DEADWOOD: THE MOVIE (2019)

Man_Of_STeeL

鋼鉄の人 - より似たチタン
Platinum Member

Former rivalries are reignited, alliances are tested and old wounds are reopened, as all are left to navigate the inevitable changes that modernity and time have wrought. Starring Ian McShane, Timothy Olyphant, and Molly Parker. Deadwood: The Movie premieres May 31 on HBO.

I was a huge fan of the tv show....glad its gonna get a proper ending...

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Deadwood was a good show... I wonder if they'll be able to re-capture the magic.

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered
This show was racist as fuck
I agree, but on the other hand it realistically portrayed just how bigoted white people were back then. Not that they've changed all that much today. :hmm:

This must’ve been b4 the institution of slavery. Not one POC to be seen.

Is there at least a slave whipping scene, a slave being raped or sodomized. A 12 yo black girl
or boy being subjected to the most vile happenings from a white man 5x their age.

Maybe this was slave emancipation week or maybe they got the day off.

What year is this suppose to be and where are all the “POC”

Carry on......

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This must’ve been b4 the institution of slavery. Not one POC to be seen.

Is there at least a slave whipping scene, a slave being raped or sodomized. A 12 yo black girl
or boy being subjected to the most vile happenings from a white man 5x their age.

Maybe this was slave emancipation week or maybe they got the day off.

What year is this suppose to be and where are all the “POC”

Carry on......

You don't consider Chinese people of color? There were numerous instances during the series of derogatory dialogue aimed squarely at the Chinese.
The Series supposedly takes place in the 1870's, a few years after The Emancipation Proclamation, but there were African Americans in the Dakota Territory of which Deadwood was a part. That being the case we were definitely under represented by creators and writers of the show. Probably because they thought no one would notice. :hmm:

The following may be of interest to you. http://nkaa.uky.edu/nkaa/items/show/2075