't follow UFC, so I don't know who are the biggest supporters of that sport?

yea true but it doesnt change the fact....

this last fight poorly marketed, it shouldve been

all over social media, from instagram to worldstar..

marketing sucked big time for this fight..

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yea true but it doesnt change the fact....

this last fight poorly marketed, it shouldve been

all over social media, from instagram to worldstar..

marketing sucked big time for this fight..

Marketing may have sucked but both of them aren’t big draws, people as a whole aren’t paying to see them fight.

Most boxers aren’t big draws and people aren’t paying to see them fight.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He made the executive decision that the probability of his son getting knocked down again in 1:21 was greater than him making it out the round, regardless of how bad he “didn’t” look to continue.
Yes the stoppage was justified because Jr was about to get TKO’s or knocked out. Either one was going to happen and Sr saw it.
10TH round, fighter down twice, more than two minutes left in the round, do you stop it?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10TH round, fighter down twice, more than two minutes left in the round, do you stop it?

The ref stepped in too soon, Castillo didn’t even fall and Corrales fell twice.

Let Castillo fall, then let him get up and see what happens from there.

200.gif

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The ref stepped in too soon, Castillo didn’t even fall and Corrales fell twice.

Let Castillo fall, then let him get up and see what happens from there.

200.gif
When your head snaps back like that most refs will step in, Castillo appeared defenseless. The point is, Joe Goossen gave his fighter a chance to win.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When your head snaps back like that most refs will step in, Castillo appeared defenseless. The point is, Joe Goossen gave his fighter a chance to win.

I’m just being like you! :lol:

To be fair, if the ref or the corner stopped the fight after the second time Corrales was knocked down I don’t think anyone could argue.

He was laying there like a newborn fucking baby God!:roflmao:

In all seriousness, he spit out his mouthpiece twice after both knockdowns. He barely made the 10 count the second time and he looked Waaaaaay out of it.

Yes he did come back and win, but how many fights can I pull up where the fighter was knocked down twice and didn’t come back and win? :confused:

Yes Porter Jr could’ve came back and won, but myself, his Dad and many others didn’t see it that way.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes Porter Jr could’ve came back and won, but myself, his Dad and many others didn’t see it that way.
I'll give you his pops and you but you're going to have to show me the many people because I haven't seen too many people say good stoppage, Porter was clearly done.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In all seriousness, he spit out his mouthpiece twice after both knockdowns. He barely made the 10 count the second time and he looked Waaaaaay out of it.
You do what you have to do, so maybe Porter spits out his mouthpiece, maybe he accidently on purpose hits Crawford low, like Trinidad did after he was hurt against Vargas or maybe he grabs and holds and ties his man up for the rest of the round. The point is in a championship fight let the man fight.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll give you his pops and you but you're going to have to show me the many people because I haven't seen too many people say good stoppage, Porter was clearly done.

I don’t think I said it was “Good stoppage”? :confused:

As a boxing fan, I would rather the fight went on and Crawford stopped him by knocking him out or by TKO in the ring. Because like you, I’ve seen other fighters who were in far worse shape than Porter and the towel didn’t get thrown in for them.

As a boxing fan, I would’ve liked the fight to continue and let the fighters end it in the ring.

But again, as Porter Sr saw it. The fight was over and Jr was about to get knocked out. He wasn’t seeing the punches and it wasn’t going to get any better for him.

So again, “I UNDERSTAND” why his Dad stopped the fight. It was a good stoppage for Porter Jr in that respect because Shawn was about to get knocked out or it was gonna be a TKO.

He wasn’t going to come back and win that fight and he wasn’t getting out of that round.

Yes he “Could’ve” turned it around because none of us can predict the future, but we’re 99.9 percent sure Porter Jr was getting knocked out or losing by TKO.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You do what you have to do, so maybe Porter spits out his mouthpiece, maybe he accidently on purpose hits Crawford low, like Trinidad did after he was hurt against Vargas or maybe he grabs and holds and ties his man up for the rest of the round. The point is in a championship fight let the man fight.

I hear you, but you don’t hear me.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t think I said it was “Good stoppage”? :confused:
You're really confusing because you keep going back and forth, on the one hand you say I understand why Kenny Porter stopped the fight, which as I've said several times I also understand but then you'll go on and say Porter wasn't going to get out of the round he was going to get KO'd, then when I point out what you said you say I'm only saying I understand why his father stopped the fight. You contradict yourself over and over including in this very post.

It was a good stoppage for Porter Jr in that respect because Shawn was about to get knocked out or it was gonna be a TKO.

He wasn’t going to come back and win that fight and he wasn’t getting out of that round.

Yes he “Could’ve” turned it around because none of us can predict the future, but we’re 99.9 percent sure Porter Jr was getting knocked out or losing by TKO.
This is what I'm talking about you start the post by saying I don't think I said it was a good stoppage then you go on to say it was a good stoppage. You know the reason fights are stopped is to protect the fighter from more punishment, so when you say you're 99.9 percent sure he was going to be KO'd you're saying, good stoppage.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're really confusing because you keep going back and forth, on the one hand you say I understand why Kenny Porter stopped the fight, which as I've said several times I also understand but then you'll go on and say Porter wasn't going to get out of the round he was going to get KO'd, then when I point out what you said you say I'm only saying I understand why his father stopped the fight. You contradict yourself over and over including in this very post.

It’s not confusing, you not understanding that I can see both sides is what’s confusing. So to help you finally understand I’ll separate it for you.

REDLINE the boxing fan:

I would’ve liked Shawn’s Dad not to have stopped the fight to see what would’ve happened, even though I know Shawn was about to get knocked out.

REDLINE stepping back looking at the situation for what it was:

Jr was about to get his ass knocked out and possibly hurt so I can understand why his Dad stopped the fight.

That’s it, it’s not confusing or deep.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s not confusing, you not understanding that I can see both sides is what’s confusing. So to help you finally understand I’ll separate it for you.

REDLINE the boxing fan:

I would’ve liked Shawn’s Dad not to have stopped the fight to see what would’ve happened, even though I know Shawn was about to get knocked out.

REDLINE stepping back looking at the situation for what it was:

Jr was about to get his ass knocked out and possibly hurt so I can understand why his Dad stopped the fight.

That’s it, it’s not confusing or deep.
What's confusing is you say good stoppage and then you deny saying good stoppage. :lol: Kenny Porter was not willing to see his son get hurt so he stopped the fight, I understand that but it was a bad stoppage because of the magnitude of the fight and Shawn Porter didn't seem to be visibly hurt and he wanted to continue.