"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
No, Drunk me was trying to make the point that even cacs turned on Bush after Katrina but they will roll with Trump despite a massive, preventable death toll. :lol: Im also pretty sure that despite cacs trying to make into "Obama's Katrina", we never had literally had a single death from Ebola in the US.:smh:

Huh? I thought we lost 12,000. Were they living outside the country? Edit: Nevermind. I'm thinking of the swine flu.

Count23

International
International Member
It’s when things hits close to home when I feel the shock or at least the realness of it all.

Every now and again I bug out at how much has changed.
All I'm waiting for is covid19 to be confirmed for reanimating corpses, then I'll know that I'm in a movie. :lol:
It will get back to normal eventually. Just like it did after the 1918 pandemic. It's just going to take a while, and probably longer than it did the first time because we are more spoiled than ever.
I mean yeah at some point people will have to go back to work, because the economy cannot stay frozen for too long, however unless there's an accurate test that can detect it during the asymptomatic phase, and/or a viable vaccine, there will be no more pre-covid 'normal'

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
All I'm waiting for is covid19 to be confirmed for reanimating corpses, then I'll know that I'm in a movie. :lol:

I mean yeah at some point people will have to go back to work, because the economy cannot stay frozen for too long, however unless there's an accurate test that can detect it during the asymptomatic phase, and/or a viable vaccine, there will be no more covid 'normal'

The test and the vaccine will come. It will take time. I have a heart condition so I'm high risk and my doctor makes me get a flu shot every year. I normally don't catch the flu and I've only been sick once since I was diagnosed, but this was after becoming lax with the supplements I take, but its a precaution. Until they come up with something for covid, I'll do what I always do and add the social distancing in.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It will get back to normal eventually. Just like it did after the 1918 pandemic. It's just going to take a while, and probably longer than it did the first time because we are more spoiled than ever.

Normal is extremely relative.

American society was just ending a world war and was then hit by a pandemic. Then 12 years later, America was hit with a drepession and another world war. Then followed by the civil rights movement and another war.

Normal is what we imagine it to be and it’s relative to the ones you ask.

If you’re saying normal as in Covid will not be the main news of the world, then sure I believe that type of normalcy will happen again. But once a system changes is doesn’t go back to what it was before. I do not know anything in nature that does that. It evolves into something else. And humans are certainly not above nature as Covid is clearly showing us.

Count23

International
International Member
The only normal we are going to go back to is what we create in our own minds on what normal is suppose to be.

This outbreak has taught me that “normal” was an illusion. Routine and stability is what we imagine it to be. It helps us cope and give us the ability to predict on a day to day basis. Normal give us a false sense of reality that we have control, when we don’t. It can be taking away at any moment without our permission.
This right here. People got so used to hearing about horrible shit on the news that's outside their purview and treating it as background noise, because it's other people's problems, that they're caught completely off guard with this. The same kinda persons who called me paranoid and obsessed, for simply pointing out that China didn't shut down over the flu.

If there is a silver lining to this though, is that nobody can afford to tune this out and pretend that their reality isn't affected, no matter how much money they have.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So it looks like they are already getting started with the bullshit :smh: :smh: :smh:

Look at the number of "abnormal" or "not available" deaths for all of 2019 compared with so far for 2020

1xh3exjc9nq41.png

site : http://www.flhealthcharts.com/FLQuery/Death/DeathCount.aspx
The 2020 numbers need to be prorated and perhaps seasonalized for a reasonable comparison to the prior years.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This outbreak has taught me that “normal” was an illusion. Routine and stability is what we imagine it to be. It helps us cope and give us the ability to predict on a day to day basis. Normal give us a false sense of reality that we have control, when we don’t. It can be taking away at any moment without our permission.

I agree with this, but I think that we have been redefining what "normal" is for a while now. For example, we are seeing the real time re-writing of George W Bush as president when comparing him to Donald Trump. If Bush or Obama did any of the things that Trump has done, there would be hearings on Capitol Hill and a larger push for removal from office...Reagan was terrible on the War on Drugs and in other areas, but he had charisma and came across as "presidential". I'm saying all that to say that we have been moving toward the direction of abnormal even before the coronavirus spread. When I say "back to normal", I'm talking about more on a general scale, regarding TV, sports, education(I'll address that in the next comment)

We are going to have generations of children that will be disrupted in education for the next year or two. Integrating them back into that environment after being out a certain amount of time is going to cause many to lose any potential knowledge they could have gained.

Regarding education, I think our technology is going to turn out to be an xfactor, especially for college. This college bubble has gotten entirely too big and there's not enough financial being provided to make up the difference. There are so many bootcamps and internships and opportunities for people to be able to make it in a field without going to college, then i can see more and more kids going that route. Why go into debt to get a degree if you don't have to? With that being said, I can also see student maybe waiting a little later in life(perhaps 24 or 25) to go and get their degree if they see fit.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The 2020 numbers need to be prorated and perhaps seasonalized for a reasonable comparison to the prior years.

