Dave Chappelle brings his "good friend" Elon Musk to his show. Elon gets Booed.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Elon Musk Gets Viciously Booed by Stadium Crowd at Dave Chappelle Show
“You shut the fuck up,” Chappelle said as the crowd booed the billionaire.
By
Matt Novak

Elon Musk and Dave Chappelle on stage in a surreptitiously recorded video at Chase Center in San Francisco on Sunday night.Gif: Twitter / Cleo PatrA

Elon Musk, the billionaire who wants nothing more in life than to be adored by legions of fans, was loudly booed by a crowd in San Francisco on Sunday night after he was invited onstage by comedian Dave Chappelle. And the footage is pretty rough, even if you don’t particularly like Musk.

“Ladies and gentlemen, make some noise for the richest man in the world,” Chappelle said near the end of his set at the Chase Center.

The crowd erupted into a mixture of cheers and boos, before the boos clearly won out, according to footage posted on Twitter. The booing got louder as Musk wandered around onstage with a microphone in hand. Musk started pacing and waving, clearly unsure what to do about such a negative reaction.

“Cheers and boos, I see. Elon...” Chappelle said.

“Hey Dave,” Musk responded, prompting another wave of boos from the crowd.

“It sounds like some of the people you fired are in the audience,” Chappelle joked.

“All these people who are booing, and I’m just pointing out the obvious, you have terrible seats,” Chappelle said, apparently trying to save Musk’s dignity by calling the people who are booing poor.

Phones weren’t allowed inside the stadium for the show, but at least one person snuck theirs in and captured the bizarre exchange, posting it to Twitter.

Chappelle tried to salvage the encounter, according to a second video posted to Twitter, joking, “his whole business model is fuck Earth, I’m leaving anyway.”

“What kind of pussy they got up there? That’s what we’ll be doing,” Chappelle said, according to the video.

After Chappelle’s jokes about “titty bars” in space, the crowd seemed to be properly won over and Musk started to speak again.

“Thanks for having me up on stage,” Musk said awkwardly to more boos.

“The first comedy club on Mars....” Chappelle said, as Musk stood by awkwardly just saying “yeah.”

As the laughs for Chappelle’s jokes would get drowned out by boos anytime Musk tried to talk, the comedian said that people could boo all they want, because Musk had given him a jetpack last Christmas.

But every single time Musk began to speak, the crowd started booing again, much to the frustration of Musk.

“Dave, what should I say?” Musk said, clearly desperate and getting embarrassed at the roar of booing.

“Don’t say nothing. It’ll only spoil the moment,” Chappelle said. “Do you hear that sound, Elon? That’s the sound of pending civil unrest. I can’t wait to see what store you decimate next, motherfucker. You shut the fuck up.”

The mood in the stadium definitely changed when Chappelle started to get hostile in defense of Musk.

“I wish everyone in this auditorium peace and the joy of feeling free,” Chappelle said, clearly exhausted that bringing Musk on stage had been such a failure. “And your pursuit of happiness. Amen.”

At that point, Chappelle clearly decided to throw in the towel, thanking the crowd and saying good night, but a third video shows Chris Rock joining the stage along with a few other people.

One of the men onstage is asked by Chappelle to shout the catchphrase from his 2000s sketch show, “I’m rich, bitch,” into the mic. The man dutifully complies, then says, “wait, wait,” while handing the microphone to Musk, clearly wanting him to say the same thing. Musk does, in the most awkward tone you could imagine. The crowd again erupts into boos, only drowned out by someone in the stadium’s sound department honking a horn of some sort.

It’s difficult to tell from the videos precisely what percentage of the crowd was booing during the cringeworthy episode, but some on social media estimated it was the vast majority of people in the 18,000-capacity stadium.

“Was at the Dave Chapelle show at SF tonight and who comes on but Elon Musk! A good 80% of the stadium boos. 18k people. and he withers. Like absolutely turns into a corncob. ‘What should I say??’ He says Dave tries to salvage the situation but to no avail,” James Yu, the founder of Sudowrite, said on Twitter.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did I miss something??? Why in the fuck is Dave Chappelle running interference for a near Nazi like Elon Musk who has allowed the most virulent racists back on his Twitter platform under the guise of "free speech"?
I want to like who I have always liked but dayummmm, some folks are looking suspect in the light. I don't understand Chappelle's buddy buddy friendship with Joe Rogan either. Rogan is a white supremacy gateway drug.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know right. When I don't like the Whopper they gave me at Burger King, I go to Jiffy Lube to complain.
Man GTFOH with that bullshit. Take yo ass to Five Guys, McDonald’s or whoever else sells burgers then. Social media like most of the internet skews toward the shit YOU click on. It’s proven fact. If I’m tired of BGOL, I’m not logging back on. I’ve never seen shit in my timeline that isn’t related to the shit I have already clicked on or follow. The problem is a bunch of people who don’t want to log off the app and live in the real world. Cyber bullying is bullshit. Block, unfollow or log the fuck off.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Dave should have known this would happen

