Rest in Power, Director John Singleton

neoafrican

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If his mom is asking for power of attorney its possible he got worse after the initial "mild" symptoms...

Let's hope that Hollywood money helps him in his recovery!

ATLKingpin

Rising Star
Registered
They are saying bro is dead...sad. We were freshmen together at SC. We weren’t best friends but we were cool.

At that time USC’s film school was hella racist and biased. Every body was on Ricky Schroeder’s jock....so for John to be Black and be there was impressive.

He actually showed me his first film (I was the only one he could get to watch it, lol). A part of being down (if you were Black) at that time was going and hanging in the hood outside of the gates. John was like “fuck that shit”.

John later said he was going to make a “hood” movie. I was like how are you going to make a hood movie and you won’t go in the hood? Bro proved me hella wrong....God Bless

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
They are saying bro is dead...sad. We were freshmen together at SC. We weren’t best friends but we were cool.

At that time USC’s film school was hella racist and biased. Every body was on Ricky Schroeder’s jock....so for John to be Black and be there was impressive.

He actually showed me his first film (I was the only one he could get to watch it, lol). A part of being down (if you were Black) at that time was going and hanging in the hood outside of the gates. John was like “fuck that shit”.

John later said he was going to make a “hood” movie. I was like how are you going to make a hood movie and you won’t go in the hood? Bro proved me hella wrong....God Bless
Thanks for sharing. I hope he pulls through and what we are hearing are lies. God bless.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that he's able to bounce back from it. Stroke victims have a much better chance of recovery these days than in my childhood. It was damn near the end of the road for most when I was a child.

Reactions: flx

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/27/boyz-n-the-hood-dirty-cop-jessie-lawrence-ferguson-dead-dies/

4/27/2019 1:21 PM PDT

Jessie Lawrence Ferguson, the actor who played the dirty cop in "Boyz n the Hood," is dead ... TMZ has learned.

Jessie's son, Jace, tells us ... he died Friday night at their home in Palmdale, California. Jace says he found his dad next to his bed with the TV on, and it comes as a shock because he was spry and seemed healthy in the days leading up to his death.

Jace says, "He was a strong, beautiful intelligent black man and he wanted the best for his son and all people."

Law enforcement tells us it was a natural death, nothing suspicious. We do not know the cause of death.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Damn best of luck for a speedy recovery.

vmX3no.jpg

His family squabbling over his assets man. They say he may not recover:oops:

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That's fucked up

Something is wrong with a granny or grandpa who doesnt want their grand children to shine.

And if anything ever happened to me, my mother knows to fallback because my wife and kids comes first.

It's truly ADOS shit to be expected to support one's parents financially.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Breaking News! Rest In Peace John Singleton.

Rest in Heaven. Thanks for sharing with us your ideas when it came to films. My favorite one was Boyz in the Hood!!!
58662359_10218330104940294_6787912266177052672_n.jpg

https://fox4kc.com/2019/04/29/john-...ToSncLdyGl5u1co_i89a8_zBsvcme6AKJIaxo9kUiT4Lk

John Singleton, ‘Boyz n the Hood’ director and writer, dies at age 51
POSTED 7:27 AM, APRIL 29, 2019, BY CNN WIRE AND FOX 4 NEWSROOM, UPDATED AT 08:05AM, APRIL 29, 2019

more than a week ago.

Singleton's family had previously confirmed he suffered a stroke on April 17 but did not elaborate on his condition.

Singleton, 51, who was the first black filmmaker nominated for the best director Oscar award, is known for films like "Boyz n the Hood" and "Poetic Justice."

A show he co-created for the FX Network, "Snowfall," was renewed last year for a third season.

Singleton's peers and colleagues have expressed their affection.

"Showing love/support for a fellow black director from LA," Ava DuVernay wrote in a tweet. "He is a lovely man. Pray with me."

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
RIP

WOW.... a MOD … the self proclaimed "Super Moderator" ... that doesn't make this a sticky ….. his MOD status should be now permanently revoked …. :hmm: