Dallas cop enters wrong apartment, kills Black man Botham Jean who lives there [LIVE TRIAL LINK]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Murder Trial Date Set for Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger in the Shooting Death of Botham Jean

Monique Judge

3/20/19 12:30pm
Filed to: AMBER GUYGER
jit2pzltezmjjyhjucex.jpg

Photo: Mesquite Police Department (via AP)
Former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger has a trial date for her role in the shooting death of Botham Jean, an unarmed black man.

NBC 5 reports that court records show Guyger’s trial will begin Aug. 12.

Guyger has been charged with murder in the Sept. 6, 2018 shooting.

Guyger and her attorneys were in court Monday for an “announcement hearing,” the details of which neither side can discuss because the judge in the case has issued a gag order.

ad

Guyger claims that on the day in question, she returned to the apartment complex where she and the victim lived after working a nearly 14-hour shift. She claims to have mistakenly parked on the wrong level of the parking structure, thereby entering the building on the wrong floor and mistaking Jean’s apartment for hers, which was one floor below.

Guyger then claimed that when she was somehow able to open Jean’s apartment door, she believed him to be an intruder in her own apartment, and she shot him after he “failed to comply” with “verbal commands” that she issued.

NBC 5 obtained documents from Dallas police that show the amount of overtime Guyger worked in the months and weeks leading up to the shooting, including the day of the shooting. The station posits that this information may become crucial during the trial.

On the day of the shooting, Guyger requested and worked nearly six hours of overtime. The shooting happened soon after she returned home from that shift. In the days leading up to the shooting, she worked between 1 and four hours of overtime on any given day.

Criminal defense attorney Heath Harris, who is also a former prosecutor, is not associated with the case, but he told NBC 5 that the amount of overtime worked by Guyger will be an important factor for both sides.

“You want an accurate assessment of what her condition was on the night of the shooting. So both sides want it,” Harris said, noting that the information is especially vital for her defense.

“Absolutely, it’s going to help the defense,” Harris said. “If she worked 13 hours that day, that’s going to corroborate that she could’ve possibly been tired and she could have been fatigued to the point where she did make the mistake of going to the wrong apartment.”

Also under scrutiny are the records of any cruises Guyger took between Sept. 23, 2018, and March 4, 2019. A judge ordered her to surrender her passport to her attorney in November 2018 and not leave the state of Texas without the court’s permission.

The prosecution has subpoenaed records from the Royal Caribbean cruise ship company pertaining to those dates, stating the information is “considered material to the state.”

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
On the day of the shooting, Guyger requested and worked nearly six hours of overtime. The shooting happened soon after she returned home from that shift. In the days leading up to the shooting, she worked between 1 and four hours of overtime on any given day.

Criminal defense attorney Heath Harris, who is also a former prosecutor, is not associated with the case, but he told NBC 5 that the amount of overtime worked by Guyger will be an important factor for both sides.

“You want an accurate assessment of what her condition was on the night of the shooting. So both sides want it,” Harris said, noting that the information is especially vital for her defense.

“Absolutely, it’s going to help the defense,” Harris said. “If she worked 13 hours that day, that’s going to corroborate that she could’ve possibly been tired and she could have been fatigued to the point where she did make the mistake of going to the wrong apartment.”

Bullshit....1 to 4 hours of overtime going to make someone so tired they go into the wrong apartment and murder someone???

Casca

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://newsone.com/3851638/amber-guyger-arrests-dismissed/

People Arrested By The Trigger-Happy Amber Guyger Are Having Their Cases Dismissed
At least nine people who were arrested by a Dallas police officer who was eventually accused of murdering a man in his own home have had their cases dismissed, according to a new report. The development could be damning forAmber Guyger, the now-former cop who was indicted for breaking into the home ofBotham Shem Jeanbefore shooting him to death.

All of the dismissed cases originated before Guyger killed Botham Jean, a 26-year-old native of St. Lucia who was simply home watching TV when the off-duty officer illegally entered and killed him under the implausible excuse that she thought he was burglarizing her own apartment. Citing court documents, the Dallas Newsreportedthat “Dallas County prosecutors in one case wrote that they were seeking the dismissal because the fired officer was ‘indicted for murdering an innocent man in his own home.’”

If prosecutors were going so far as to dismiss cases that Guyger brought in, that could indicate how strongly they feel their case against the former cop is. The implication was that prosecutors were so confident they can secure Guyger’s conviction that they were already getting ahead of any potential wrongful arrest lawsuits that could be initiated once the former cop is found guilty.

