Elizabeth Warren announces Presidential candidacy for 2020

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
You Bernie, far left cats need to realize one thing.

Republicans would ask, are you going to raise taxes for all these programs?

Bernie is on tape saying he would.

Campaign over. People are for all kinds of shit until you say you’re taking money out of their checks.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Campaign over. People are for all kinds of shit until you say you’re taking money out of their checks.

Them tax cuts though... People expecting a big return like in the past and gonna be heating in the next couple of months.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

I rode with Bernie during the primary. However once Billary won the nomination, I voted for her.

Although I liked Bernie, I was disappointed and disgusted with those remarks he made and am full on "Fuck Him" mode moving forward.

I'm supporting the progressive candidate but not the ultra far left.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I rode with Bernie during the primary. However once Billary won the nomination, I voted for her.

Although I liked Bernie, I was disappointed and disgusted with those remarks he made and am full on "Fuck Him" mode moving forward.

I'm supporting the progressive candidate but not the ultra far left.

I agree. I’m voting progressive all the way. But not far left. I don’t ever want to hear from Bill or Hilary again.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let’s see electing a corporate democrat vs electing a mobbed up Charlaton where it’s on record he committed conspiracy against the US gov?

Y’all cats gotta start doing better for real man

Dont get me wrong.. Im not saying that YO-YO in the office is the cure all.. If anything, trump winning and running this colony should be everyones wake-up call and should show everyone how outta whack this whole political system has become!!

Reactions: BDR

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She has no chance to get any footing in the race,this will be Biden at top and either Beto or Kamela Harris as VP. Anything other than this ticket will lose to Trump. You gotta have a older white male to go toe to toe with Trump for white voters in Pennsylvania,Ohio,Michigan,Wisconsin and Florida.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member

This kind of messaging is why I want to see a real leftie run. Republicans run on fantasy-land economics that fuck our whole economy up every single time.

Massive tax cuts for the ultra rich while spending like a whore with a drug problem (which will ostensibly trickle down to the masses like so much piss) is a clear and obviously demonstrable fail. We have clear data that these insane tax cuts for corps are generally siphoned off by monied interests via buy backs and stock dividends (with no magical wage increases or massive hiring as promised ever). The data is irrefutable.

Meanwhile, where are the Dems? They're usually pitching a lukewarm version of the same bullshit. Why not pitch Medicare for all at the very least? Or Single Payer like virtually every other "first world" country? Why not pitch a serious free education platform? So what if taxes go up? Where have low taxes gotten us ever?

It all comes down to messaging. It's an easy pitch for non millionaires. I think it's even an easy-ish pitch for millionaires and beyond given that a stronger middle class generally has a phenomenonal impact on the economy (which historically "lifts all boats"). Basically... why make the same bullshit pitch as Republicans?

Last edited:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This kind of messaging is why I want to see a real leftie run. Republicans run on fantasy-land economics that fuck our whole economy up every single time.

Massive tax cuts for the ultra rich while spending like a whore with a drug problem (which will ostensibly trickle down to the masses like so much piss) is a clear and obviously demonstrable fail. We have clear data that these insane tax cuts for corps are generally siphoned off by monied interests via buy backs and stock dividends (with no magical wage increases or massive hiring as promised ever). The data is irrefutable.

Meanwhile, where are the Dems? They're usually pitching a lukewarm version of the same bullshit. Why not pitch Medicare for all at the very least? Or Single Payer like virtually every other "first world" country? Why not pitch a serious free education platform? So what if taxes go up? Where have low taxes gotten us ever?

It all comes down to messaging. It's an easy pitch for non millionaires. I think it's even an easy-ish pitch for millionaires and beyond given that a stronger middle class generally has a phenomenonal impact on the economy (which historically "lifts all boats"). Basically... why make the same bullshit pitch as Republicans?

Well said!! Im with you, we need someone outside the circle to step up and be the PEOPLE'S CANDIDATE!! A peoples candidate would shack up the damn program.. But, a few years ago I remember hearing a interview with the head of the DNC Debbie W. Shultz and she said something that caught my attention.. They were interviewing her about Bernie filling the stadiums and she said "We(the dnc) have things in place that would stop any grassroot movement! I was shocked she even said that.. Anyway, your 100% right about the Democrats.. This may be way out there, but I think every copper color person in this country should withdraw from the Democratic Party and register Independent!! And make these democrats come to us and beg for our votes.. As of today, the DNC assumes they have our vote on lock and dont have to do anything for it but show up with sum entertainers or go to a church in the neighborhood and give us lip service!!

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

“So what if taxes go up?”

Tell that to people who can’t even make it now week to week. That their checks are going to be less. But trust us, it’s for your own good.

Try that in 2024. This election is too important to fuck it up by running on raising taxes.

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The centrist democrats really need to take on the Bernie-or-bust bust camp for their foolishness both in 2016 and today or this is gonna derail things in 2020 again

It’s become a personality cult not even ideological

He has been attacking centrist democrats with no consequences and now that’s become Ok

Hillary didn’t take on him because she knew she needed his supporters for the general election

But at this rate atsome point it’s gonna come to a head, and the sooner the fight is done the better

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
By Bernie people.

