Daunte Wright Police Kill Another Unarmed Man In Minneapolis (Story Developing)

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea man, that's that UNNECESSARY bullshit. Fuck her splainin' tour

And speaking of which, challennnnnnnnge...

Judge who hugged former Dallas cop Amber Guyger draws challenger for re-election
Dallas lawyer Bree West said Tammy Kemp deserves to be un-seated after her roles in two high profile cases.

3QTEPGYFSVHYXBDAQOIPGZ7KOM.jpg

204th State District Judge Tammy Kemp, who oversaw the Amber Guyger trial, will be challenged by Dallas-based lawyer Bree West.(Staff)

By Krista M. Torralva
6:00 AM on Dec 21, 2021 CST

The judge who hugged former Dallas cop and convicted murderer Amber Guyger drew a challenger in the March primary.
Tammy Kemp is seeking her third term as judge of the 204th State District Court. She was a prosecutor under former Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins.

Well-known attorney Bree West, whose father-in-law is longtime State Sen. Royce West, is challenging Kemp in the Democratic primary.
This judge hears felony criminal cases at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in Dallas. The race will come down to the Democratic primary election March 1. There are no Republican challengers for this race.

Kemp, who did not respond to interview requests, became well known during the 2019 murder trial of former Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger, who fatally shot Botham Jean — a Black man — in his own apartment, which she said she believed was hers. Jurors convicted Guyger, who is white, and sentenced her to 10 years in prison.
After the trial, Kemp gave Guyger a Bible and a hug. Her actions took place outside the presence of the jury but were captured on TV cameras and broadcast around the world. Some praised Kemp for showing mercy and compassion. But others said the behavior from a judge, who is supposed to remain impartial, was unethical. Jean’s younger brother, Brandt Jean, also hugged Guyger after the trial and said he forgave her.

Judge Tammy Kemp gives Amber Guyger a hug after the former officer is sentenced to 10 years in prison. Kemp said in an interview right after the trial that she gave the hug at Guyger's request.(Tom Fox / Staff Photographer)
That hug is one of the reasons West is running against Kemp.
“It is beyond inappropriate for a judge that presides over a murder trial — in the beginning, in the middle, in the end, when it’s over, whenever — to step off of their bench and physically hug a person that’s just been convicted of murder,” West said.
Kemp defended her actions in interviews shortly after the trial, saying it’s not uncommon for her to speak with people after they’ve been convicted to encourage them. Never before had one of those people asked for a hug, she said. Guyger did.

“And I thought, well, how can I not hug this woman?” Kemp said after the trial. “So when she asked the second time, I said yes.”

West said she decided to run after Kemp’s involvement in another high-profile case. Dallas police fired and arrested one of their own, Bryan Riser, on suspicion of ordering multiple killings. A judge later ordered Riser’s release from jail after deciding police did not have sufficient evidence to hold him.

In a hearing, Dallas police Detective Esteban Montenegro admitted to putting false information in an affidavit for Riser’s arrest, which Kemp signed. Montenegro wrote that cellphone data placed Riser in or around the area of the killings. But the cellphone data did not put Riser in the area when the killings occurred and Montenegro testified he erred in writing that it did. Montenegro later removed that information from the affidavit and went back to have Kemp sign the new affidavit. In the court hearing, defense attorney Toby Shook asked Montenegro what Kemp said when he told her about the changes in the affidavit.

“She basically said, ‘It’s OK. It’s an error,’” Montenegro testified.

West argues that Kemp should have been more critical of the detective. She believes Kemp has shown bias toward law enforcement.

“I think that if you have somebody that’s willing to rubber-stamp arrest warrants … without any check and balance, we as a community all need to be concerned about that,” West said.

Prosecutors have not presented Riser’s case to a grand jury and said during the hearing that they did not intend to unless more evidence was discovered to prove the charge.

West, who was a prosecutor for seven years and has spent the last five years as a defense lawyer, argues she can “bring balance to the bench.”

“I understand the system from both sides. I think that that makes it so that I can see the holes and can be really committed to trying to fix them,” West said.

