computer password program

blkpfinder

Potential Star
Registered
Fam, I need some help. My daughter(7) somehow put a password on my laptop computer and she cant rember what it was, is there an program/way to still use my laptop without reformatting my harddrive? any help would be great

Nasag

Potential Star
Registered
Supposedly windows xp can be cracked. I read on some websites of some tools that could be used to brute force your way into the system. I never really tried it because usually the passwords I encounter are VERY simple: Username: administrator Password: (blank). Its the default account setup by windows. Most people forget to change this account's password.

Google 'bypassing windows xp password.'

Elvisd22

Star
Registered
Turn your computer on....While the screen is black(Before windows XP start loading)..Tap F8 continously....Screen will appear with different boot modes...Select safe mode.....It will boot to log in screen....You will see administrator and your screen name...go into administrator....Go to control panel...users...remove password from your screen name and reboot in normal mode....This will work if you did not password protect the administrator log in....Good Luck....

Razkal

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
ERD Commander... allows you to change administrator password on any system.

The Houstonian

Star
BGOL Investor
Elvisd22 said:
Turn your computer on....While the screen is black(Before windows XP start loading)..Tap F8 continously....Screen will appear with different boot modes...Select safe mode.....It will boot to log in screen....You will see administrator and your screen name...go into administrator....Go to control panel...users...remove password from your screen name and reboot in normal mode....This will work if you did not password protect the administrator log in....Good Luck....
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

works damn near everytime

Nasag

Potential Star
Registered
Sorry, I forgot about 'safe mode'. I assumed that everyone used the 'classic logon' screen for winxp.

I forget to step out of my bubble sometimes.