TV Discussion: Superman & Lois (CW & HBO MAX) CANCELED! ARROWVERSE IS DONE!

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
'Superman & Lois' Goes on Hiatus — Find Out What CW Show Will Take Its Slot

BY CARLY LANE
PUBLISHED 20 HOURS AGO

Superman's cousin is officially flying in to his rescue.

Since its debut on The CW, Superman & Lois has been an undeniable ratings success, clocking in a record number of viewers in the week following its pilot's original February 23 air and eventually becoming the most-streamed show in the network's history. However, per a report from Deadline, a recent positive COVID-19 test had previously temporarily delayed production on the superhero series during filming, which is now impacting its position on The CW's release schedule and will require a little shuffling around in order to fill the gap until the show can catch up to future airdates. Luckily, there's another super-show flying in early to handle the situation.

Prior to this reporting, Superman & Lois had already been renewed for season 2 after its pilot drop, news which was confirmed via the show's official Twitter account. Since then, the series revolving around Superman (Tyler Hoechlin), Lois Lane (Bitsie Tulloch) and their sons Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) and Jordan Kent (Alexander Garfin) has only continued to grow its viewership numbers. Due to the production shutdown, however, Superman & Lois will pause after airing its fifth episode on March 23, at which point Supergirl will kick off the beginning of its sixth and final season on March 30 in the same timeslot.

However, it looks like this plan is only a temporary save; Superman & Lois will only be on hiatus for two months, returning to finish up its freshman season on May 18. Then, it'll be Supergirl that goes on pause until the summer, when the remainder of its season featuring Melissa Benoist will conclude.

This isn't the first time the shows have been forced to do some rearranging. When The CW's release schedule was first announced, Supergirl was notably left off the list; it was revealed that this was in part due to Benoist's maternity leave, which pushed back the show's production timeline to accommodate their lead. But given that we already know this will be the last season featuring the Girl of Steel, it seems kind of fitting that she'll be temporarily stepping in for the assist with her Kryptonian cousin one final time.

Superman & Lois will continue airing until March 23, followed by Supergirl in its original timeslot beginning March 30 and then airing through May 11. Then it'll be a return to S&L on May 18. We'll keep you posted on any further updates as we receive news.

57fbc6714046dd87068b4997

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Supergirl To Temporarily Replace Superman & Lois On CW Schedule Due To Pause Caused By COVID-19
By RUSS BURLINGAME - March 5, 2021 05:40 pm EST

The CW announced today that Superman & Lois will take a hiatus after its fifth episode airs at the end of the month, clearing a path for Supergirl to have its final season premiere while Superman & Lois's post-production team catches up following a COVID-19-related shutdown production had earlier in the production schedule. Superman & Lois will air "The Best of Smallville" on March 23, then take a break until May 18, when it will return to complete its first season. Supergirl will debut its sixth and final season on March 30 at 9 p.m., taking Superman & Lois's timeslot after The Flash.

As a result of the scheduling shuffling, The CW will release a People magazine-produced mini-documentary about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on March 25. Earlier this week, some fans noticed that Supergirl's final season wasn't listed when The CW released their spring 2021 premiere dates.

In Superman & Lois, after years of facing megalomaniacal supervillains, monsters wreaking havoc on Metropolis, and alien invaders intent on wiping out the human race, the world’s most famous superhero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent (Tyler Hoechlin, Teen Wolf) and comic books’ most famous journalist, Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch, Grimm), come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever - dealing with all the stress, pressures, and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

Complicating the already daunting job of raising two boys, Clark and Lois must also concern themselves with whether or not their sons Jonathan (Jordan Elsass, Little Fires Everywhere) and Jordan (Alexander Garfin, The Peanuts Movie) could inherit their father’s Kryptonian superpowers as they grow older. Returning to Smallville to handle some Kent family business, Clark and Lois are reacquainted with Lana Lang (Emmanuelle Chriqui, Entourage), a local loan officer who also happens to be Clark’s first love, and her Fire Chief husband, Kyle Cushing (Erik Valdez, Graceland). The adults aren’t the only ones rediscovering old friendships in Smallville as the Kent sons are reacquainted with Lana and Kyle’s rebellious daughter, Sarah (Inde Navarrette, Wander Darkly). Of course, there’s never a dull moment in the life of a superhero, especially with Lois’ father, General Samuel Lane (Dylan Walsh, Nip/Tuck), looking for Superman to vanquish a villain or save the day at a moment’s notice.

READ MORENew Xbox Browser ReportedlySupports Stadia

SKIP AD

2COMMENTS
Meanwhile, Superman and Lois’ return to idyllic Smallville is set to be upended when a mysterious stranger (Wolé Parks, All American) enters their lives. Based on the characters from DC created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Superman & Lois is written and executive produced by Todd Helbing (The Flash) and executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns. The series is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Superman & Lois airs at Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT, following episodes of The Flash on The CW.

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that one fam? I STILL don't get.

Cause they weren't that expensive to begin with both had solid ratings and social media following.
There's definitely more to that story.. I think something must have occurred between China and the guy who plays Black Lightning. With that emotional message she made about quitting the acting industry last year and the fact that this season they weren't shooting any scenes together. Definitely feels like something went down. I'm wondering if with covid and China's busy schedule acting in multiple shows, if that caused a rift in the filming of Black Lightning and turned into something bigger. They used to be pretty close but no photos or nothing of them two together or in the same room since.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There's definitely more to that story.. I think something must have occurred between China and the guy who plays Black Lightning. With that emotional message she made about quitting the acting industry last year and the fact that this season they weren't shooting any scenes together. Definitely feels like something went down. I'm wondering if with covid and China's busy schedule acting in multiple shows, if that caused a rift in the filming of Black Lightning and turned into something bigger. They used to be pretty close but no photos or nothing of them two together or in the same room since.

I hear you and more and more it seems likely

but I am REALLY trying to not even put that energy out there cause I hope its not true so much.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If my father told me he was Superman I would think oh he missed my game cause he was saving a plane from crashing across the world. Not oh thats why you missed my game cause you were saving someone else. These whining ass kids I expected Lois to be the annoying one but she actually makes sense so far.

Oh and why is Jor El an asshole. He wasnt even happy he had a grandkid. Why did you bring him here. Haha.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
If my father told me he was Superman I would think oh he missed my game cause he was saving a plane from crashing across the world. Not oh thats why you missed my game cause you were saving someone else. These whining ass kids I expected Lois to be the annoying one but she actually makes sense so far.

Oh and why is Jor El an asshole. He wasnt even happy he had a grandkid. Why did you bring him here. Haha.
yeah this forced drama is tiring and lazy

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah this forced drama is tiring and lazy
No doubt if it was called the Kents I could understand the kids focus. But Lois and Superman should be driving the show. The kids storyline should be background maybe 7 minutes each episode. Cause right now its Smallville when Clark played football and had a crush on a girl where he was in the friendzone.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
No doubt if it was called the Kents I could understand the kids focus. But Lois and Superman should be driving the show. The kids storyline should be background maybe 7 minutes each episode. Cause right now its Smallville when Clark played football and had a crush on a girl where he was in the friendzone.

I said the same thing. This entire ep was the angsty teenage shit. Zero Luthor. Zero Sam Lane.

You have a Superman show and superhero shit is secondary? Nope.

And I'm completely uninterested in Lois Lane working for a new paper and uncovering a Morgan Edge scoop.

I want to like this show but if every week is going to be teenagers yelling at their parents, then I pass.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I know right :smh: ?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I watched the last two episodes this afternoon.

Series is moving along nicely.

Jordan has joined the football team and is slowly getting out of his shell. He is using his strength but keeping it under control.

Jordan at the teen party when he used his heat vision, activated the meta powers in the asian kid who was the QB. Dude lost control of his powers and went into a seizure and Superman rescued him. General Lane took him and he is under supervision. We also learned their is a classified school some where for children with meta-powers. Not sure, but this reveal might be leading into a Teen Titans series in the future on the level of the X-Men.

Lois crazy ass trying to get herself killed. That cat Morgan has employed Meta's and one of them put a ass whooping on Superman. And we found out what Morgan's grand scheme is which will be interesting.

Looking into the show and David Ramsey will cameo this season playing his CW character John Diggle. He is scheduled to cameo in all the CW shows this season.

It's looking for sure they bringing in Green Lantern.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The series is a slow burn right now but has potential to blow up after the first season.

They are mainly on character development right now with the characters other than Superman/Clark Kent.

Agents of SHIELD was going nowhere in its first season. When season 2 debuted and they continued the HYDRA storyline from “Captain America:Winter Soldier”, the series did a 180 and kept it in high gear until the series finale.

This series is looking to do the same after they get the supporting characters stories done.

This is not a week by week type of series to watch, it plays out better allowing a couple of episodes to stack up, or just wait until the season is done and binge it. I have been letting 2 episodes stack up at a time to watch and it plays out better.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
David Ramsey is returning to the Arrowverse as both John Diggle and director

By Chancellor Agard December 01, 2020 at 01:14 PM EST

We definitely haven't seen the last of David Ramsey, or his on-screen Arrow persona John Diggle, in the Arrowverse: EW has confirmed that Ramsey is returning to the CW's shared superhero universe in 2021, juggling multiple commitments across the several of the shows.

First off, Ramsey will guest-star in five episodes in the Arrowverse. He's set to reprise the role of Diggle on Superman & Lois, Supergirl, The Flash, and Batwoman. When we last checked in with Diggle in the Arrow series finale, he was in the process of moving to Metropolis when he discovered a bright green object at meteor crash site, which was a nod to the prevailing fan theory that he was destined to become a Green Lantern (He later appeared in The Flash's first post-Crisis on Infinite Earths episode, "Marathon").

Ramsey will also appear on DC's Legends of Tomorrow; however, his role is currently being kept under wraps. Knowing Legends, it's probably safe to assume it'll be something very, well, Legends.

On top of all of that, though, the 49-year-old actor will also direct five episodes in the Arrowverse, including Superman & Lois and Supergirl. Ramsey made his directorial debut with the Arrow season 7 episode "Past Sins" and went on to helm season 8's "Reset," an emotional time-loop hour that was one of the best episodes of the final season (see EW's ranking of every Arrow episode).

"I remain in awe of the imprint these shows have had on television and I've been blessed for the better part of a decade to be a part of them both in front of and behind the camera," said Ramsey in a statement obtained by EW. "To say I'm excited beyond belief to return to the Berlantiverse would be an understatement. I can't wait to continue telling these stories."

It's not entirely surprising that Ramsey is returning to the Arrowverse, given what co-creator Marc Guggenheim told reporters at a screening of Arrow's series finale last January. "David and I have actually talked a lot about Diggle’s and David’s post Arrow future. We’ve got some really good ideas, and I’m going to stand pat on that," said Guggenheim. "I will also say David has become a remarkable director, so we’re as interested in him behind the cameras as we are in front."

Deadline was the first to break the news.

The CW's Arrowverse shows return with new episodes in 2021, starting with Batwoman on Jan. 17, followed by Black Lightning on Feb. 8, and The Flash and Superman & Lois on Feb. 23. Supergirl and DC's Legends of Tomorrow are being held for midseason.

arrow-series-finale-green-lantern.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
WOW! Lois must have DA FIRE!

Looks like Lois went Blacked.com on the other Earth.

I know those MAGA InCell clowns lost their mind when they saw that scene.

HaHa!!!

Good episode with the flashbacks of Clark as a teenager dealing with Ma Kent. Gave some insight on his behavior with his two sons.

The series returns May 18th, 2021 after Supergirl.

Last edited: