Comedy: Amy Schumer Responds to Patrice O'Neal Joke Theft Accusations

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Amy Schumer Responds to Joke Theft Accusations: ‘I Have Never and Would Never Steal a Joke.’

After a recent video surfaced comparing Amy Schumer's material to other comedians' work, Schumer went on the Jim Norton's Sixius XM Radio show today to deny any allegations of joke theft. "I wanted to come and talked to you about [these accusations] and clear my name, because I would never ever do that and I never have," the comedian said, adding that she is "literally going to take a polygraph test and put it on my show this season."

The video collects allegations — some of which surfaced this weekend, others older — that Schumer copied material from Patrice O'Neal, Tammy Pescatelli, Kathleen Madigan, and Wendy Liebman. Talking to Norton, Schumer said that she had not seen any of their jokes before she performed her own and that any similarities were a result of parallel thinking, not plagiarism. She perviously addressed similarities between O'Neal's punchline and a line from her stand-up special on Twitter last fall. She also said that Madigan and Liebman do not hold the similarities against her. "They know me," She said. "And they don't believe that I would do that." Liebman has already posted a tweet in support of Schumer.

Schumer went on to explain how she, and in some cases her writing team on Inside Amy Schumer, independently arrived at the jokes people have alleged to be similar to other comics' work — including sketches about paying someone to slap food out of your hands and an exercise program that works you out while you sleep, a description of a sex act mixing hair and semen, and a punchline about how it's cool when a guy pays...for sex. "I have to come up with so much material," Schumer said, citing the demands of her show, stand up performances, and her movie, Trainwreck. "I'm so careful and none of these things had ever reached me."

In a separate part of the interview, Schumer also discussed why she might be a target for such accusations. She argued that Pescatelli, who hastweeted her frustrations with Schumer several times over, may be jealous of her success and "trying to get something going" (a claim that Pescatellihas rebuked on Twitter). She discussed the difficulty of being an immensely successful performer, especially as a woman, using recentanger against Jennifer Lawrence as an example. But Schumer promised she would change the narrative around herself. "I'm not a little weakling," She said. "This stuff makes me upset and angry and then I just get stronger, and I'll fight back. I am not going to become one of these other comics who's been accused of stealing jokes. This will not be a part of my name."

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/amy-schumer-responds-to-joke-theft-accusations.html#

Ghost'Em

Rising Star
Registered
Another Cac cacing... Theft is just normal to them.

And her joke is too similar to Patrice's to just be "parallel thinking"...

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Regarding the Patrice jokes, she's just gonna act like R.Kelly, huh?... like there isn't video of what she did gtfo.

She's the new cac funny lady they are pushing though so she'll get a pass. If problems persist the antisemitic card shall be played.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
She's seen it, that's what prompted this response.

The subject came up months ago and she's let Norton and Metzger do all the talking. But the vid above was front page on reddit, which was too much to ignore.

She still lying though, so idk why she didn't just remain silent.

Okay. Like someone else said, anti-Semitic card on deck, if this gets too hot.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I haven't seen the video but there seems to be many jokes that are similar. How many different jokes can their be about a drunk family member for instance. The difference is most comedians can change them just enough to make it theirs. If they ain't stealing outright there is no way they aren't getting ideas from others.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Okay. Like someone else said, anti-Semitic card on deck, if this gets too hot.

I am waiting for the day when somebody pulls that anti-semite shit that somebody responds and tells them it can't be anti-semetic because you are not a Semite.

Like somebody saying something about a mofokr from Ireland and tehm playing the anti-asian card......bitch you ain't asian :smh:

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I am waiting for the day when somebody pulls that anti-semite shit that somebody responds and tells them it can't be anti-semetic because you are not a Semite.

Like somebody saying something about a mofokr from Ireland and tehm playing the anti-asian card......bitch you ain't asian :smh:

True story: I told a Jew that I worked with that. His response was: "You know what I mean." No, I don't. Then he changed the subject.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm waiting to see how long it's gonna take her to "borrow" that whore joke that guy tweeted about her.

af656ed7144e0cf4aeadc05bf8e3420b.gif

Reactions: BDR

Tuco

Rising Star
Registered
I'm 2 mins into da comparison video.......dont need to see anymore to know dis cac bitch is a TEEF!

cacs really dont give a fuck to be stealing jokes for deceased comedians, like no one will notice :smh:

fuckin white people, no one is safe from their fuckery, even their own. what a sick, deprived people

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She's seen it, that's what prompted this response.

The subject came up months ago and she's let Norton and Metzger do all the talking. But the vid above was front page on reddit, which was too much to ignore.

She still lying though, so idk why she didn't just remain silent

^^^^^

all TRUTH

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
stick to police work

:smh::smh::smh:

Well correct me brotha no need to be disrespectful... Tell me what it is to be anti Semite

Last I checked cac Jews ain't that but sure know how to calm someone is anti Semite in reference to someone hating them :smh:

Antisemitism (also spelled anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, .... of Semitic languages (e.g. Arabs, Ethiopians, or Assyrians) and that not all Jews speak a Semitic language.

Last edited:

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
She's a lying sack of shit. The only time she even gets close to funny is with somebody elses material.

Reactions: BDR

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

How could this bitch even begin to think that people would believe that two jokes in the same order from the same set are a fucking coincidence?

That's why when people say that dumb shit about how easy it is to have the same thought, im like yeah. And that ain't this, plain and simple.

Anyone presenting that argument is simply obfuscating shit. Because Helen Keller could see that doesn't apply here.

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah it's the same joke, just the names were changed, but I didn't know Amy and Patrice worked together on a radio show. So maybe the joke was talked about among each other, who knows. Without Patrice to say that she stole it or offered input, no one knows. Also Chris Rock directed that special.