Drake to Executive Produce New HBO Series ‘Euphoria’

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
cqyviJm.png

Drake will return to television – as a producer – with a new HBO series titled Euphoria.

Both the rapper, who got his start in show business on the Canadian teen drama Degrassi: The Next Generation, and his manager Future the Prince will serve as executive producer on Euphoria, an adaptation of the Isreali series of the same name.

Like Degrassi, Euphoria will “follow a group of high school students as they navigate drugs, sex, identity, trauma, social media, love and friendship,” Variety reports. Zendaya stars in the series as Rue, with Mauda Apatow, Eric Dane, Brian “Astro” Bradley and Angus Cloud also in the cast. Sam Levinson will write the entire first season, which HBO picked up in March before announcing the addition of Drake’s services Monday. The rapper also revealed his involvement on Twitter.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Boy

Top Boy is a British television crime drama series, written and created by Ronan Bennett and directed by Yann Demange and Jonathan van Tulleken, first broadcast on 31 October 2011 on Channel 4. Set on the fictional Summerhouse housing estate in Hackney, East London, the series follows the lives of a group of people involved in drug dealing and street gangs. Ashley Walters and Kane Robinson serve as lead actors for the project.

The first series was broadcast over four consecutive nights, from 31 October to 3 November 2011. A DVD of the first series was issued on 22 July 2013.[2] A second series began airing on 20 August 2013.[3] A DVD release of the second series followed on 16 September 2013.[4] Although storylines for a third series were proposed, the series was dropped by Channel 4 in 2014.[5] In January 2014, Audience Network began broadcasting the first season on DirecTV in the United States.

In November 2017, it was announced that following interest from Canadian rapper Drake, Netflix had revived the series, ordering a third series of ten episodes with both Ashley Walters and Kane Robinson reprising their roles.[1] In addition, creator Ronan Bennett will return to script all ten episodes, the original creative team will return, and Drake, Adel Nur, Maverick Carter, and Jamal Henderson will all join the series as executive producers.[6] The third series will premiere on Netflix globally in 2019.[1]

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Heard Astro left because it was some gay shit in it

To be replaced by fake Ralph Tresvant to do the gay shit

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I'm gonna check out the first episode but I've heard that it's very graphic and I'm not sure if that's necessary.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Graphic in what way exactly?

From what I've read there is a lot nudity, I saw two topless girls in the first episode, there was also some male nudity in the form of a dick pic, also I've read that show will be pushing boundaries with regards to it's sex scenes, while I know that there will be no penetration, people have said that it will push many boundaries with regards to it's depiction of sex. which IMO seems a bit strange when you have shows like Power and others that saw a drastic reduction of nudity. I think the previous season of Power had only a few nude scenes and they were done by background characters and this is a show where Lela Loren was routinely fully nude and Naturi Naughton had no problem getting her titties on camera.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm gonna check out the first episode but I've heard that it's very graphic and I'm not sure if that's necessary.

ITS graphic but no different then Kids.

I do feel weird cause Judd apatows daughter is in this and shows her titties in one scene. I still remember her as the little kid from Knocked up.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
ITS graphic but no different then Kids.

I do feel weird cause Judd apatows daughter is in this and shows her titties in one scene. I still remember her as the little kid from Knocked up.

I've never seen Kids, although I might check it out..

I still say that it's a bit strange to see a show almost promote it's graphic nudity and sex when we live in the #timesup, #metoo era and shows have things like "intimacy coordinators" on set.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I've never seen Kids, although I might check it out..

I still say that it's a bit strange to see a show almost promote it's graphic nudity and sex when we live in the #timesup, #metoo era and shows have things like "intimacy coordinators" on set.

Hold up...

You have have never seen KIDS...

My man.. go to the Movie section...

I got you.

I remember sneaking into the movies to watch this shit.. Cause it was NC-17.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So hold up, this is another gay, LGBTQRSTUV, pushing agenda on our kids type show, to think it's OK.

I had to do a double take at that Jules character when "she" put on her clothes to go out to meet dude. I said ok, she had on some baggy draws. Then dude fucked her. So he Eric Dane, did a sex scene with a tranny. Then she/he at the end scene laying on the bed with Rue, I saw the panty again and was like hold up, that's a bulge?

I just looked up the actor, it's a dude. Smfh

OK, otherwise, back to the show in itself, I get the genre it's appealing to, but also get the parents outrage. I'm not sure how glorifying a drug addict and her struggles as a teen is going to do anything but objectify the character Rue. Teens will see this as "my parents don't get me" and just continue to rebel.

Curious to see how Hollywood is going to embrace this with awards and what not continuing with an agenda to push this narrative as being "the norm".

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Shits real life . That’s the closest you can get to a real high school movie. Kids was the city version this is the suburban version but the scenarios are mad real. I’m comfortable with my sexuality so the tranny shit ain’t a big deal. Y’all niggas are weird , it’s a character.

Zendyahas acting is great.