Elijah Cummings is dead at 68

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Another state funeral Trump will be asked to not attend.
tenor.gif

Rightfully so

RIP Representative Elijah Cummings

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
RIP. Long Journey, he certainly had a full life. The books on his life for juniors were excellent.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Man damn!

Who do we have to replace this brother? No one?

Everytime we lose a congressmen like this I get worried. Who picks up the mantel to carry it on our behalf after him?

RIP to Elijah Cummings.

Reactions: PJN

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I only know what he did for the civil rights era. He's on the other side of the country.

Can someone like a @Mike In Bmore tell me how the people of Bmore and Maryland are taking this news?
I've been working all day and kind of disconnected. But from people I have heard from... This is a tough one. We knew he wasn't doing well tho. At the risk of violating HIPPA, one of my wife's friends had told her he had been hospitalized and not doing well at all so it's not exactly a shock. But the good shit they say about him isn't bull... He really cared

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I've been working all day and kind of disconnected. But from people I have heard from... This is a tough one. We knew he wasn't doing well tho. At the risk of violating HIPPA, one of my wife's friends had told her he had been hospitalized and not doing well at all so it's not exactly a shock. But the good shit they say about him isn't bull... He really cared
Thank you for the insight.
Its much appreciated fam.

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My experience has been similar to yours. I got a text around 6 AM from a friend who has family on the congressman's staff. Gotta say I was momentarily shocked. It seems the staff didn't know exactly how ill he was either. I hear Billboards are going up around town in memory of Rep Cummings.

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is she in politics locally or have a law degree? I don't k now anything about his wife. Although I've seen other spouses take their husbands seat when they passed...

I think it depends on State Law. In Md, I believe you have to have a special election. (Primary & General) The Governor has to schedule both. They say March will be the earliest that the seat could be filled.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I watched a program on him and what he meant to his community. Very popular man and activist in Maryland. And literally lived in the community, and never left.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
My experience has been similar to yours. I got a text around 6 AM from a friend who has family on the congressman's staff. Gotta say I was momentarily shocked. It seems the staff didn't know exactly how ill he was either. I hear Billboards are going up around town in memory of Rep Cummings.

Apparently he was in hospice care and no one knew. One of the reps said he participated remotely in a meeting last week.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
RIP. He had strong conviction and took his job as a public servant seriously and with integrity. Condolences to his family and close friends.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Only 68, he should have eased up on the fried chicken and soul food places in Maryland. It goes to show what a high stress job will do to the body, releasing adrenaline all the time.

RIP

Last edited:

Your Connected

Potential Star
Registered
Simply classless. Was it too difficult to just say nothing at all?

Don't have time for pleasantries the man was incompetent and a tool of the racist Democratic party he did nothing in his years as congressman for Baltimore. He will forever be known to me as The Rat King I pray John Lewis is next

Last edited: