Movie News WTF?: Dean Cain discusses if Superman has to be White & if Black Panther needs to be Black

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the problem isn't who is in the suit...its SUPERMAN HIMSELF AS A CHARACTER..he's too vanilla.. there is no inner conflict for him

he's over powered and theres no real darkside.. he's too..GOOD. Once you get passed the first movie introdcing him where he's all conflicted trying to figure who he is...then where do you go?

this has ALWAYS been the problem with superman..its why the sequels got worse and worse under reeves...

you can do this if you want to...
5158355-val+zod.jpg

but that wouldn't change the underlying issue...SUPERMAN HAS NO CONFLICT...

THE MYTHOS OF SUPERMAN NEEDS TO CHANGE NOT THE ACTOR OR SKIN COLOR OF THE CHARACTER

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor
the problem isn't who is in the suit...its SUPERMAN HIMSELF AS A CHARACTER..he's too vanilla.. there is no inner conflict for him

he's over powered and theres no real darkside.. he's too..GOOD. Once you get passed the first movie introdcing him where he's all conflicted trying to figure who he is...then where do you go?

this has ALWAYS been the problem with superman..its why the sequels got worse and worse under reeves...

you can do this if you want to...
5158355-val+zod.jpg

but that wouldn't change the underlying issue...SUPERMAN HAS NO CONFLICT...

THE MYTHOS OF SUPERMAN NEEDS TO CHANGE NOT THE ACTOR OR SKIN COLOR OF THE CHARACTER
Im Not Saying Simply Change the Color of the Person In the Suit....Do the Actual Val Zod/Superman Earth 2 Story.....They Keep Their Superman on Earth 1

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
This motherfucker said sushiman..WTF.
He said that happened when he was first cast for the role.

Dean Cain played Superman in the ABC series Lois and Clark from 1993 to 1997 :hmm: How many people were posting things... foh

When I was first cast as Superman and we first started doing the role, the internet was in its infancy and people were posting things. Somebody posted, 'We wanted Superman not Sushiman.'

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh ya fuckin kiddin a knigga right???

You already had a cac play a muthafucka

Called Tarzan..

Even more insane....

Ya had a cac play a muthafucka called.

Bruh I need a drum roll for this shit here bruh...

Erebody drum roll pleeeeeeeze.....

Called

DARKMAN....

Seriously they had a cac play a muthafucka called DARKMAN..

So minus whale have a cracker play an African from a place called wakanda....lol

While you at it...why don't we have a cracker star in the autobiography of Marcus Garvey.....

Fuckin autobiography

Of Bernie Mac...

Crackers have zero shame when it comes to creating a history for themselves

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh ya fuckin kiddin a knigga right???

You already had a cac play a muthafucka

Called Tarzan..

Even more insane....

Ya had a cac play a muthafucka called.

Bruh I need a drum roll for this shit here bruh...

Erebody drum roll pleeeeeeeze.....

Called

DARKMAN....

Seriously they had a cac play a muthafucka called DARKMAN..

So minus whale have a cracker play an African from a place called wakanda....lol

While you at it...why don't we have a cracker star in the autobiography of Marcus Garvey.....

Fuckin autobiography

Of Bernie Mac...

Crackers have zero shame when it comes to creating a history for themselves

Let em know.. Kinsfolk

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Superman uses sunlight (specifically the yellow sun of earth, he came from a planet with a red sun) to charge his cells. This gives him abilities...this power would require melanin or a comparable substitute. That's why they say there's a precedent that says he should be black.

I don't know about melanin being an advantage in this case. African Americans and other people of color have a lower amount of Vitamin D in our bodies because of our Darker skin. We don't absorb as much UV from the Sun. Of course, we are talking about an Alien being with a different Physiology altogether in a comic no less so anything is possible if you write a good story

Dark08

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once again it depends on the character. Black Panther could never be white because he was born in an African country that was never colonized. Superman is a fuckin alien so it wouldn't technically matter but I would keep certain icons the same. I prefer a new character being black instead of swapping the color of someone (Miles Morales). But if their race is not determined by their character then its fair game (Black Canary).

yea this right here.... if the character's ethnicity or race is extremely significant to the character being who they are then you can do with whatever. When it is extremely significant under those instances is where this can become problematic. Outside of that it is fair game. You still going to get push back changing a black character to white because we have so little it feels like come on man how you going to go and do that....

Dark08

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah he shouldn't say Truth, Justice and the American Way. The American Way doesn't make as much sense in the context of the world. Versus the 30's where so much more of the population believed our own Government propaganda.

The world have values that aren't singularly American and coming from the point of view of an Alien, ok he does have American values (because he was raised here) but the concept of doing the right thing are not a state concept. Superman doesn't go around correcting things on mass that are non American.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Once again it depends on the character. Black Panther could never be white because he was born in an African country that was never colonized. Superman is a fuckin alien so it wouldn't technically matter but I would keep certain icons the same. I prefer a new character being black instead of swapping the color of someone (Miles Morales). But if their race is not determined by their character then its fair game (Black Canary).

This...