Fathers with sons

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let me preface this by saying I have a feeling what the answers will be.

My son is a sophomore. He's on the honor roll, but I can tell he's coasting, because I still have to ride his ass to make sure his work is getting done. This is his first year at a regular public high school. He had been at a charter school and they wore shirt and tie everyday. Long story short, he's been wearing sweats and crocs to school, granted the sweats are whole suits, so they are nice, but his grades started to slip. I took all his shit, and finally it got to the point where I took his crocs and all his clothes out his closet. I made a deal with him, that if he takes care of his school business, and supply the evidence, I'd give him different outfit to wear each day. I also said, if he being lazy at all, Imma make you wear the same shit every day. So this mf been wearing what I pick out for him every morning. I didn’t realize how much drip he had in his closet with tags still on em. So yeah, his closet is empty, except for a pair of Jordan 12s and some all white Ones. I been picking out his clothes for him every morning for the past week. I feel like I'm having to re teach this mf how to carry himself in public, and I'm hoping that will carry over into him giving more of a fuck in general. I feel like there's this new thing where kids feel like its ok to go to school half fuckin dressed everyday. Parenting is some weird stuff man, you really have to get creative with this shit.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Yeah, I see this at my daughter’s high school and in college as well. Sounds like he is dressing similar to what he see on a daily basis.

Sounds like you’re in a power struggle right now. You’re flexing and he’s rebelling. Good luck, famo. This parenting shit can be overrated at times. Lol
Going to college as an older person, I was shocked at how many kids I saw walking the halls in pajamas carrying backpacks.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, you should see my classroom during the winter :lol: zero fucks given.

Warmer days are different. Especially for the girls.

A Vulcan can only take so much

sexy-teacher.gif

dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have no kids but I noticed these young people want to dress as if they are wrapped up in a weighted blanket. I

BlueDevils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My son is a sophomore. He's on the honor roll, but I can tell he's coasting, because I still have to ride his ass to make sure his work is getting done. This is his first year at a regular public high school. He had been at a charter school and they wore shirt and tie everyday. Long story short, he's been wearing sweats and crocs to school, granted the sweats are whole suits, so they are nice, but his grades started to slip. I took all his shit, and finally it got to the point where I took his crocs and all his clothes out his closet. I made a deal with him, that if he takes care of his school business, and supply the evidence, I'd give him different outfit to wear each day. I also said, if he being lazy at all, Imma make you wear the same shit every day. So this mf been wearing what I pick out for him every morning. I didn’t realize how much drip he had in his closet with tags still on em. So yeah, his closet is empty, except for a pair of Jordan 12s and some all white Ones. I been picking out his clothes for him every morning for the past week. I feel like I'm having to re teach this mf how to carry himself in public, and I'm hoping that will carry over into him giving more of a fuck in general. I feel like there's this new thing where kids feel like its ok to go to school half fuckin dressed everyday. Parenting is some weird stuff man, you really have to get creative with this shit.
As a parent of two high schoolers (boy and a girl - one senior, one sophomore) everything you are doing KEEP DOING. This generation is not our generation (goes without saying I know). And kids these days have the shortest attention span you could imagine. So you have to be creative with ways to get them to see what you want them too. I had a similar situation with my daughter her freshman year. I ended up going into her room and taking everything out...no EVERYTHING but the bed and 1 sheet. And put it all in bags and was like you going to earn this stuff back. It took a minute but my point was made and I havent had the grades situation since. For my son, It was like someone else said, that phone is everything...take that and you take their world. As far as how they dress, I mean Im not letting my kids wear pajamas and shit out...they represent my house and Im not having that. I dont police how they dress but I police whats appropriate and what not. But all that to say, stay being creative and dont let up. The lessons you teaching now, even when it seems like they are going in one ear and out the other will stick.

Last edited:

bdquest9

To teach the truth to the young black youth
BGOL Investor
Might want to check to see if the level of work is too easy for him since he’s an Honors student. He might really one or two grade levels ahead and might just be bored. Same thing with my son but caught it early in elementary school. The school was not willing to skip him twice so I pulled him out and did virtual home schooling. To keep him social he’s on a soccer team with a local club and a chess team. Come next week my son will graduate with both his high school diploma and his Associates degree at 16. Come fall he will be going to the state college as a Junior.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor

You're looking at how he should dress based on your idea of what was cool when you were in school. Wearing sweats is the move now with kids in HS. My son and all his friends wear sweats in school. Sweats with sneakers or sweats with crocs. That's the look right now.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's how we judged how chicks really look when winter came. Some surprises are found in this use case too.

Same here. Winter, you know exactly what you’re dealing with. It’s too easy to get blinded by little clothes and tight dress.

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Kids are very delicate to raise these days as a parent. You don't what you might say or do to trigger them to be the complete opposite of your imagination. I'd say find a middle ground. If he/she's doing well at school, voice your opinion on their dressing style but also be ready to understand that not much will change.
I used to be able to buy shit for my son to wear, these days, I get the looks like I have two horns on my forehead when I give him something. he'll take it from me but won't wear it...Now I don't buy him shit. I just pay for what he wants within reason.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel like there's this new thing where kids feel like its ok to go to school half fuckin dressed everyday. Parenting is some weird stuff man, you really have to get creative with this shit.
It's true I've notice how these kids dress these days with slide,crocs and I've even what I think are pajama pants on.
The whole being comfortable thing is taken to the extreme and I'm shocked that the schools haven't banned it cause when I was in high school we couldn't wear caps,du-rags,bandana's,beads or nothing that they thought represented a gang of some sort.My kids too young and we have to pick out his clothes

He hasn't learned yet that wearing nice clothes equal girls,you caring about your appearence means you might care about them....showing him how to startch and iron his pants might just break him so take your time.
I been picking out his clothes for him every morning for the past week.
I'd be going to school in these motherfuckers everyday,with slacks and a polo shirt extra smediam with a belt,feet hurting like hell.....ain't no way

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're looking at how he should dress based on your idea of what was cool when you were in school. Wearing sweats is the move now with kids in HS. My son and all his friends wear sweats in school. Sweats with sneakers or sweats with crocs. That's the look right now.
Yeah well if he grades wasnt slipping, he could dress like Homie Da Clown, and I wouldn't say nothing. This whole thing was brought on by his lazy behavior.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I use to wonder why some parents worked multi-jobs to pay for private schools...then i visited some inner city P.S...

giphy.gif

BoxEater

Talking shit and looking at pussy with the fellas
BGOL Investor
Paying close attention fellas. As a dad raising two boys 6 and 4 year old boys I'm always willing to listen to lessons and learn for the sake of my two.
Word. I got young kids and love discussions like this. It truly takes a village