Guyger’s defense attorneys, on the other hand, may not be nearly as confident as their prosecutorial counterparts of their latest move was any indication. Her murder trial was initially slated to begin in August beforeit was pushed backuntil late September, more than a year after Guyger killed Jean.

There were also reportsthat Guyger, who has been out on bail since her indictment in December, may have violated the terms of her conditional release by living her best life and vacationing on a Caribbean cruise, which was subpoenaed for its records last month. In addition to possibly showing Guyger violated her bail, the subpoenacould allow prosecutors to portray her as a carefree vacationer following what appeared to be a cold-blooded murder of an innocent man.

There is also the testimony from an eyewitness who recorded video just moments after the shooting, showing Guyger talking on her phone and the paramedics removing Jean’s body.Guyger’s lawyers were scramblingto keep her from the witness stand.

Guyger, herself, has also taken painstaking measures to show her purported innocence, including getting a complete makeover in an apparent play for sympathy from the judgeduring a court appearance in January.

Still, the apparent evidence is seemingly overwhelmingly not in Guyger’s favor.

On Sept. 6, Guyger said that following a long day on the job as a Dallas police officer, she implausibly mistook his apartment for her own and, after ordering Jean not to move, shot him twice before realizing the error of her ways. Her story was met with doubt because of a number of factors, especially her assertion that Jean’s door was ajar.Videos posted on social media by neighborsappeared to show that apartment doors in the building shut automatically, which seemed to indicate that Guyger was lying.

In addition to the inconsistencies in her alibis, which have changed several times, Dallas police, of which Guyger was a member for five years before being fired, appeared to be helping to cover up the shooting for their colleague. The department was accused of allowing Guyger enough time toscrub her social media accountsand get her story straight before turning herself in three days after killing Jean. It also gave Guyger enough time to move out of her apartment, which was never searched by police despitefive warrantsallowing them to do so.

Murder charges against a police officer are notoriously hard to prosecute. There are roughly 1,000 police shootings every year in the United States, but officers seldom face justice. According toCNN, only 80 cops were arrested on murder or manslaughter charges for on-duty shootings between 2005 and April 2017. However, only 35 percent of those arrests led to convictions in that 12-year period.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
https://newsone.com/3851638/amber-guyger-arrests-dismissed/

People Arrested By The Trigger-Happy Amber Guyger Are Having Their Cases Dismissed
At least nine people who were arrested by a Dallas police officer who was eventually accused of murdering a man in his own home have had their cases dismissed, according to a new report. The development could be damning forAmber Guyger, the now-former cop who was indicted for breaking into the home ofBotham Shem Jeanbefore shooting him to death.

All of the dismissed cases originated before Guyger killed Botham Jean, a 26-year-old native of St. Lucia who was simply home watching TV when the off-duty officer illegally entered and killed him under the implausible excuse that she thought he was burglarizing her own apartment. Citing court documents, the Dallas Newsreportedthat “Dallas County prosecutors in one case wrote that they were seeking the dismissal because the fired officer was ‘indicted for murdering an innocent man in his own home.’”

If prosecutors were going so far as to dismiss cases that Guyger brought in, that could indicate how strongly they feel their case against the former cop is. The implication was that prosecutors were so confident they can secure Guyger’s conviction that they were already getting ahead of any potential wrongful arrest lawsuits that could be initiated once the former cop is found guilty.

Guyger’s defense attorneys, on the other hand, may not be nearly as confident as their prosecutorial counterparts of their latest move was any indication. Her murder trial was initially slated to begin in August beforeit was pushed backuntil late September, more than a year after Guyger killed Jean.

There were also reportsthat Guyger, who has been out on bail since her indictment in December, may have violated the terms of her conditional release by living her best life and vacationing on a Caribbean cruise, which was subpoenaed for its records last month. In addition to possibly showing Guyger violated her bail, the subpoenacould allow prosecutors to portray her as a carefree vacationer following what appeared to be a cold-blooded murder of an innocent man.

There is also the testimony from an eyewitness who recorded video just moments after the shooting, showing Guyger talking on her phone and the paramedics removing Jean’s body.Guyger’s lawyers were scramblingto keep her from the witness stand.

Guyger, herself, has also taken painstaking measures to show her purported innocence, including getting a complete makeover in an apparent play for sympathy from the judgeduring a court appearance in January.

Still, the apparent evidence is seemingly overwhelmingly not in Guyger’s favor.

On Sept. 6, Guyger said that following a long day on the job as a Dallas police officer, she implausibly mistook his apartment for her own and, after ordering Jean not to move, shot him twice before realizing the error of her ways. Her story was met with doubt because of a number of factors, especially her assertion that Jean’s door was ajar.Videos posted on social media by neighborsappeared to show that apartment doors in the building shut automatically, which seemed to indicate that Guyger was lying.

In addition to the inconsistencies in her alibis, which have changed several times, Dallas police, of which Guyger was a member for five years before being fired, appeared to be helping to cover up the shooting for their colleague. The department was accused of allowing Guyger enough time toscrub her social media accountsand get her story straight before turning herself in three days after killing Jean. It also gave Guyger enough time to move out of her apartment, which was never searched by police despitefive warrantsallowing them to do so.

Murder charges against a police officer are notoriously hard to prosecute. There are roughly 1,000 police shootings every year in the United States, but officers seldom face justice. According toCNN, only 80 cops were arrested on murder or manslaughter charges for on-duty shootings between 2005 and April 2017. However, only 35 percent of those arrests led to convictions in that 12-year period.

This trial can't come soon enough !!!
I'll be watching with a big ass tub of popcorn
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I'm listening to the tape now of the 911 call and I'm still not buying it. I'll try to link it.

She was only concerned about self. She never said he charged at her, she kept saying about her job. I still think she knew exactly what she was doing.

Last edited:

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I personally think she definitely knew exactly what she was saying and why she said every damn word in that tape. Cops know how to cover shit up. All I'll say is this: fuck that bitch. I wish her pain and immense suffering as long as she has life. :angry:
Yes she definitely knew all the lingo, it seems almost practiced. Who thinks about calling their supervisor...

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here is the 911 tape. This Bitch is going to walk

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article...jean/287-89eb47bb-7f14-46fd-8406-141ffabb44a1
( Sent from WFAA )
I wonder if they made that audio yesterday. I seriously doubt if that is the real 911 call. And after 911 we do know there is a lot they can get away with. If that was the reall 911 call they would have released it right away.
They got to try to work on the witness now. There was beating on the door and she hollered let me in. This shit sounds like a soap opera

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh damn, I just noticed on the news that audio of the 911 call leaked
Damn BGOL is already on it
I hope the judge does not try to throw out this "evidence" because it was leaked to the public
Did this bitch say "Oh fuck, I'm gonna lose my job" ??? :hmm:
Check out these youtube vids.....

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hey fellas, an easy way you can tell what Amber is saying is staged...ADRENALINE RUSH...She makes a point to emphasize at the end of the 911 call that "shes so tired". But in reality that would be impossible (at that moment in time). The adrenaline rush from being in a stressful situation like that, would have woken her body up. And did the opposite of what she was claiming on that 911 tape. And also it usually takes a while for that rush to wear off. You can tell Amber said that shit just to try to establish an excuse. This might be a good counter point that Botham's attorneys could use? What do you guys think?

Botham Jean's mother reacts to 911 call

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still say if that was the 911 call they would have released it right away. That whole shit about the door being ajar is bullshit. On the 911 call she states she was off duty. If the case was investigated when it happened they would have reviewed the 911 call. I thought I heard police chief Hall say she though it was an officer related shooting. On that 911 call they showing she was saying she was an off duty police officer. Other people called 911 also. Are they going to release those calls?

Last edited:

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I wonder if they made that audio yesterday. I seriously doubt if that is the real 911 call. And after 911 we do know there is a lot they can get away with. If that was the reall 911 call they would have released it right away.
They got to try to work on the witness now. There was beating on the door and she hollered let me in. This shit sounds like a soap opera
I feel it was definitely made very recently because everything she said isn't of an action that JUST happened unless she's around here shooting people every day.

I've NEVER shot anyone but I just don't think I would be that calm and that "c'mon on buddy" is like she's talking to a drunk friend.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Either she is an award winning actress or she really didn't mean to do the shit.

Personally I don't think she meant to do it after hearing that.

Either way she still should pay the consequence.
He had a red mat in front of his apartment. Somebody said she had a flower in front of her apartment. And I bet the two apartments do not look alike or smell alike. The damn tape sound like a soap opera to me.
If she was doing LSD I still do not think this would have happened. What damn drug can get her high enough to do this? No average person is sleep walking like she claim to be and we do not know of any drug that is that powerful. They already working on the witness and other evidence.