Bernie people are willing to burn this whole shit down for him.

They are just as cultish for him as Trump voters are for Trump.

I knew they were going to start attacking her as soon as she announced. These dumb fucks don't want anyone who isn't Bernie.

Fuck them, prepare for Trump 2020. :hmm:

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The funny thing is Bernie went far in 2016 because it was a two man race

He may not to as far if all these candidates run

Especially if Beto takes what I call the “personality -obsessed” Democrat’s who are mostly young White liberals

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Well said!! Im with you, we need someone outside the circle to step up and be the PEOPLE'S CANDIDATE!! A peoples candidate would shack up the damn program.. But, a few years ago I remember hearing a interview with the head of the DNC Debbie W. Shultz and she said something that caught my attention.. They were interviewing her about Bernie filling the stadiums and she said "We(the dnc) have things in place that would stop any grassroot movement! I was shocked she even said that.. Anyway, your 100% right about the Democrats.. This may be way out there, but I think every copper color person in this country should withdraw from the Democratic Party and register Independent!! And make these democrats come to us and beg for our votes.. As of today, the DNC assumes they have our vote on lock and dont have to do anything for it but show up with sum entertainers or go to a church in the neighborhood and give us lip service!!

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e-sanders-identity-politics-class-race-debate

“In October, when asked in a New Republic profile how uncomfortable he appeared talking about race, he answered, “OK, see, this is an issue I’m not really – what I don’t want to do is get into me.” When told that it wasn’t about him per se, Sanders said, “It’s a complicated answer. It’s a good question, but I prefer not to get into it right now.”

Though Sanders did make some efforts toward minority outreach eventually, it was too late and not good enough. After all this time, that reality has still failed to reach him.

In his Boston speech, he demonstrated this blind spot yet again, when a woman in the audience asked asked Sanders how she could become the second-ever Latina senator.

“It is not good enough for somebody to say, ‘I’m a woman, vote for me,’” Sanders explained. “No, that’s not good enough. What we need is a woman who has the guts to stand up to Wall Street, to the insurance companies, to the drug companies, to the fossil fuel industry. In other words, one of the struggles that you’re going to be seeing in the Democratic Party is whether we go beyond identity politics.”

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah if the democrats did not do any funny business and let Bernie win. His base would have came out and trump would have lost. Instead they put Hillary Clinton which is basically a corporate democrat and or republican lite. Nobody was excited

If the dems want to win in 2020 they need to have someone that is on the far left to rally the base. People are tired of the republican lite corporate democrats.

Just like how trump was on the far right. He was talking crazy shit but it rally the base and they were motivated to go out and vote. If the republicans hate put a moderate republican like bush or Cruz. They would have lost!

Democrats have to talk about free healthcare , debt free college, etc.. something to rally people.

Not the same old status quo shit

The base of the Democratic people is black and brown voters bruh

Which Bernie never had

And FYI 90% of Bernie supporters voted for Hillary in the election

Hilary lost because of
1) Comey
2) Russia meddling
3) Obama’s base (not Bernie’s) didn’t turnout as much as it did in 2008 and 2012

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One reason Beto’s campaign took off was when he openly supported NFL players kneeling

But Bernie doesn’t like touching such issues, calling them “identity politics”

He basically thinks it’s bad to speak against white supremacy because to him the democrats focused should only be on economics

That’s going to not work in the southern states he needs to win to win the race for nomination

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Republicans want our social security and they're using raw racism and the fear of tax hikes to get it. Corporate tax rate is at its lowest, the middle class will see a tax hike thanks to Republican tax cuts, there is what people say that Democrats will do and it's never the truth. If you vote Republican, you will see a major tax hike in the form of cuts and take aways. Corporations who have no loyalty to the country that made them rich will not. The takeaways aren't worth the rumored tax savings you'll never get
It’s a fact thought she wants tax hikes to help poor people. I don’t want my money going to racist poor trash

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
“So what if taxes go up?”

Tell that to people who can’t even make it now week to week. That their checks are going to be less. But trust us, it’s for your own good.

Try that in 2024. This election is too important to fuck it up by running on raising taxes.

Luckily the progressive tax system most serious leftists propose means an increase on the wealthiest (including corps) and a modest cut for middle and lower income earners.

But even acknowledging that most folks panic when they hear the dreaded "tax" word I think it's an opportunity for Dems to distinguish themselves as the adults in the room.

Which is it America? Do you want Health care without fearing banktrupcy, basic infrastructure improvements and stellar free education with a slight tax to pay for these goods or do you want fantasy-land promises of apple sauce, prosperity and unimaginable wealth with no sacrifice?

Dems basically have to message responsible and realistic outcomes. There's a huge percentage of non-voters who have checked out entirely bc Dems are competing to win the same Disney-Land, Peter Pan, No Responsibility or Realism crowd Republicans gun for.

Just my opinion as a disaffected voter. I'll vote Dem regardless bc the alternative is a goddamned nightmare but I get why folks are uninspired by the bullshit status quo.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Whoever runs can't just promise things with no plan on how to accomplish them. That works for the GOP, not us. Bernie swore up and down that he would bring universal health care but never could explain HOW he was going to make that a reality.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah I keep hearing what if my taxes go up? The republicans tax plan benefit there corporate donors. The GOP is just a front for the rich.

They said if they lower the corporate rate to 15% jobs will come back. Companies like Apple will bring jobs and manufacturing. Well Apple is leaving China and opening plants in India.

The GOP spends all our money on tax cuts for the rich and wars. But when it comes to healthcare and basic infrastructure. They become penny pinchers.

I’m telling you the democrats have to go to the far left. If they play that centrist bullshit like the past 20-30 years. Trump will win again!

People are tired of the politicians. That’s why trump won. He was considered a outsider but he is just a con man.

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I keep hearing what if my taxes go up? The republicans tax plan benefit there corporate donors. The GOP is just a front for the rich.

They said if they lower the corporate rate to 15% jobs will come back. Companies like Apple will bring jobs and manufacturing. Well Apple is leaving China and opening plants in India.

The GOP spends all our money on tax cuts for the rich and wars. But when it comes to healthcare and basic infrastructure. They become penny pinchers.

I’m telling you the democrats have to go to the far left. If they play that centrist bullshit like the past 20-30 years. Trump will win again!

People are tired of the politicians. That’s why trump won. He was considered a outsider but he is just a con man.

So when democrats reject a proposal that will result high taxes your rebuttal is “republicans do worse”
How is pointing at what the people they already reject your rebuttal
Democrats know that the GOP is fiscally irresponsible why we don’t support them

Your argument should be: this won’t result in higher taxes

Not saying BUT the republicans do it too

moufasa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fundamentally even though defeating Trump is key, for the nomination itself, I won’t be supporting anyone based on electability

I would support the candidate whose values and positions are aligned with my interests as a successful black American with kids

If Bernie wins the nomination of course I’ll vote for him but not during The primary

I won’t be supporting Warren during the nomination because the economic argument is not my focus

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Hmm,,, Okay!! So, what is her written plan for the copper color people of this colony?? If these corporate democrats want our support and backing, its time for them to give us a written 4yr plan?? The days of lip service are fucking over!!

Submit your plan. I'll watch as black folk submit 5,000 different plans in return.

streetdreamer

Support BGOL
Registered

The dems will self destruct

Every name put forward gets slammed

This is bullshit by a Hillary supporter. She's got dozens of them camped out in all media outlets. Nothing wrong with what she did or didn't do except for her failure to call out the election fraud Hillary was engaged in. The entire Democratic candidates stepped aside so Hillary could run except for Bernie and She ruined it. As far as Trump winning, I believe it will result in a better outcome for Dems than if Hillary would've won the election. We just gotta hope Ginsberg holds on to life for a little while longer.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
tenor.gif
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
kNgqpI.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Warren ended her campaign with that Native American reveal fail.

Trump would Pocahantas her to death.
Nah, that would make Trump look even worse than he already does. But he won't be able to help himself. He'll probably call her a bitch during the debabtes. Which would be in Warren's favor.

qE2kF6.jpg

streetdreamer

Support BGOL
Registered
It’s a fact thought she wants tax hikes to help poor people. I don’t want my money going to racist poor trash
Dude, I can't begin to recognize your concern as being valid. Corporate structure keeps us oppressed. The game-plan isn't to save an extra $114 a month or whatever, it's to stop the gerrymandering, national healthcare to stop the skyrocketing premiums, protect Social Security because when it's out of money we are the ones that gets fucked because they're not going to borrow to pay it off. That 58yr old toothless white-man living in a shack molesting his 9yr niece can't do shit to you. But without oversight of law enforcement, they will continue to violate your civil rights. Fix infrastructure, reduce dependency on fossil fuels, holy shit dude, there is a litany of issues that will save you money in the long run that your shortsighted opinion is trying to ignore.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Men ain’t going to vote for an unattractive woman in enough numbers for her to win anything. Just the way we are wired

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Dude, I can't begin to recognize your concern as being valid. Corporate structure keeps us oppressed. The game-plan isn't to save an extra $114 a month or whatever, it's to stop the gerrymandering, national healthcare to stop the skyrocketing premiums, protect Social Security because when it's out of money we are the ones that gets fucked because they're not going to borrow to pay it off. That 58yr old toothless white-man living in a shack molesting his 9yr niece can't do shit to you. But without oversight of law enforcement, they will continue to violate your civil rights. Fix infrastructure, reduce dependency on fossil fuels, holy shit dude, there is a litany of issues that will save you money in the long run that your shortsighted opinion is trying to ignore.
39% of my income goes to taxes they can suck my dick!!!!!!