Elizabeth Warren staffer creates STAGED black barber shop

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
I don't know what's more pathetic. A staged barbershop conversation or the fact that OP had to lie about the guy being in Elizabeth Warren's staff? How pathetic are you that you have to lie to get people to hate on a Presidential candidate? And the crabs as usual take what some Trump-worshiping clown posts as facts and roll with it. The barbershop is funny, but it wasn't Elizabeth Warren or her staff who did this .
OP is a cac Russian troll . There’s about 7 of them here who do this

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like Yvette, but she's full of shit here. The shop, even if by some chance it's legit, does not look like a real shop to almost any dudes who have been going to neighborhood shops for 10...20...40 fucking years. Yes, Russians are and have been on that bullshit, but this particular thing is something Russians would not know. Yevgeny wouldn't find the lack of a old ass haircut chart on the wall odd.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
I don't know what's more pathetic. A staged barbershop conversation or the fact that OP had to lie about the guy being in Elizabeth Warren's staff? How pathetic are you that you have to lie to get people to hate on a Presidential candidate? And the crabs as usual take what some Trump-worshiping clown posts as facts and roll with it. The barbershop is funny, but it wasn't Elizabeth Warren or her staff who did this .

Dude is a twitter blue check who's timeline is full of Warren cheerleading. What was I thinking not opening a full investigation on him before I posted something I thought was funny and suspect to BGOL?

Just thinking of all the havoc I must have caused on all the undecided BGOL voters has me full of regret.

:rolleyes:

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
I like Yvette, but she's full of shit here. The shop, even if by some chance it's legit, does not look like a real shop to almost any dudes who have been going to neighborhood shops for 10...20...40 fucking years. Yes, Russians are and have been on that bullshit, but this particular thing is something Russians would not know. Yevgeny wouldn't find the lack of a old ass haircut chart on the wall odd.
EXACTLY!

Political discussions in barbershops are not unique nor particularly unusual - because of that I do not doubt for a moment that this guy HAS brought up her name in conversations before - especially because that is what he admittedly has been getting PAID to do. And the bigger "joke" was never designed to be at the specific expense of Elizabeth Warren - I would have SMH just as hard if it were shilling for Bloomberg or Biden or Bernie. AGAIN this controversy going viral ain't even about Elizabeth Warren herself.

The "joke" was that Frederick Joseph (a paid political "Internet influencer") wanted people to believe that this one particular event staging was natural and organic. He sabotaged himself with his "I speak jive" over-the-top "you know it's real" smarminess and doubled down with picture "proof" that could be immediately peeped as having a fuck-effort level of authenticity by anyone who actually had ever stepped foot inside a Black barber shop.

And instead of just taking the 15 minute "L" and moving on, Black Twitter got incensed by the audacity of Fredrick Joseph and other Warren supporters to continue doubling down on the obvious phoniness of this half-assed stunt, then failing miserably to try and muddy the narrative by "blaming" the Russians and other campaigns. It makes the whole situation as ludicrous as it is laughable.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:smh::smh::smh:

Trump bout to get a 2nd win this November. Can't even get a decent candidate to run against him.

Whites gonna vote him in again. Maybe even more than in 2016

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

This wasn't a result of Russian propaganda, I posted it because of the way folks are being easily deceived. The vice article explains what happened.

As far as the shop: despise not small beginnings. We have folk who cut hair out the back of cars or traveling to people's homes. Black folks "kitchen-ticians" are the things of legend. He may not have what is a polished business yet, but he is making money and has a store front at least. I feel bad for him, to see all the mockery all over the internet. We'll have fiddy other threads about supporting black men and black businesses tho. The rhetoric is not what's practiced in reality tho.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor

WHY has no one yet posted a parody video? :blush:

Last edited:

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah but like I said, even IF his shop is legit.... you can ask 100 brothas who have been going to the barbershop every few weeks since they were so young that they had to sit in that baby seat they pull out for the little kids... and 98 of them are gonna look at his setup and think "wtf??". So, basically, her campaign set up an onsite barbershop talk, and out of all of the black barbershops in that state, they chose one that looks like it was put together hastily to "look" like a barbershop.

Don't feel bad for the proprietor... people in that city will go by there just to check it out and he'll probably get some new customers.

This wasn't a result of Russian propaganda, I posted it because of the way folks are being easily deceived. The vice article explains what happened.

As far as the shop: despise not small beginnings. We have folk who cut hair out the back of cars or traveling to people's homes. Black folks "kitchen-ticians" are the things of legend. He may not have what is a polished business yet, but he is making money and has a store front at least. I feel bad for him, to see all the mockery all over the internet. We'll have fiddy other threads about supporting black men and black businesses tho. The rhetoric is not what's practiced in reality tho.

