DJ Jazzy Jeff Explores New Tech That May Change The Culture

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Change the culture? Eh.

Most DJs (and clubs/bars/lounges) in major cities have already switched over to CDJs/controllers.

But I wouldn't want to be Orofon or any other needle/stylus makers. They about to be Blockbustered if they don't create similar tech in the next 24 months.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Not sure if this missed a "phase" in technology but none of the DJ's I know, and I know quite a lot, even use a turntable or have used a record in years.

They all have everything on a laptop and use controller boards.

Maybe a few old school DJ's may get this as something to use at home to hold onto the feel of turntables. But when they go to clubs, they just carry a laptop and it's all they need. Clubs only use controllers. Or DJ's will mix right in their laptop, unless you want the scratch effect I guess.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Change the culture? Eh.

Most DJs (and clubs/bars/lounges) in major cities have already switched over to CDJs/controllers.

But I wouldn't want to be Orofon or any other needle/stylus makers. They about to be Blockbustered if they don't create similar tech in the next 24 months.

DJ's have, but turntablists haven't.

This is going to be a godsend for DJs that tour with other rappers or make their own music.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Dizzam...how much is it? And Jeff you ain't fooling nobody bruh. You dying your beard lol

edit. I knew an 'oldschool' real DJ and it took about and hour and half to set his shit up lol but when he did MF was Jammin. Crates of vinyl and shit. Bo, you the man. He losing his eyesight now. Diabetes. Good dude too

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Twelve-large.jpg.auto.webp

750-Twelve_detail1.jpg.auto.webp

750-Twelve_detail5.jpg.auto.webp

750-Twelve_detail2.jpg.auto.webp

https://serato.com/dj/hardware/rane-twelve

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Came back in here....man am I the only mofo who want to try this thing out....shit...i still got it....Look at DJ (the fuck ever) Khalid:hmm: