Eninem "Zeus" --- Snoop Dogg Diss... The Beef Just Got Real....

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He is nowhere near Top 10, and its only white savior hood, that even allows it to be worthy of discussion. Eminem has had a GREAT career, but NONE of his albums are in the pantheon of great albums. A few all time songs, dope movie, but kill all this Top 10 noise.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
It’s funny how Rakim, Jay, Nas, Kendrick and Cole as well as well as many others all respect EM as a great and a lyricist but some fans don’t :lol:

Rakim, Jay, Nas and others are more of an authority to speak Em's lyrical ability but at the end of the day, they are all entertainers and you aren't entertained by them ability means nothing.

Eminem can probably out rap any of my favorites but I don't find Em to be entertaining.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rakim, Jay, Nas and others are more of an authority to speak Em's lyrical ability but at the end of the day, they are all entertainers and you aren't entertained by them ability means nothing.

Eminem can probably out rap any of my favorites but I don't find Em to be entertaining.

There’s nothing wrong with not liking his music or not being entertained by him. We all have our likes and dislikes. The issue is when fans don’t give him his credit on being one of the best lyricists. That’s the issue.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Making you feel something and rapping intricate words can be two totally different things. Remember when Twista set a world record in rapping fast, did you feel what he was saying though? Em is like that, he raps well but do you really feel him? I felt Tupac and Biggie, but Em is a good placer of words.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn this post still going.. Lol Em always spark opinions about him especially on this board. He's in my top ten, lyrically he's a beast. He doesn't have club bangers but when it comes to lyrical content, flow, word play and switching up speeds, he's definitely one of the best in my opinion.

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered

Em is a wordsmith rapper's rapper. A fan can't relate. If a fan hasn't fumbled over finding the right word as a writer, they can't relate. Em is a driven rapper who burned for the respect of his peers and the elder statesman. All else is the byproduct. His bars, his hooks, his wordplay ain't to him if he couldn't impress his influences.

But yeah, his subject matters suffers :lol:

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
It’s funny how Rakim, Jay, Nas, Kendrick and Cole as well as well as many others all respect EM as a great and a lyricist but some fans don’t :lol:

I don't even care about dumbass fans on BGOL. Who the fuck is Snoop to be yelling about Eminem can't fuck with Rakim? He's Ryan Hollins yelling about "LeBron ain't shit compared to MJ."

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't even care about dumbass fans on BGOL. Who the fuck is Snoop to be yelling about Eminem can't fuck with Rakim? He's Ryan Hollins yelling about "LeBron ain't shit compared to MJ."
Are you trying to insult snoop legacy.. dude legacy is almost 3 decades strong.. from deep cover to him showcasing on versus and a bunch of shit in between

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Are you trying to insult snoop legacy.. dude legacy is almost 3 decades strong.. from deep cover to him showcasing on versus and a bunch of shit in between

I'm exaggerating when I say he's Ryan Hollins but he is nowhere near the GOAT discussion that Rakim and Eminem are objectively in (objectively because many people have them there, almost nobody has Snoop there).

Blkops

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm exaggerating when I say he's Ryan Hollins but he is nowhere near the GOAT discussion that Rakim and Eminem are objectively in (objectively because many people have them there, almost nobody has Snoop there).
When you talk GOAT subject Matters. Em is not there with the Icons. If you ain't blasting from cars in the summer time you ain't in that top tier. Impact Matters. An apparently Marshall don't.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He’s a legend with longevity with many hits and at least one classic album under his belt.. that’s a nice portfolio and many would easily say snoop is a hall of famer

most would prefer to listen to a snoop catalog over ems.. diff age groups, diff sex, diff ethnic backgrounds.. once again that says a lot about dudes catalog

EchoCrash

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Snoop been getting at Eminem for a minute apparently

Gave that another listen and it’s not a real diss. If you’re not a fan of an artists material, you aren’t gonna fuck with it - at all. I appreciate him saying that. Doesn’t matter if they’re “in the same camp” thru Dre.
When he heard that beat, he didn’t get that vibe. Though I fux with Em’s pen, he’s made songs about being molested by his stepfather and felching. When I was younger, my crew and I was rappin’ a little locally and doin’ a little sumpin’ sumpin’ in the booth and as much as a clown as I could be, them topics never crossed my mind. Snoop sayin’ he’s a gangsta. Makes perfect sense.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
most would prefer to listen to a snoop catalog over ems.. diff age groups, diff sex, diff ethnic backgrounds.. once again that says a lot about dudes catalog

"I spit that shit that real niggas feel while 99% of your fans wear high heels."

Most would rather listen to Nelly's catalogue than KRS's. Diff age groups, diff sex, diff ethnic backgrounds- Nelly > KRS. Cool J > Canibus, Will Smith > Public Enemy. I think that says that a popularity contest (which I actually think you're wrong about and Eminem, the top-selling rapper of all-time, outperforms Snoop by a lot in this measure) is not the best way to gauge.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Just watching the comments and see where this goes but to all remember the number one rule with diss track now Controversy Creates Cash

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
"I spit that shit that real niggas feel while 99% of your fans wear high heels."

Most would rather listen to Nelly's catalogue than KRS's. Diff age groups, diff sex, diff ethnic backgrounds- Nelly > KRS. Cool J > Canibus, Will Smith > Public Enemy. I think that says that a popularity contest (which I actually think you're wrong about and Eminem, the top-selling rapper of all-time, outperforms Snoop by a lot in this measure) is not the best way to gauge.
top selling rapper... yet snoop got songs from 29 yrs ago that people still will play today.. how often do you hear people playing slim shady? How many events do you go to and here em music? When you shopping? .. snoop just did some sports commentary for tyson fight and now got signed to do various gigs.. he also was the main performer that night... em got dissed by machine gun Kelly, had to talk shit about nick canon and now made about snoop.. all 3 em moments in the past 2 yrs were attention whore diss records and nobody cared..em is a dictionary probably the top selling book outside of the Bible.. snoop is Harry Potter or any popular fairytale.. a popular book that sold a lot but not as much as a dictionary.. ask a person which 1 they rather read and Harry Potter would be the people’s choice.. em sold a lot for various reasons 1 is cause as he said he was Elvis of rap

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
top selling rapper... yet snoop got songs from 29 yrs ago that people still will play today.. how often do you hear people playing slim shady? How many events do you go to and here em music? When you shopping? .. snoop just did some sports commentary for tyson fight and now got signed to do various gigs.. he also was the main performer that night... em got dissed by machine gun Kelly, had to talk shit about nick canon and now made about snoop.. all 3 em moments in the past 2 yrs were attention whore diss records and nobody cared..em is a dictionary probably the top selling book outside of the Bible.. snoop is Harry Potter or any popular fairytale.. a popular book that sold a lot but not as much as a dictionary.. ask a person which 1 they rather read and Harry Potter would be the people’s choice.. em sold a lot for various reasons 1 is cause as he said he was Elvis of rap

Just this month, Stan was the basis of an SNL sketch and President Obama recited lyrics from Lose Yourself. That's in the last two weeks.

Snoop does NOT have records with that weight. He isn't in the same league. Remotely. Not in the same galaxy.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just this month, Stan was the basis of an SNL sketch and President Obama recited lyrics from Lose Yourself. That's in the last two weeks.

Snoop does NOT have records with that weight. He isn't in the same league. Remotely. Not in the same galaxy.
His original catalog from his first 3 albums which most people have said is the best of em and has fell off since.. snoop was part of the death row/bad boy rivalry.. that line at the source awards was 1 of the biggest segments in hip hop history... people still talk about snoop kicking over the buildings in his vid.. 2 hall of fame artist are no longer here due to that rivalry.. pac/big you might have heard of them

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
Gave that another listen and it’s not a real diss. If you’re not a fan of an artists material, you aren’t gonna fuck with it - at all. I appreciate him saying that. Doesn’t matter if they’re “in the same camp” thru Dre.
When he heard that beat, he didn’t get that vibe. Though I fux with Em’s pen, he’s made songs about being molested by his stepfather and felching. When I was younger, my crew and I was rappin’ a little locally and doin’ a little sumpin’ sumpin’ in the booth and as much as a clown as I could be, them topics never crossed my mind. Snoop sayin’ he’s a gangsta. Makes perfect sense.

Snoop was being a little salty with his comments. Anyone can tell that he knew that was the Stan sample. Dre must have had one of those days when he was being lazy and just gave him the basic sample without changing it. Instead of Snoop saying Dre was being lazy, he threw Em under the bus. Snoop almost sounded a little jealous of Em.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Theres inly like 5 rappers who had a legendary buzz in hip hop

Snoop, Busta Rhymes, DMX, 50 Cent, and Drake.

Eminem is good, I would even say great, but his legendary status is only maintained cause if his skin color.
Blacks love seeing white people do our art well because for some weird reason we know white people will then acknowledge our art and ok it as ‘not trash’.

Soon as Justin Timberlake sings its wild comparisons to Michael Jackson.
Connor McGregor, oh he can beat Mayweather...
Eminem, better than the top 10 black rappers of all time?
Its the spectacle of it all
I wouldn't put Busta up there with the others

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
The way i see a lot of folks feel about Em. He can rap but ain't feeling his music is the same way i feel about Kendrick Lamar. Dude can rap but since that 1st album his music has sounded like a soundtrack to the color purple

Mr. ISM

Official Ol' Head
BGOL Investor
Theres inly like 5 rappers who had a legendary buzz in hip hop

Snoop, Busta Rhymes, DMX, 50 Cent, and Drake.

Eminem is good, I would even say great, but his legendary status is only maintained cause if his skin color.
Blacks love seeing white people do our art well because for some weird reason we know white people will then acknowledge our art and ok it as ‘not trash’.

Soon as Justin Timberlake sings its wild comparisons to Michael Jackson.
Connor McGregor, oh he can beat Mayweather...
Eminem, better than the top 10 black rappers of all time?
Its the spectacle of it all

the fuck are you talking about son....drake legendary buzz??

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The rap battle originated through word play and a beatbox. Was it a beat battle or rap battle? Lyrically Ether was at best Junior high school lunchroom battle rap. Nothing Nas said stung like what Jay said.
Tell Jay Z that. It had him near tears with just the mention of it during his Angie Martinez interview. And she was laughing at that nigga. And then also tell Memphis Bleek too. Because he said when they all heard Ether their mouths hit the floor and Jay was fucked up over it.

EchoCrash

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Snoop was being a little salty with his comments. Anyone can tell that he knew that was the Stan sample. Dre must have had one of those days when he was being lazy and just gave him the basic sample without changing it. Instead of Snoop saying Dre was being lazy, he threw Em under the bus. Snoop almost sounded a little jealous of Em.
Granted, fam...
With Em being a multi-diamond selling artist and one that is still relevant in some circles should give him a level of indifference to trivial things like this. Recognition from your peers is cool, but it doesn’t take away from your skill.
Addendum: This next example is not a direct comparison, just to juxtapose Em with these examples on “peer acceptance.”
No one in baseball liked Barry Bonds but he arguably had an eye that was top three and pure hitting skills that were other-worldly.
Michael Jordan’s teammates did not like his ass at all because he was cruel to them if they didn’t try to die on the court daily.
So whereas Em is not the GOAT, he has done enough to be in some GOAT mentions. What a peer has to say should not and DOES not matter.

Blkops

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not s
Says who? That's not how I listen to music. To say songs like Stan (took a name that was rarely heard, flipped it, now it's a daily word) don't count because people don't blast it in the summer is silly.
It measures impact and what is silly is you discounting it cuz your guy lacks impact with the streets. Em has his lane but you Stans need to recognize it don't run thru GOAT.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw i absolutely meant Busta

Busta’s nice but there’s only a few artists that had “Legendary” buzz in the past 30 years in my opinion.

That’s Snoop, BIG and just off of popularity 50 Cent.

Wu-tang had a special buzz along with Nas. But Snoop and BIG hit Hip Hop differently.

Busta’s been around since the 80’a with LONS, I don’t consider his buzz “Legendary”.