Last edited:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
yeah but like I said, even IF his shop is legit.... you can ask 100 brothas who have been going to the barbershop every few weeks since they were so young that they had to sit in that baby seat they pull out for the little kids... and 98 of them are gonna look at his setup and think "wtf??". So, basically, her campaign set her up for an onsite barbershop talk, and out of all of the black barbershops in that state, they chose one that looks like it was put together hastily to "look" like a barbershop.

There is no IF. I posted the Vice story. So are you saying you only want opinions from black folks of a certain status and image? Those who have made it? I've never seen a store front set up like his, but I've seen shops with only one chair. My cousin was licensed, but she worked out of her home. The only mirror I had was a hand mirror and what was in her bathroom, and she did my jheri curl back in the day. (Yeah, I had one.)

I understand the impulse to want to be represented well, but the guy went to barbershops his friends and family frequented and sought opinions. For decades certain segments of the black population were not engaged in politics. There is always some criticism around our participation. So it bothers me to see a site full of (supposedly) black folks clown 1) an engaged Warren supporter trying to make our voices heard and 2) a black man with a humble business.

I'm just a woman tho, so what do I know? Carry on.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So this supposed barber shop from the Vice article is
Talk of the Town Barber Studio
@ 129 Burton Hill Rd Ste G, Beaufort, SC 29906

Then Warren's Beaufort office is located
@ 129 Burton Hill Road, Suite J, Beaufort, SC 29906

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Reading the Vice News story, I get this wasn't actually staged....

But WTF is up with the random ass wall decor?

All the Jordan/Jumpman logos and jerseys...a mfing "Pan" movie poster?

Part of me feels like the Campaign staffer told the shop owner "hey, we're going to do photo ops at your shop to talk about Warren. Spruce up the place..." and the barbershop owner just randomly threw shit on the walls.

Lolz I'd love for a SC BGOL head to go visit the shop in question....

Last edited:

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Reading the Vice News story, I get this wasn't actually staged....

But WTF is up with the random ass wall decor?

All the Jordan/Jumpman logos and jerseys...a mfing "Pan" movie poster?

Part of me feels like the Campaign staffer told the shop owner "hey, we're going to do photo ops at your shop to talk about Warren. Spruce up the place..." and the barbershop owner just randomly threw shit on the walls.

Lolz I'd love for a SC BGOL head to go visit the shop in question....
Bruh it's a strip mall, Warren's office and this shop are right next to each other, or she could just be occupying a bunch of the suites at the same location, who knows, I didn't dig that far.
Just never in my life see a barber in a dress shirt and tie, nor have I EVER seen a carpet in a barber shop or salon.

Anywho...
Her suite is at J, the shop is at G, same address.

Can see it here on Google Street Maps...

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
First of all, you aren't even using "sheep" in the correct context. Secondly, if you saw all this proof already why did you ask for it? Thirdly, how does any of that invalidate that this ISN'T sloppy ass staged pandering? Warren is doing just fine on her own. This clout chasing motherfucker is a liability.

sigh

Someone posts information without any proof and the entire thread takes their word on it. Posting comments as if their word was fact. YES sheep.

It nominally is supposed to indicate that the person being called a 'sheep' or 'sheeple' is docile, compliant, and easily influenced, basically mindlessly following the herd without thinking.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Last edited:

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
just stop. you are embarrassing yourself.

whenever trump’s term is up he will be forced to leave.

:lol: the fear of the white man has some of you losing their mind.
Interesting. My political predictions against yours. I win

Sit back and learn

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Just never in my life see a barber in a dress shirt and tie, nor have I EVER seen a carpet in a barber shop or salon.
Yeah, that shit threw me off as much as the couch, lack of mirrors and the random shit on the wall. Lolz

I hope the brother gets new clientele off this exposure...hopefully he doesn't get Ock'd by other barbershops in the area for the funny and questionable pictures.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

So wait a minute. The alleged barbershop that everyone is calling out hasn't even had facebook activity since 2015. They also didn't answer the phone in the according to the article that defends this as being real. :lol:

Did someone just use a closed business as a shell for a fake piece? I mean, I never, ever, ever, ever seen a black barbershop like that. Steve Urkel giving cuts out his dorm room could be a black barbershop.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So wait a minute. The alleged barbershop that everyone is calling out hasn't even had facebook activity since 2015. They also didn't answer the phone in the according to the article that defends this as being real. :lol:

Did someone just use a closed business as a shell for a fake piece? I mean, I never, ever, ever, ever seen a black barbershop like that. Steve Urkel giving cuts out his dorm room could be a black barbershop.
Yeah I saw the last FB post was 2015, but I didn't wanna keep adding more to the thread. I couldn't find an IG page and this is 2020.

I don't wanna piss anyone off, but addresses just shows something ain't kosher.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Yeah I saw the last FB post was 2015, but I didn't wanna keep adding more to the thread. I couldn't find an IG page and this is 2020.

Well, if folks going to come in here and preach gospel about the shit being real, why shouldn't their claims be vetted just like the OP?

Couldn't believe the article said they couldn't even get into contact with the barbershops and just used old online info to verify. FOH. This 2020 and you can't get into contact with a business owner via phone or social media? :cmonson:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Lmao by "anyone" , do you mean me? I hope not. I wouldn't be pissed at you, just disappointed the twitter guy was trying to get over on us. The things I've said would still be valid, even if staged.

I'm on my cell. Are you able to zoom in on the 4 pics in this tweet?

It looked like a mirror reflecting the fire extinguisher beside the chair and a certificate of some kind by the front door. There are also some barber supplies that I saw by the chair. It's a low end set up, but it didn't seem fake to me. My eye sight is horrible tho, and I can only zoom in so far.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Dude is a twitter blue check who's timeline is full of Warren cheerleading. What was I thinking not opening a full investigation on him before I posted something I thought was funny and suspect to BGOL?

Just thinking of all the havoc I must have caused on all the undecided BGOL voters has me full of regret.

:rolleyes:

His blue check is because of his own accomplishments, not because he works for Warren. This is the guy who helped raise all that money to send kids to see The Black Panther and Captain Marvel when they came out.

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
my family has owned a barbershop/ beautyshop and supply since the 50’s

shop looks fake as hell....HOWEVER, i could see an african cat having a shop like this for sure

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
His blue check is because of his own accomplishments, not because he works for Warren. This is the guy who helped raise all that money to send kids to see The Black Panther and Captain Marvel when they came out.

That's great. I never accused dude of being a bad person.

I just think that shop looks 1000% fugazi and obviously, I'm not the only one :dunno:

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Lmao by "anyone" , do you mean me? I hope not. I wouldn't be pissed at you, just disappointed the twitter guy was trying to get over on us. The things I've said would still be valid, even if staged.

I'm on my cell. Are you able to zoom in on the 4 pics in this tweet?

It looked like a mirror reflecting the fire extinguisher beside the chair and a certificate of some kind by the front door. There are also some barber supplies that I saw by the chair. It's a low end set up, but it didn't seem fake to me. My eye sight is horrible tho, and I can only zoom in so far.

No wasn't directed to you, you should know that.

Its just I don't mind doing a little hunting and just made me pry a little. The pics aren't small if you go to Twitter and look at them enlarged. You see Blu-ray discs also for sale from years ago. Nothing current.

And I'll just add, shops typically sell bootlegs, no upstanding hood shop selling real dvd's lol. But that's just me being funny

On the real, dude sitting in the chair don't even have the cloth draped over his pants legs. The way it's draped don't even look like he really getting a normal cut. But I observe too much in the scene.

The certificate by the door could of been left there if the biz is closed down. They haven't made a post in 5yrs on social media? You see the age of the barber? He ain't 75 and out of touch with social media.

Please....

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
sigh

Someone posts information without any proof and the entire thread takes their word on it. Posting comments as if their word was fact. YES sheep.

It nominally is supposed to indicate that the person being called a 'sheep' or 'sheeple' is docile, compliant, and easily influenced, basically mindlessly following the herd without thinking.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.
I'm not, but go off with ya Peter Roget azz.
If you're satisfied with this embarrassing, corny & reductive solicitation then by all means have all the Spiderman posters and brand-new-yet-somehow-wrinkled button-ups your heart desires.

robfmnola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That barber shop is either fake or no black men get their haircut there or bring their son's there. Black barber shops=black culture. It's like fucking black owned bbq and Jamaican restaurants. NOTHING about that shop is legit. Tf is wrong with people trying to make this BS shop look legit. And I fucks with Vice but fuck them too if they say this bs is legit. Fam this is a no brainer. And to my brothers who keep trying to convince these sheep that this is real...save your energy for a better argument.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Well, if folks going to come in here and preach gospel about the shit being real, why shouldn't their claims be vetted just like the OP?

Couldn't believe the article said they couldn't even get into contact with the barbershops and just used old online info to verify. FOH. This 2020 and you can't get into contact with a business owner via phone or social media? :cmonson:

Bruh. This shit is hilarious.

The fact they going so hard now to defend dude despite all the evidence in those pictures, and the things you and @Mixd pointed out.....because it's me who created the thread...

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
The Twitter replies are tearing up the holes.

They showed how all the disc's on the wall are just sleeves. They have a Smokey & The Bandit, Pan and that Peter Rabbit among all rest of flicks.

But let me ask the barbers on the board, those who know....

Notice how the neck is clipped.

Also notice where the anti-fatigue mat is placed? It would be put where you normally stand, opposed to the mirror so you can see what you're looking at for uniformity. No?

ERcLtZjVUAMuXJ7

No hair style posters on the walls
No price list on the walls?
No posters of "barber shop rules?"

Last edited: