Dallas Cowboys Legend Deion Sanders Has Toes Amputated

letsshoot

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Last year was a challenging season for former Dallas Cowboys star Deion Sanders, and now we know why.

In an Instagram post Tuesday morning, former Dallas Cowboys defensive back Deion Sanders revealed that he recently lost a pair of toes due to amputation. Sanders began experiencing blood clots in his left foot after a series of past surgeries.

"The hardest thing of it all was to look down there and see that," Sanders said in the social media post. "To understand that at one time, you were this type of athlete. And now, you don't even know if you will be able to walk again.''

During his second season as coach of the Jackson State Tigers, Sanders began dealing with health problems that hospitalized him for a month during the 2021 campaign. Despite losing their head coach, the Tigers finished with a 13-4 record while taking home the 17th SWAC championship in school history.

A preview of Sanders' circumstances will be featured on the next episode of "Coach Prime" — a six-part docuseries chronicling the Hall-of-Famer's first season as coach of Jackson State. Sanders spent much of last season coaching from a wheelchair on the sidelines of Jackson State.

Said Sanders: All you feel is pain."

AAUOk4h.img

AAT6fyc.img

AAT6mga.img

In January, the nation's No. 1 top slot receiver, Kevin Coleman Jr. disregarded offers from several Power 5 schools to commit to Sanders at Jackson State. In addition, the Tigers landed top-ranked defensive back and five-star prospect Travis Hunter.

Since taking the helm in 2020, Sanders is 15-5. Last season, Sanders took home the SWAC Coach of the Year award.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
Honestly, after seeing the podcast with Shannon Sharpe and Prime revealing his leg, I'm not surprised.
It looked really bad :smh:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Honestly, after seeing the podcast with Shannon Sharpe and Prime revealing his leg, I'm not surprised.
It looked really bad :smh:
Dion is very fortunate that they only amputated his toes. People you have to pay attention to every spot of your body. If you have a problem with one toe, you better take care of it quickly before spreads. My auntie had a severe infection in her toe and it spread throughout her whole leg. Eventually she died. RIP, auntie. :(

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
After being hospitalized earlier this for Type 2 Diabetes, I Thank God and The Ancestors that I didn't have to have anything amputated. I had a number of other complications to deal with. I'm getting better now. The boyfriend of one of My Aunts had to have BOTH his legs amputated recently mostly due to his Diabetes issues.

For Peeps to joke about Sanders' condition is nothing short of Disgusting.
But that's Cowardly and Insensitive Social Media for Ya.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
After being hospitalized earlier this for Type 2 Diabetes, I Thank God and The Ancestors that I didn't have to have anything amputated. I had a number of other complications to deal with. I'm getting better now. The boyfriend of one of My Aunts had to have BOTH his legs amputated recently mostly due to his Diabetes issues.

For Peeps to joke about Sanders' condition is nothing short of Disgusting.
But that's Cowardly and Insensitive Social Media for Ya.

^^^^

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I can’t imagine this. A friend just went to a plant-based diet after his diagnosis. That prompted me to make more changes. I’m curious how much was inevitable and what was simply ignoring the signs for too long.

It’s crazy how things can sneak up on you as an adult. You just can’t eat anything anymore. Got to be mindful of what goes in your body. And you got to stay active.

I get it. I’m glad I listen to folks around here when it comes to their experiences and what motivates them.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wow... it has to be diabetes aka THAT SUGAR bruh....
No, some people have a history of blood clots....

He is one of them.....his uncle died from them.

The toes were cut cuz he kept getting clots after a routine surgey....lost feeling /blood in them too many times....

And the symptoms he has now is loss of feeling on the bottom of the foot.....

Potential clots cutting off circulation to the bottom of his foot......shit is weird....

I'm sure that played a part in why he was constantly on that scooter.....beginning in his 40's....

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Thanks for the updates on his health.

My mom had a blood clot addressed when she was post-operation for a broken hip at hospital in 2020.

She and her boyfriend have been blood donors for many years, and she asked us kids to sign up on the blood donor registry last fall. That was her birthday request. I donated last year and was looking over their site yesterday to book another appt to donate in the months ahead.