The deadline to register to vote is Jan. 31.
87350487-94dc-4f89-82bc-e3e800482562.png

Krista M. Torralva, Staff writer. Krista Torralva first joined The Dallas Morning News as an intern on the business desk in 2013. She returned to The Morning News in 2021 as a reporter covering primarily Dallas County criminal courts. Krista graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington with a major in journalism and a minor in criminal justice.

krista.torralva@dallasnews.com @KMTorralva

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
That fucking slant eye Hong King phooey whore of a judge gave that murdering Cracker pig 2 fucking years for murdering a black man. I hope Dr truth finds that Chinky bitch, fucks her racist brains out, farts in her face then throws her off a very high roof. How the fuck she value a blackman's life at just 2 years? Fucking cracker loving devils.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Other notable sentences she's given in the past.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
She got 24 months and I’m sure she’ll be out in a year on probation but I’m sure Biden and Harris will intervene and make sure she gets life. This is after he sends out checks to the LGBT.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yes yes.... because the POTUS and VP generally step in on state murder trials

She got 24 months and I’m sure she’ll be out in a year on probation but I’m sure Biden and Harris will intervene and make sure she gets life. This is after he sends out checks to the LGBT.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
During her explanation, before giving the actual sentence, she said multiple times how what Potter did wasn't as "serious" as what Chauvin did was (I think she referenced Chauvin at this point). That part to me was even more fucked up than going below sentencing guidelines. Like, ...how you gonna tell Daunte's family that his killing was literally less serious than someone elses killing?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
If the prosecution went for Murder, she definitely would have been acquitted and returned to work.

With manslaughter, she has a felony on her record, so no way can she get a job as a cop anywhere in the US. Along with not being able to legally purchase or possess a firearm.

Giving these cops manslaughter charges might become the norm in future police killings.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
$3.2M settlement reached in police killing of Daunte Wright
A suburban Minneapolis city has agreed to pay $3.2 million to the family of Daunte Wright, a Black man who was fatally shot by a police officer who said she confused her gun for her Taser

BROOKLYN CENTER, Minn. -- A suburban Minneapolis city has agreed to pay $3.2 million to the family of Daunte Wright, a Black man who was fatally shot by a police officer who said she confused her gun for her Taser.

The tentative settlement also includes changes in police policies and training involving traffic stops like the one that resulted in Wright's death, according to a statement Tuesday night from attorneys representing Wright's family.

Wright was shot once in the chest by Brooklyn Center Officer Kim Potter, who is white, after the 20-year-old was stopped for expired registration tags in April 2021. The former officer was subsequently convicted of first- and second-degree manslaughter and was sentenced to two years in prison.

Potter is heard on video yelling “Taser” several times just before she fires her pistol.

Wright’s family members “hope and believe the measures of change to policing, policies and training will create important improvements to the community in Daunte’s name,” said co-counsel Antonio M. Romanucci. “Nothing can bring him back, but the family hopes his legacy is a positive one and prevents any other family from enduring the type of grief they will live with for the rest of their lives.”

The Associated Press left a message Wednesday seeking comment from the mayor’s office.

The shooting happened at a time of high tension in the area, with former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, who is white, standing trial just miles away for the killing of George Floyd, who was Black. Floyd's May 2020 death prompted a reckoning over police brutality and discrimination involving people of color.

The fallout from Wright’s death led the Brooklyn Center City Council to pass a series of reforms, including the use of social workers and other trained professionals to respond to medical, mental health and social-needs calls that don’t require police.

The changes also prohibit police from making arrests for low-level offenses and require the city to use unarmed civilians to handle minor traffic violations.

The settlement is one of the largest involving police conduct Minnesota. Last year, the city of Minneapolis agreed to pay $27 million to Floyd's family.

Minneapolis previously paid $20 million to the family of Justine Ruszczyk Damond, after she called 911 to report a suspected assault behind her home in July 2017 and was fatally shot by Mohamed Noor, one of the officers who responded to her call. Noor is Somali American and Damond was white.

$3.2M settlement reached in police killing of Daunte Wright - ABC News

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member