College Park Georgia just elected a black female mayor

Comments

Hotlantan

I'm not a player, I just fuck a lot
BGOL Investor
I think this College Park first black mayor.
No I don’t think so I think this is the first female black mayor
The first black mayor passed in 2008.

Camille referenced College Park MARYLAND. This is College Park GEORGIA - just Southeast of downtown Atlanta where a portion of the Atlanta Airport is located. Mostly Fulton County and the airport section in Clayton County. The white Incumbent Jack Longino had been in office 24 YEARS - first elected in 1995.

COLLEGE PARK—Mediator and former Fulton County Magistrate Judge Bianca Motley Broom edged six-term incumbent Jack Longino by one vote among Clayton County voters in the College Park mayoral runoff, with a far more decisive win among the city's Fulton County voters.
Unofficial results from the Clayton County Elections Office show Broom beat Longino with 9 votes to 8, or 52.94 percent to 47.06 percent.

Of the 17 votes cast:
In person on Dec. 3: Longino 6, Broom 8.

Advance in person: Longino 2, Broom 1.
Absentee by mail: 0 for either candidate.

Fulton County residents in College Park were more decisive in their support of Broom, who won the election with 1,030 votes or 69.97 percent versus Longino's 442 votes or 30.03 percent.

According to this article the voter turnout for the last general election in Fulton County was 9.8% (that's NINE POINT EIGHT PERCENT) - and you know the runoff percentages were even lower. This level of apathy is exactly how a white auto mechanic can stay in office for 24 years governing a town that's over 80% #ADOS Black.
:hithead:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamTots #TeamQuaid
Super Moderator
Camille referenced College Park MARYLAND. This is College Park GEORGIA - just Southeast of downtown Atlanta where a portion of the Atlanta Airport is located. Mostly Fulton County and the airport section in Clayton County. The white Incumbent Jack Longino had been in office 24 YEARS - first elected in 1995.

COLLEGE PARK—Mediator and former Fulton County Magistrate Judge Bianca Motley Broom edged six-term incumbent Jack Longino by one vote among Clayton County voters in the College Park mayoral runoff, with a far more decisive win among the city's Fulton County voters.
Unofficial results from the Clayton County Elections Office show Broom beat Longino with 9 votes to 8, or 52.94 percent to 47.06 percent.

Of the 17 votes cast:
In person on Dec. 3: Longino 6, Broom 8.

Advance in person: Longino 2, Broom 1.
Absentee by mail: 0 for either candidate.

Fulton County residents in College Park were more decisive in their support of Broom, who won the election with 1,030 votes or 69.97 percent versus Longino's 442 votes or 30.03 percent.

According to this article the voter turnout for the last general election in Fulton County was 9.8% (that's NINE POINT EIGHT PERCENT) - and you know the runoff percentages were even lower. This level of apathy is exactly how a white auto mechanic can stay in office for 24 years governing a town that's over 80% #ADOS Black.
:hithead:
Oops my bad. :o Thanks for the correction! :yes:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
BGOL Investor
Turn the entire south out. I made a thread about where the future of black political power will be.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
The airport is controlled by the city of Atlanta even though it’s in Clayton county

Not only that but they annexed parts of 'old college' park to have an 'Atlanta' address. Parts of Camp Creek is actually College Park too but they've been bulldozing those old ass houses and building DR Horton Communities and other subdivisions behind Camp Creek and on the other side. MF houses ain't cheap either.

Last edited:

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m glad these folks woke up. I hope other small southern towns do the same.

Now employ black folks in government black contractors, and start flexing muscle on the county level.

A study should be done to identify other cities that need to wake up.

J.E.T.S

Rising Star
Registered
College Park has become great. Especially, since all those black owned restaurants opened on main st. Soul Crab and Milk and Honey is the truth. :yes:

Brake Pad, which is cac owned, used to be my favorite spot for drinks.

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The crime is still WAY too high for a city of its size though. It's one of if not the worst in the metro area. Id say they need to fix that and the schools for me to consider it even good let alone great.

easy_b

ADOS are Russian assholes!!!
BGOL Investor
The crime is still WAY too high for a city of its size though. It's one of if not the worst in the metro area. Id say they need to fix that and the schools for me to consider it even good let alone great.
Hey yeah it’s hard crime in your area to and no one is doing nothing about it there where are you at