4GvTom.jpg

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
was this twitter?
Bruh, stop. We all know what they’re booing about and that’s fine. How much you want bet those same people went straight to that platform to post how much they booed him. Supporting/using the same platform they complain about. Make it make sense.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Man GTFOH with that bullshit. Take yo ass to Five Guys, McDonald’s or whoever else sells burgers then. Social media like most of the internet skews toward the shit YOU click on. It’s proven fact. If I’m tired of BGOL, I’m not logging back on. I’ve never seen shit in my timeline that isn’t related to the shit I have already clicked on or follow. The problem is a bunch of people who don’t want to log off the app and live in the real world. Cyber bullying is bullshit. Block, unfollow or log the fuck off.
Yeah let me go to Five Guys to complain about the Whopper. That makes sense too. How about you let people complain about whatever they want to complain? You don't have to like what they like. I personally have no problem with Twitter itself except for the fact that I've been getting a lot of DM's from bots after Musk took over. It rarely happened before. But let me go to Facebook to complain about these bots I'm getting on Twitter.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dave was being Dave, clowning both Elon and the audience. Elon caught some boooos from Frisco, meh...so what? That's on him.

:lol::roflmao: @ the faux shocked reactions of "OMG, Is Dave attending the next Insurrection? Dave get away from Elon...EWWWWW!!!"

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Did I miss something??? Why in the fuck is Dave Chappelle running interference for a near Nazi like Elon Musk who has allowed the most virulent racists back on his Twitter platform under the guise of "free speech"?

Cause Dave is just as bad as Kanye, just not dumb enough to make racist comments.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
Really? If this was all it took for you to be done with Dave, you didn't fuck with him in the 1st place.
You don't know me my dude. I been fucking with Dave since the late 90s I literally watched Chappelle show starting with the first episode I remember him promoting it before it came out. This wasn't all it took he's been making questionable decisions for awhile. I'm done no more excuses for this nigga from me.

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You don't know me my dude. I been fucking with Dave since the late 90s I literally watched Chappelle show starting with the first episode I remember him promoting it before it came out. This wasn't all it took he's been making questionable decisions for awhile. I'm done no more excuses for this nigga from me.
Why do we always want to cancel people because they don't think 100% like us.

He been cool with Rogan since Rogan used to guest star on his show back in the day and even before that.

But because you don't like Rogan and Elon, then you want to cancel Dave because he does? We are not a monolith. It's ok to have a difference of opinion and not cancel eachother.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
Why do we always want to cancel people because they don't think 100% like us.

He been cool with Rogan since Rogan used to guest star on his show back in the day and even before that.

But because you don't like Rogan and Elon, then you want to cancel Dave because he does? We are not a monolith. It's ok to have a difference of opinion and not cancel eachother.
We don't have to cancel anyone. This is how life works if you want to continue rocking with him do it. I am also a grown ass man so I will make the decision I feel is best for me. That decision is to no longer fuck with him. See how easy that was?

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah let me go to Five Guys to complain about the Whopper. That makes sense too. How about you let people complain about whatever they want to complain? You don't have to like what they like. I personally have no problem with Twitter itself except for the fact that I've been getting a lot of DM's from bots after Musk took over. It rarely happened before. But let me go to Facebook to complain about these bots I'm getting on Twitter.
Your Whopper analogy is weak man. It’s s an individual item at a restaurant. You can have a Whopper remade on the spot if you’re not happy. What you’re arguing is the equivalent of being mad because Burger King uses frozen patties or you don’t like the type of bun they use. Good luck with that one. Me I’m not ordering the Whopper anymore or I’m ordering something else.

Last edited:

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We don't have to cancel anyone. This is how life works if you want to continue rocking with him do it. I am also a grown ass man so I will make the decision I feel is best for me. That decision is to no longer fuck with him. See how easy that was?
Just having discussion trying to make since of it all and seeing if you back up your stance with logic.

But I guess you told me off. Let me go sit down in the corner.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like Dave always have, but I have to admit I liked the skinny Dave more. Imo since those days his comedy has taken on more a philosophical bent, much of which is still funny but not the kind that used to make me laugh hysterically. :hmm:

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Cancel is a cac term adopted by super liberal negroes. I don't hang with no black men that uses that shit