I am a numbers buy but these are highly suspect. We are only starting the 2nd quarter of 2020 and already have 2,236 "not available" deaths compared with 149 for the entirety 2019 and 0 for 2018 :smh: We should be seeing around 250-270 "abnormal" deaths per month based on 2018/2019 data but 2020 is at 700+ so far.

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I agree with this, but I think that we have been redefining what "normal" is for a while now. For example, we are seeing the real time re-writing of George W Bush as president when comparing him to Donald Trump. If Bush or Obama did any of the things that Trump has done, there would be hearings on Capitol Hill and a larger push for removal from office...Reagan was terrible on the War on Drugs and in other areas, but he had charisma and came across as "presidential". I'm saying all that to say that we have been moving toward the direction of abnormal even before the coronavirus spread. When I say "back to normal", I'm talking about more on a general scale, regarding TV, sports, education(I'll address that in the next comment)

Regarding education, I think our technology is going to turn out to be an xfactor, especially for college. This college bubble has gotten entirely too big and there's not enough financial being provided to make up the difference. There are so many bootcamps and internships and opportunities for people to be able to make it in a field without going to college, then i can see more and more kids going that route. Why go into debt to get a degree if you don't have to? With that being said, I can also see student maybe waiting a little later in life(perhaps 24 or 25) to go and get their degree if they see fit.

That’s the thing I getting to. We have always been redefining normal. It’s fluid and always moving.

Yeah, I agree. TV and sports will return eventually. But people are going to be different for sure. I’m most certainly not the same as I was 4 months ago. Hell, I’m not the same as I was Friday. Lol.

This is a perfect time for us to get ahead of what society will be in the future. I’m actually excited to be part of the new world. Especially about the part you mentioned about education. Just hate that we have to deal with it this way.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member

yeah after that pandemic things went right back to "normal" and then even worse things happened that had nothing to do with it
racism -jim crow laws resumed
sports - filled stadiums(hell they even had a sports scandal in baseball in 1919)
stock market crashed 10 years later causing a depression
and twenty years after WW2

so yeah unfortunately things will go back to normal
police brutality
rich getting richer
homelessness

the only true change i can see is health care overhaul

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Well.......

Public health expert says African Americans are at greater risk of death from coronavirus

Take this COVID-19 as serious as a heart attack, says Dr. Georges Benjamin

Yeah, we discussed about this several pages ago.

It’s unfortunate, but it’s the reality we are in.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are obvious issues with these numbers, that make them at best less than useful, at worst suspect. I've also seen John Hopkins U's Covid19 stats occasionally spike one way or another and then be adjusted in the next reporting cycle, so it could be a timing issue with data submission. :dunno:

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah, we discussed about this several pages ago.

It’s unfortunate, but it’s the reality we are in.

The thing is I'm trying to decipher from different reports if there is an agenda behind these reports on blacks. I know BGOL is pretty good on point with getting to the bottom of these type of reports. I thought it was strange not seeing it on here yet. I tried to look through the pages, but I guess I missed it.

There are obvious issues with these numbers, that make them at best less than useful, at worst suspect. I've also seen John Hopkins U's Covid19 stats occasionally spike one way or another and then be adjusted in the next reporting cycle, so it could be a timing issue with data submission. :dunno:

Yeah, mainstream media saying things are skyrocketing are also not saying that is expected because there are bigger samples than before. Still it is not a good state the world in.
African Americans are at greater risk of death from nearly EVERYTHING.

Now is this going to cause blacks to be the scapegoat or face for this now eventually?

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The thing is I'm trying to decipher from different reports if there is an agenda behind these reports on blacks. I know BGOL is pretty good on point with getting to the bottom of these type of reports. I thought it was strange not seeing it on here yet. I tried to look through the pages, but I guess I missed it.

Yeah, mainstream media saying things are skyrocketing are also not saying that is expected because there are bigger samples than before. Still it is not a good state the world in.

Now is this going to cause blacks to be the scapegoat or face for this now eventually?
It will be many months if not years before we have good solid data in the public domain about the spread of this virus, treatment, morbidity, etc... It doesn't matter if the mainstream media makes blacks the face of the disease. We know how it got here, and it wasn't Leroy, Pookie, DaNikah, or Quame. Will they try to blame them for the spread, probably. The fact remains that the death rate disparity is directly correlated to economic status, and African Americans have been systematically relegated to the bottom since forever.

Last edited:

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
White folks have better health care, and better outcomes when they are sick. Black folks are the majority of the ones dying right now. Obama care would have equalized things more, and it started to according to the reports I read a few years ago, but things took a decline after Trump got into office and more people lost health insurance. He also now allows junk plans.
I hear ya but these folks are hillbillies. If something was to go down they will be done. Well, they would just bring it to grandpa and grandma and they will be done.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No, Drunk me was trying to make the point that even cacs turned on Bush after Katrina but they will roll with Trump despite a massive, preventable death toll. :lol: Im also pretty sure that despite cacs trying to make into "Obama's Katrina", we never had literally had a single death from Ebola in the US.:smh:
That’s why it’s foolish when people ask what will it take for people to turn on the president. They will never turn on him. They will never forsake him.