DIRECTOR SAYS MARVEL MADE CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR BECAUSE OF BATMAN V SUPERMAN ANNOUNCEMENT

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Filmmakers Joe and Anthony Russo believe Marvel moved forward with Captain America: Civil War because of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's announcement.

Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Joe Russo discussed how Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige's thoughts evolved on their pitch for the upcoming movie, especially after Warner Bros. announced they were making Batman v Superman.

"There have been 11 or 12 [Marvel Cinematic Universe] movies so far, all with a fairly traditional structure," said Russo. "Our pitch to them was: People will tell you they love chocolate ice cream — until you give it to them five days a week. It's time to give them some rainbow sherbet.

"Kevin is a maverick, and he's very sensitive to how people are responding to his content. He said he thought we might be right. And after they announced Batman v Superman, he said, 'You guys are absolutely right.' We needed to do something challenging with the material, or we were going to start to lose the audience."

Captain America: Civil War is reportedly trending well with audiences so far. Pre-release tracking points to a $175 million domestic opening weekend for the Marvel movie.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04...war-because-of-batman-v-superman-announcement

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I kinda doubt it. Maybe it pushed the release date up a little but Marvel was eager to introduce BP as well as Spidey. The story arcs in CW were well in place for many movies. I think the acquisition of Spidey probably did more than anything else. The fact that BvS was a dumpster fire I believe was more DCs panicky reaction. I really think if DC had taken more time the movie would have been much, much better. I wouldn't be surprised if CW does 500 mil domestic.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I agree with Knightmelodic, hadn't they laid out the plans for phase 1&2 while DC was pushing MOS back a year so it would not face avengers.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I agree with Knightmelodic, hadn't they laid out the plans for phase 1&2 while DC was pushing MOS back a year so it would not face avengers.

I think they had the first three phases planned out,but wasn't sure what story to use,because for awhile they just had Captain America 3,until they announced Civil War,two years ago.

What I find interesting is that Civil War will be the first movie to Phase 3,so it's going to be interesting to see how they do the other movies leading up to Infinity War.

Batman vs Superman was disappointing.
Civil War will make up for my time wasted.

I was looking forward to BvS,but Warner Bros fucked it up

Not only did Warner Bros fucked up BvS,how the hell you messed up your two biggest franchises in one movie..:smh::smh::smh:

cartempire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember seeing a display for Captain America : Serpent Society... Then DC announced BvS and Marvel switch that she up quick fast and in a hurry lol

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A few years back, I was down with the phase schedule. As the middle of 2016 nears, I honestly don't have any interest in waiting 3 years for the completion of this story line.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
he's prob hoping his sidekick role in this movie elevates him back to having his own feature... he need to sit ass down and accept his robin role in future movies..pt 3 was so bad dat they literally act like the ending didn't happen when they started avengers 2...nig was suppose to have no suits, no glowing shit in his chest, and be retired on his love bird shit..marvel shook their head and said fuck that have amnesia audience avengers 2 had that nig come back like the third movie never happened..lol..marvel basically erased iron man history and people don't even kno it

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
captain america was already moving into legendary status after winter soldier this was juss icing on the cake...this movie actually extends iron man worth cause he was getting push to the attic especially after the last iron man and avengers 2...iron man series is extra forgettable

Didn't Ironman 3 gross over a billion worldwide? Why would they put that series on the shelf?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Didn't Ironman 3 gross over a billion worldwide? Why would they put that series on the shelf?
it came after avengers so the hype machine was huge for that movie..it sold off that alone but got shitted on by the critics..juss because it made a lot of bread don't mean it was good..last 2 ironmans got crazy negative feedback..the 2nd movie sold off hype from the first 1 and 3 off of avengers..like i said they mite try to use civil war to try to push the 4th movie..the ironman series is forgettable without hype off of other flicks