Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Bluesky the Twitter-style social app, threw open the doors for anyone to join

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope he gets follows through on all his "free speech" bullshit promises. Nothing would send this country faster to shit then allowing right-wing fascists like Donald Trump himself to spread lies and misinformation unchecked.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'm really questioning the stock market. It looks like he bought the shares early March. Are these private or public shares? No one saw the volume movement that 9% of shares would create before it was announced?

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I hope he gets follows through on all his "free speech" bullshit promises. Nothing would send this country faster to shit then allowing right-wing fascists like Donald Trump himself to spread lies and misinformation unchecked.

Was just talking about this in the investment thread.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Yeah, like we don't have a media that's been spreading 'misinformation' before Trump was in politics. Remember the WMD in Iraq? How about putting a black face on the drug war when whites use just as much if not more drugs and they make up 70 percent of the population? Hell, what about recently when COVID was being ignored by MSM with over 2k deaths a day? Media blackout?

Fools out here really for censorship when the United States government and media have been the masters of misinformation for decades. :smh:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I still wouldn't use that platform to do anything, especially with the new CEO.

Tesla is a burgeoning transnational corporation, ownership of Twitter could be used to coax payoffs or bribes from other countries or government in the form of government contracts, silence investigations, or influence regulation. Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post, and immediately got lucrative government contracts, he also had a reporter lured into an embassy and chopped up.

Where Dorsey could gain wealth from stock ownership, this would be transparent and easy to track. Elon can get paid to shadow ban content in 10x more ways. I exposed a major transnational corporation doing this for another country. He could also support free speech, than suffer the wrath of governments looking to shut down content such as chopping up staff members of Twitter or stifling his business interests. I have noted in the past that production of EV are being taken over by other countries, and jobs hoarded similar to the footwear, garment, and consumer electronics industry. He appears to be a target, based on the incessant reporting of discrimination claims and criminal investigations launched against him. Many of these entities have suspiciously used bioweapons such as AIDS to negate an influencer presence such as Magic Johnson. He was promoting a footwear product being domestically made in the U.S.

s-l500.jpg

We say these are American companies doing business in another country, these are transnational companies with almost no fidelity to the U.S. empire spewing propaganda.

I would transfer this stock to a free speech non-profit and let the Twitter users in a democratic manner, choose the board. This is how you support free speech, free speech is not something one person can impose, you have to equalize the power of all Twitter users. The goodwill from this gesture would boost the brand image of his company, much the same way as giving away his patents.

hqdefault.jpg

Here is another venture backed by a billionaire, censoring content - causing many of the prominent reports to leave. Until you democratically equalize with the users, it will be abused for payoffs.

Last edited: