Rising Star
Registered

tenor.gif

DOPENESS!!

Carry on…..

JungleBros

Rising Star
Registered
These grandfathers are still rapping with one foot in the nursing home? Please, don't try to do anything else at their age. Continue talking about smoking weed and shooting up the club. Yeah, with your bad back and your Ginuwine knees, nobody is scared of you.

:lol:

JungleBros

Rising Star
Registered
Is that really what you got out of that song?

"I will treat Paula Dean like a fucking human pinball machine" :lol:
I got so little out of that video...

It's like they are stuck in their 30s. Mental progression would have made them switch careers already. Old (rich) dudes still in the club? Even I have outgrown their lyrics...

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
These grandfathers are still rapping with one foot in the nursing home? Please, don't try to do anything else at their age. Continue talking about smoking weed and shooting up the club. Yeah, with your bad back and your Ginuwine knees, nobody is scared of you.

Making music is officially their jobs.
The retirement age in the US is 66yrs old.
Even then not everyone takes retirement,
Specially when said job is still paying in the millions.

JungleBros

Rising Star
Registered
"You 38 and you still rappin'? Ugh..."

I don't know why they need to switch careers if they're making music people like and they have fans. I think the last Eminem album that failed to debut at #1 was the Slim Shady LP... If athletes could play forever, you don't think some of them would? You don't think Jordan would be playing for the Hornets today? I enjoy Eminem always trying to outdo his last shit.

You're right that there's a certain lack of growth, though. Treating Paula Dean like a pinball machine ain't the deepest lyric ever. But it made me laugh and I appreciate the rhyme scheme.
Robert Parrish was an old fart when he quit, so was Kareem. I'm not saying that Em and Snoop should stop. I'm just saying that normal maturity should have made them stop by now and focus on the "grown" side of the industry. I had the whole collection of He-Man figures. I naturally don't have any today due to my maturity. If I still had them today, wouldn't you find that kinda weird? Be honest.

JungleBros

Rising Star
Registered
Yes, I mentioned old men playing sports. I also think that with maturity, some things in your life has to change. In high school I learned all of Biggie's lyrics. That shit didn't help me become a scientist today.

How long does a person hang out at a club drinking and trying to catch a woman? Something in life should have elevated you.
I get what you're saying. Old farts like Sean Connery, RIP, and Brad Pitt are still playing the pretty boy role. If they can draw the crowd, great. I would be ashamed to sit up there with a chest full of gray hair.
Same thing with DeNiro playing a tough gangster

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Robert Parrish was an old fart when he quit, so was Kareem. I'm not saying that Em and Snoop should stop. I'm just saying that normal maturity should have made them stop by now and focus on the "grown" side of the industry. I had the whole collection of He-Man figures. I naturally don't have any today due to my maturity. If I still had them today, wouldn't you find that kinda weird? Be honest.
Not even nearly the same.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
I got so little out of that video...

It's like they are stuck in their 30s. Mental progression would have made them switch careers already. Old (rich) dudes still in the club? Even I have outgrown their lyrics...

What music do you listen to?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Yes, I mentioned old men playing sports. I also think that with maturity, some things in your life has to change. In high school I learned all of Biggie's lyrics. That shit didn't help me become a scientist today.

How long does a person hang out at a club drinking and trying to catch a woman? Something in life should have elevated you.
I get what you're saying. Old farts like Sean Connery, RIP, and Brad Pitt are still playing the pretty boy role. If they can draw the crowd, great. I would be ashamed to sit up there with a chest full of gray hair.

Imagine thinking writing lyrics and making music has an expiration date, when it’s actually the adverse that is true. Better technique, wisdom and musical depth come with age, not youth. By your logic, a 5 star chef should stop cooking at 40 cause they’re washed up and past the date that’s acceptable to your imaginary level of “maturation.”

“Deniro playing a gangster..”

“Bad back and Ginuwine knees; nobody is afraid of you..”

“Ashamed to sit up there with grey hairs…”

How old are you? Cause these are insecurities that come with youth or a man child that lives off societal expectations and has ZERO balls to do anything of substance that may taint those expectations.

JungleBros

Rising Star
Registered
Imagine thinking writing lyrics and making music has an expiration date, when it’s actually the adverse that is true. Better technique, wisdom and musical depth come with age, not youth. By your logic, a 5 star chef should stop cooking at 40 cause they’re washed up and past the date that’s acceptable to your imaginary level of “maturation.”

“Deniro playing a gangster..”

“Bad back and Ginuwine knees; nobody is afraid of you..”

“Ashamed to sit up there with grey hairs…”

How old are you? Cause these are insecurities that come with youth or a man child that lives off societal expectations and has ZERO balls to do anything of substance that may taint those expectations.
Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. If you are old and you can still play in the NBA, go for it. Rappers mature at different times. I know that LL and Ice T and Ice Cube can still rap, but their maturity led them out of rapping. Chuck D is in my top three rappers. Even he had to get off the mic even though he was more of a activist on the mic.
I'm only talking about rappers and juxtaposed them with NBA players. I'm conservative in my actions, so seeing me onscreen with no shirt on isn't going to happen. You may think I'm fat but I guarantee you that I'm not.

I'm older than most here and had done many things out of the pocket but that has nothing to do with societal expectations. When I'm examined by my peers, I'm in good company.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. If you are old and you can still play in the NBA, go for it. Rappers mature at different times. I know that LL and Ice T and Ice Cube can still rap, but their maturity led them out of rapping. Chuck D is in my top three rappers. Even he had to get off the mic even though he was more of a activist on the mic.
I'm only talking about rappers and juxtaposed them with NBA players. I'm conservative in my actions, so seeing me onscreen with no shirt on isn't going to happen. You may think I'm fat but I guarantee you that I'm not.

I'm older than most here and had done many things out of the pocket but that has nothing to do with societal expectations. When I'm examined by my peers, I'm in good company.
Ummmmm …

….

I was being hyperbolic. Pick any subject. Dude from Napoleon Dynamite was too old to play. Al Bundy still wore his HS letterman even though he was in his 50s.

Examples are just that...
I understood exactly what you were saying by the asinine words you condescendingly uttered in these posts.

Your childish inference is that Age = Incapable/Lack of maturation by YOUR shit standards. Nobody else’s.

And to place those shitty standards onto other people is an indictment of how weak YOU actually are.

“I’m in good company when reviewed by my peers…”

So what, you are but Eminem and Snoop aren’t because they’re what, old .. by your standards?

You sound dumber than fuck.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I was being hyperbolic. Pick any subject. Dude from Napoleon Dynamite was too old to play. Al Bundy still wore his HS letterman even though he was in his 50s.

Examples are just that...
...And every example you gave were apples to Snoop and Eminem's oranges.

You: "It's like they are stuck in their 30s. Mental progression would have made them switch careers already. Old (rich) dudes still in the club? Even I have outgrown their lyrics.."

The Rolling Stones had a top 4 album in their 70s. Singing about the same shit they always sang about.

Much of the music dominating the pop charts now was written by people as old as and older than Snoop and Eminem.

Furthermore, Snoop has been a host of several tv shows, has his own production company, owns Death Row records, has acted in numerous films and tv shows, stars in tv commercials and worked as Executive Creative and Strategic Consultant for Def Jam overseeing A&R. He's stayed relevant as an artist for 31 years.

Eminem has had his own numerous ventures outside of his rapping as well. He's still relevant after 20+ years.

Sounds like grown man shit to me. Nothing wrong with these dudes having fun on record. We like it. You don't. That doesn't make them irrelevant or the song silly or immature or whatever you want to call it. Just means it's not YOUR speed.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

Some youngin's will never understand the longevity real hip hop artist have, Master P said it best him and others are still making money off of music they made 20 years ago :itsawrap:

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered

You mention Chuck D yet his voice is timeless. We are the only people quick to say our musicians are played out. In actuality our music is timeless if we allow it to be. I enjoy listening to hip hop old and new, I relate to the older stuff and artists because I’m older. I can’t relate to a lot of the new stuff because I don’t wanna be the old man in the club getting caught up in a Lil whoever beef.

Frank Sinatra performed well past his prime in his old age. Old Italians brought their kids to the show because it was part of their culture. Nothing wrong with Snoop or Em still recording because a large part of their original fan base still listens to hip hop.