Felicity Huffman Gets 14 Days in Jail - cacs Ain't Shit.....

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...days-prison-college-cheating-scandal-n1054106

huffmansentencing_wide-0d4c109fceb091857172211ac7d906406af3eca0-s800-c85.jpg

BOSTON — Actress Felicity Huffman, one of the biggest names caught up in a college-admissions scandal that rocked elite universities around the country, was sentenced to 14 days behind bars on Friday for her role in the sweeping scam.

"I am deeply sorry to the students, schools, and universities, that are impacted by my actions," Huffman said, while choking up as she read a prepared statement.

"I take full responsibility for my actions and as a first step for making amends for my crime. I will accept whatever punishment you deem appropriate."

The one-time Oscar nominee, who came to court holding hands with her actor husband, William H. Macy, will also have to pay a fine of $30,000 and perform 250 hours of community service under the sentence handed down by U.S. District Judge Indira Talwani.

The judge said this scandal showed a greater imbalance in America, with rich parents able to give their kids more advantages.

"This is a system which does not have a pure meritocracy and a person in position of wealth and position you are is in a much easier position in this meritocracy of college admissions," Talwani said.

“In a system of that sort, in that context, that you took the step of obtaining one more advantage to put your child over theirs.”

The judge said she didn't relish sending Huffman to prison, but believed it was the right call.

"I don't think anyone wants to be going to prison, I do think this is the right sentence here," she said. "You move forward and you can rebuild your life after this. You pay your dues."

The actress was ordered to report to prison by Oct. 25.

As the hearing wrapped up, Macy came up to his wife and put his hands on her shoulders. She grabbed Macy's hand, and the actress' eyes appeared puffy as though she'd been crying.

"Ms. Huffman, I wish you success moving forward," the judge said.

"Thank you," Huffman responded.

Huffman, 56, pleaded guilty to mail fraud and honest services fraud in May for paying $15,000 to college fixer Rick Singer to cheat on daughter Sophia Grace Macy's SAT in 2017.

"I am so sorry Sophia," she said. "I was frightened. I was stupid and I was so wrong. I am deeply ashamed of what I have done."

Huffman paid for someone to proctor and correct Sophia’s test, which resulted in her score jumping 400 points above her PSAT performance to 1420 out of a possible 1600.

She was the first parent to be sentenced in the scheme.

Huffman told the judge she had second thoughts about the scheme as they drove to the testing center.

"I thought to myself, 'Turn around, turn the car around,' " she said."I am so ashamed."

When the cheating scandal came to light, Huffman's said her daughter was in disbelief.

"My daughter said, 'I don't know who you are anymore,' " Huffman said. "I have inflicted more damage than I could have imagined."

Prosecutors had wanted Huffman to spend a month in prison, to go along with supervised release and a $20,000 fine.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
"I take full responsibility for my actions and as a first step for making amends for my crime. I will accept whatever punishment you deem appropriate."

The only people who say this are white people who already know they ain't getting shit and black people who have been tricked into thinking they ain't getting shit. Then the hammer falls.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn't expect a whole lot of time for her, but more than that (cut by like 75%) due to overcrowding of course.
...now I wonder what aunt Becky is gonna get. She and Mossimo spent way more money that Felicity, so I think their charges are a bit more serious (might get 2 months with 1 month suspended, lol)

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Didn't realize Mail Fraud was involved. I would think that charge demands more punishment.

I'm trying to be fair. Real physical crime often get soft sentences. Relative speaking I'm not sure what sentence or punishment is appropriate.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
White Jesus Christ the bitch got more time than I thought she would. She'll get more acting work as a result. She'll be alright.

you know?

I ACTUALLY thought for ONCE

since so many different races were kinda united AGAINST the 1% for ONCE

that she would at LEAST get 30 days in a minimum spa jail.

Van Allen

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Difficult to call. 30 Days to her is different than 30 days to most. She is shattered. In her mind, her life is devastated.

mozartte

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cacs are sending messages everyday about who runs the justice system. A black man in Alabama had to beg for a release the other day after serving 36 years in prison for stealing $50. Fuck this country. And cacs want me to think kap is the enemy.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
It's plea deal for a white collar crime. No shock here. What folks think going to happen to someone for paying $15,000 to cheat on a test?

If there are any people who take this shit to the box, that's when you'll see prison time. Ask Martha Stewart.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

After McDowell’s arrest was nationally reported, outrage ensued, and a petitionwas established online calling for the charges against her to be dropped. But larceny wasn’t the only charge McDowell faced. In 2011, she was arrested again,this time on suspicion of attempting to sell drugs to and offering an undercover police officer a prostitute.

McDowell was sentenced to five years in prison and five years probation after being convicted of first-degree larceny in the school case as part of a plea deal struck with prosecutors. Had she not taken the deal, McDowell could have faced decades in prison. At the time of her sentencing her attorney, David Crosland, expressed happiness with the resolution of the case.