Disney Sweetens Offer for Fox to $71 Billion, Outbiding Comcast

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Walt Disney Co. raised its offer for 21st Century Fox Inc.’s entertainment assets to $71.3 billion, outbidding Comcast Corp. in a battle for one of the media industry’s biggest prizes.

The $38-a-share price is about $10 a share higher than what Disney proposed in December -- and $3 above Comcast’s bid from last week. Fox has accepted the offer, saying it provides more flexibility and other enhancements than the $65 billion Comcast deal. Still, the opportunity remains for the cable giant to return with sweetened terms.

At stake is a trove of media properties, ranging from “The Simpsons” to “X-Men,” that may help fend off the threat from Netflix Inc. and other streaming upstarts. Both Disney and Comcast are looking to use the Fox assets to bolster their content and expand overseas.

-1x-1.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tened-bid-from-disney-dealing-blow-to-comcast

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
If Disney pulls this off I'll become a Disney fan for life. With Disney as the parent company to FOX they will have to change their broadcasting practices.

This should be very interesting because if another company jumps into this mix bank on being another right wing company.

I have a feeling Trump or the republicans will try and derail this purchase.

Last edited:

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If Disney pulls this off I'll become a Disney fan for life. With Disney as the parent company to FOX they will have to change their broadcasting practices.

This should be very interesting because if another company jumps into this mix bank on being another right wing company.

You know this deal doesn't include Fox News...

Old Fox becomes "New Fox" and they keep their News division, Sport contracts (NFL, Nascar, WWE, UFC...), FS1 andand Regio Sports channels...

They actually doubled down on their demographic...

Right Wing Cac heaven...

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Trump wanted to stop ATT from acquiring TimeWarner.

It came out that ATT had dropped big money into Trumps campaign and foundation.

Right after that news broke....ATT acquired TimeWarner.

Good chance Disney dropped some change into Trumps campaign or foundation.

Trump is all about “Pay To Play”.

Trump has a price.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Disney needs to get it and bring the rest of Marvel home...

can u imagine...? finally a descent Fantastic four movie...lol

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Disney needs to get it and bring the rest of Marvel home...

can u imagine...? finally a descent Fantastic four movie...lol

The Fantastic Four and Superman both suffered from the same problem, a lack of creative writing. There's been 5 Superman movies and in every movie Lex Luther was a part of that movie. Where's the creativity, where's all the those villains that appeared in the comics?

Yeah new leadership will be welcome.

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Fantastic Four and Superman both suffered from the same problem, a lack of creative writing. There's been 5 Superman movies and in every movie Lex Luther was a part of that movie. Where's the creativity, where's all the those villains that appeared in the comics?

Yeah new leadership will be welcome.

The same thing can be said about the XMEN, Magneto and Mystique is in every movie and ends up being the villain in it. Every single movie they are in it in some form.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
The same thing can be said about the XMEN, Magneto and Mystique is in every movie and ends up being the villain in it. Every single movie they are in it in some form.

The problem is with DC Lex Luther in some ways is a bigger character. Another problem is Lex Luther gotten to be monotonousness. The old black and white TV series showed more creativity. Even the DC animation series runs circles around Superman. Then DC keeps trying to make Lex likeable. The fix is easy, let the Superman series grow up like they did with Batman.

Superman needs more interesting foes. Why not have an invasion force from Dark Seid? Have Dark Sied team up with Brainiac. Hell you can get a couple of movies out of that combo. Where's DC's creativity? It's the lack of vision that's led to Marvel running roughshod over DC year after year after year.

With Marvel there's so many characters in each movie I never see Magneto and Mystique as a problem. Besides the X-Men movies are about the mutants and their struggles. I actually expect to see them in all the movies.