Discussion: Marvel Black Widow drops in Theaters & Disney + (Fonzi Approved) UPDATE: Scarlett Johansson & Disney PEACE Settlement!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kevin Feige Says Marvel Is 'Creatively and Emotionally Committing' to Make a Black Widow Movie

05-black-widow-avengers.w529.h529.jpg

Kevin Feige and the Marvel Cinematic Merchandise-Manufacturing Machine are really, truly committed to making more movies. One of those movies — which will enter production sometime after 2019, after nine other Marvel movies are released to what will almost certainly be record-breaking box office profits — might star Black Widow. In an interview with Deadline, Feige expounded on the long-churning controversy over the lack of a Black Widow movie:

DEADLINE: You’ve got a bunch of characters in this movie from Falcon and War Machine and Black Widow and Hawkeye, who have so far guest starred in movies with another characters title above the fold. Is there one destined to get a solo movie down the line?
FEIGE: We’ve announced the next nine movies, 10 counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow.

DEADLINE: Why?
FEIGE: We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a stand-alone franchise.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
They need to make a Hawkeye and Black Widow film, as I can't see Black Widow carry an entire film herself. She isn't all that interesting. Neither is Hawkeye honestly, but between the two it could be a decent spy thriller.
Yeah she can. There's alot to do with her too. Her early beginnings. Her training. Her current status. Falling from the hellicarrier. A spy mission gone wrong. How she may not really care for the people she saves.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They need to make a Hawkeye and Black Widow film, as I can't see Black Widow carry an entire film herself. She isn't all that interesting. Neither is Hawkeye honestly, but between the two it could be a decent spy thriller.

Throw Falcon in there. At this point those guys at Disney/Marvel are striking while the Iron is Hot

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

after how they used them so perfectly in Civil War I completely agree.

But if you saw SALT with Jolie...you can most definitely do a solo flick...

her comic backstory is extensive and VERY cinematic (and was essentially already done on TV in the outstanding Peggy Carter series )

Hawkeye too as long as the villains are used properly in the the circus of crime....

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Never worry, she may be the "star" but Marvel always throws in a grip of other mfkrs. Nothing wrong with SJ (she don't like scarjo) in a catsuit. And I imagine as a spy in some clingy low cut shit. At this point can we even question Marvel? I mean I keep going back to Antman. Whoda thought? And Evangeline Lily has her own catsuit.

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
i stand corrected...

R
:lol: Real talk tho. Her story might be the perfect one to do an adult Marvel story. Graphic, violent, sexual, unrelenting...but also showing real character growth and development. Maybe even finally get the "Hulk Smash" joke on screen that we been dyin to see. :giggle:

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
after how they used them so perfectly in Civil War I completely agree.

But if you saw SALT with Jolie...you can most definitely do a solo flick...

her comic backstory is extensive and VERY cinematic (and was essentially already done on TV in the outstanding Peggy Carter series )

Hawkeye too as long as the villains are used properly in the the circus of crime....
Her last solo series? Are you fuckin kidding me!? Omg yes!

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
:lol: Real talk tho. Her story might be the perfect one to do an adult Marvel story. Graphic, violent, sexual, unrelenting...but also showing real character growth and development. Maybe even finally get the "Hulk Smash" joke on screen that we been dyin to see. :giggle:

You can do all that without her being nude and objectifying her. This could be a spy action thriller in the vein of Jason Bourne.

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
You can do all that without her being nude and objectifying her. This could be a spy action thriller in the vein of Jason Bourne.

yeah you could. but why would you? :lol:

you can make a Batman movie without Ben Afleck taking off his shirt.....but that wont happen. I think in the spirit of equal rights and fair play we should see them titties.

*disclaimer* I know the Mouse is never gonna do this, Im just sayin. :giggle:

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Glad it's not done that way. I don't need her demeaned i need her kickin ass and being Jason Bourn like. I would like a flashback scene with her doing all the ballet stuff and then being trained to be an agent. And a mission gone wrong. And then a mission of her being flipped. That would have Clint in it. Like the killing the building full of skrulls.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
It will fail

Marvel movies never fail there some that are just less successful than others but all have been huge hits -

Black Widow with the restraints off and being pure Black Widow will be a great movie - She is a stone cold killer trying to redeem her past by being an avenger and an Agent of SHIELD - find some reason storywise to take off the restraints and you will have a great movie - or even better Netflix series - Adult oriented and more violent

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
Glad it's not done that way. I don't need her demeaned i need her kickin ass and being Jason Bourn like. I would like a flashback scene with her doing all the ballet stuff and then being trained to be an agent. And a mission gone wrong. And then a mission of her being flipped. That would have Clint in it. Like the killing the building full of skrulls.

why she gotta be demeaned to be nude and/or sexual? That's a weird correlation, especially in context of a character like Black Widow. You think one of the best spies in the world, who happens to be a beautiful woman, aint never used pussy control to complete a mission? foh

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Her last solo series? Are you fuckin kidding me!? Omg yes!

THAT is the WHOLE movie right there!

No need to rewrite or nothing...

the script and storyboard are ALL there...

just add on how Hawkeye Fury and Cap all helped her transition and DONE.

I would even add that Tony Stark's father was seduced by one of the Russian agents in the ORIGINAL Black Widow program back in the day...

and the Super Solider program and the Black Widow program and Winter Soldier Program were connected...and make Bucky and Natasha a couple.

And now T'Challa and Cap wants to destroy ANY remains of BOTH programs.

hell I'd give Tony a Russian half sibling he don't know about...

or make it that his MOTHER was always a Russian double agent and was gonna KILL his father and because she REFUSED they sent Winter Soldier after them.

And ummm my customary 10%

get @largebillsonlyplease on the phone ASAP.

Last edited:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
They can easily do a solo film on her. She has enough written content to make a few films. They can use this to introduce other characters as well.

Right now there's a race to put out a super hero movie with a female lead. Disney/Marvel has an upper hand with Black Widow deeply entrenched in the MCU.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
why she gotta be demeaned to be nude and/or sexual? That's a weird correlation, especially in context of a character like Black Widow. You think one of the best spies in the world, who happens to be a beautiful woman, aint never used pussy control to complete a mission? foh
Yeah it is demeaning. It's putting everything else she is on the back burner and putting nudity in the front. I already know where your mind is. You put it there. Instead of saying she could've been several other different things. You decide to make her nude. Which it wouldn't ever happen. It's how you people are and how you think. I expect it. I know it. I had a momentary lapse and forgot where i was.

But still, she's much more than a character you can parade around for tits.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well this wont happen until at least phase 4.

They should have been laying the ground work for Black Widow and Bucky since WS instead of the out the blue rommance with Banner.

I'm more interested in Captain Marvel. The writers slipped up and said her first appearance will be in Infinity War PT.1.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
At this point they just fucking with DC's emotions.. This is clearly a dagger at the Wonder Woman film. Black Widow cant carry a film alone. It will be more espionage thriller than comic flick.. and im not sure thats the audience they wanna target. But, they can afford the investment with the other cash cows they have on deck.