DC/MD, Northern VA Fam quick questions about a few areas

BCSD2012

Star
Registered
One of the areas wifey and I are looking at when we relocate is Prince Georges County MD.

What's Upper Marlboro, Kettering, District Heights, Woodmore, Palmer Park, Bowie like? What areas have the newer subdivisions?
Schools, racial makeup, crime, time to get in DC etc?

Gonna spend between $450k-$550k on house.

Thanks for the info.

pizat

Star
Registered
Palmer PArk uuuuh FUCK NO. that's landover nah fam...Fort Washington yea. all the others yea. If ya wanna get shot at move to and part of the county real close to the DC line....Other look at a map and move maybe 10 miles from the line or further and you good.

pizat

Star
Registered
PG public Schools are kinda bad....Ummm Elenor Roosevelt is cool. Oxon hill high sci tech is cool. suitland ain't bad it's surrouded by bullshit, Homer ave Swann road etc etc. but a good school if your kids wanna learn. Oh and CH Flowers ain't bad. they got Wise which is new and im not sure about. I went to Friendly high School which wasn't bad...welll. it's all on what u tell you childrens...LOL

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Avoid anything Heights! Everywhere else you named is cool. I would start with Bowie. Stay outside the Beltway but try to get where your commute isn't crazy.

MoneyInTheBank

Unstoppable..............
Certified Pussy Poster
FUCK PG COUNTY PROPERTY TAXES ARE TOO HIGH AND THE SCHOOLS ARE TERRIBLE !!

Woodmore is a nice area.

Upper Marlboro and Bowie are cool.

Palmer park, district heights, kettering/ largo - :smh::smh::smh:

One of the areas wifey and I are looking at when we relocate is Prince Georges County MD.

What's Upper Marlboro, Kettering, District Heights, Woodmore, Palmer Park, Bowie like? What areas have the newer subdivisions?
Schools, racial makeup, crime, time to get in DC etc?

Gonna spend between $450k-$550k on house.

Thanks for the info.

pizat

Star
Registered
If u want post a map of the county and I can circle it. Oh stay away frol Langley Park, Riverdale, Bladensbug, East West hgwy.(It's VATO LAND NOW) They gang bang up there heavy. But them ese's in PG know not to fuck wui niggaz they will get cracked. AGAIN 5-10 miles away or further from the DC line and u good.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Haven't you asked this question before?

If not, run a search - this question was asked about 8 months ago and there's a long and extensive thread on it.

pizat

Star
Registered
FUCK PG COUNTY PROPERTY TAXES ARE TOO HIGH AND THE SCHOOLS ARE TERRIBLE !!

Woodmore is a nice area.

Upper Marlboro and Bowie are cool.

Palmer park, district heights, kettering/ largo - :smh::smh::smh:

MITB u know slim. Help me school him. He could goto Chuck County (Charles County)

Largo, Kettering would be good but too many bamma ass niggas out there he might have to knock one of them skinny jeans ass wearin youngins out.

Last edited:

BCSD2012

Star
Registered
Haven't you asked this question before?

If not, run a search - this question was asked about 8 months ago and there's a long and extensive thread on it.
I asked about Northen VA last time. We are leaning more towards MD now.

BCSD2012

Star
Registered
SO if you have up to 550 K, want a decent house, with a spouse that's going to commute to DC where would you look?

YeahYou

Banned
I never liked laurel for some reason.

ay67py.jpg

This my in-laws crib in Laurel.. They paid 400 for it brand new.. around 4200 SQ feet and a big ass basement..

pizat

Star
Registered
Sheridan+Terrace.jpg

Or you can have this for cheap LOL. Well it's closed like 10 years now but...Still DC has more BANG for your buck.

640 has some nice amenities

ParkMorton.JPG

Again more BANG for yo buck.:lol::lol::lol:

For your price you have the whole building.

Jk

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
If I was settling down and thinking bout kids I'd be looking at Alexandria and Montgomery County where you could have your seeds attending some of the best public schools in the country.

In PG, Woodmore is real cool but you'll probably be looking at a luxury townhouse and not a detached single family in your budget.

There gotta be like 5 threads on this and "what car would you get for $xx,xxx"

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
I never liked laurel for some reason.

Cuz it has no soul. You can get a nice crib out there and know that things will be pretty quiet but there's nothing going on. Nothing but franchise restaurants and same ole, same ole big box stores (no acur). None of the flavor that makes the DMV shine.

Downtown Silver Spring > Laurel

pizat

Star
Registered
Cuz it has no soul. You can get a nice crib out there and know that things will be pretty quiet but there's nothing going on. Nothing but franchise restaurants and same ole, same ole big box stores (no acur). None of the flavor that makes the DMV shine.

Very true.

K

kwazdog

Laurel isn't bad, a few new subdivisions..

There are some behind my moms crib (between contee rd and cherry lane off of van dusen rd) that are nice and new. Near the the new ICC highway (Inter county connecter) thats being built.

pizat

Star
Registered
How far is your wife willing to commute for a nicer house, better quality of living, and superior schools ?

c/s The traffic is HORRENDOUS........From any Direction. Metro helps but @ 4.25 and rising to park and out rideing the subway sometime is also not a cost effective option unless u company pays for Metrocheks and smarttrip card.

pizat

Star
Registered
Brandywine, is cool Ginuwine got a nice crip out there.

Dog that shit is in the sticks. U might as well go a few more miles south in goto Chuck County.
My man did some phone work for VZ at his house man he said his wife is too fine LOL.(sorry off topic)

BCSD2012

Star
Registered
How far is your wife willing to commute for a nicer house, better quality of living, and superior schools ?
Fortunately we both have jobs that allow us to plan around traffic. She usually try to get in before 10 and my schedule is mad flexible in my field. .

K

kwazdog

True, Downtown silver spring might be too much "action" if they got kids, but i'd imagine thats it much more expensive and a more sound investment than laurel.

pizat

Star
Registered
Fortunately we both have jobs that allow us to plan around traffic. She usually try to get in before 10 and my schedule is mad flexible in my field. .

Well u better hit that beltway after 9:30-10-ish if u don't want traffic. I hope u don't work in Fairfax County or Mo County like 270 spur that shit is fucked most days till 11:00

MoneyInTheBank

Unstoppable..............
Certified Pussy Poster

Check this site and starting planning your move.

Find Your Next Home
http://homedatabase.com

Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/

Make sure you talk to people that live in the neighborhood you are planning to buy and get a police report of all the crime in that area.

GOOD LUCK.

Last edited: