College Park Georgia just elected a black female mayor

Comments

Hotlantan

I'm not a player, I just fuck a lot
BGOL Investor
College Park, GA is 81% Black and only 14% white. The incumbent was white, 66 years old and in feeble health after 24 years in office. He is an auto mechanic who barely went past high school and probably only got into the office because his Grandpa used to be mayor.

On top of that he narrowly survived a recall when he singlehandedly "cancelled" the very popular Arts Festival. No woman Black or white has ever even served on the College Park City Council which is crazy for 2019 and goes to show how "sheep led" the voters are there.

The winner is well qualified and should do a great job, but there was absolutely no reason this should have even gone to a runoff.

easy_b

ADOS are Russian assholes!!!
BGOL Investor
College Park, GA is 81% Black and only 14% white. The incumbent was white, 66 years old and in feeble health after 24 years in office. He is an auto mechanic who barely went past high school and probably only got into the office because his Grandpa used to be mayor.

On top of that he narrowly survived a recall when he singlehandedly "cancelled" the very popular Arts Festival. No woman Black or white has ever even served on the College Park City Council which is crazy for 2019 and goes to show how "sheep led" the voters are there.

The winner is well qualified and should do a great job, but there was absolutely no reason this should have even gone to a runoff.

I’ll be honest with you I think it was some shenanigans going on with the voting process in the city but she still won...Oh don’t forget about the airport

Picasso

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

WTF was niggas doing in College Park?
Apparently not voting :smh:

Simply_Black

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just found out they kept a Cac for Mayor for six terms wow but I’m glad they threw him out
That's the power of turning up and making your opinion count.

All the positive political changes that's happened to black folks in AmeriKKA has happened through effective voting which led to proper representation.

Staying home, doing nothing or shouting out in anger without using the effective ballot is never the way forward.

Last edited:

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I’ll be honest with you I think it was some shenanigans going on with the voting process in the city but she still won...Oh don’t forget about the airport
The airport is controlled by the city of Atlanta even though it’s in Clayton county

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Only 51% of eligible voters actually voted in that election. What do you think would have been the outcome if even half of the remaining 49% had gotten up off their collective ass and cast a ballot?. Voting always matters. :hmm:
To go deeper into this Clinton left a huge surplus those Republicans want it that money and he would do anything to get it

Picasso

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only 51% of eligible voters actually voted in that election. What do you think would have been the outcome if even half of the remaining 49% had gotten up off their collective ass and cast a ballot?. Voting always matters. :hmm:
How about the people who voted and their votes didn’t count, that’s what I’m speaking about. o_O

:hmm:

Simply_Black

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How about the people who voted and their votes didn’t count, that’s what I’m speaking about. o_O

There will always be instances like that however voting in general through the different levels of government, local, council, etc is effective and the only way to see positive change.

Yes, the cacs will always try and use fraudulent tactics to steal votes and win elections but imagine if we surrendered, stop voting and did nothing.

Last edited:

easy_b

BGOL Investor
There will always be instances like that however voting in general through the different levels of government, local, council, etc is effective and the only way to see positive change.

Yes, the cacs will always try and use fraudulent tactics to steal votes and win elections but imagine if we did surrendered, stop voting and did nothing.
Only way to counteract that is to vote in big numbers that’s how Obama won

Picasso

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yes, the cacs will always try and use fraudulent tactics to steal votes and win elections but imagine if we did surrendered, stop voting and did nothing.
You’re right man, for some reason I was being an asshole :lol:

But you’re right

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I feel you... There's always some cheating in elections, mostly by Republicans, in the form of voter suppression, undercounts, inoperable voting machines and so on. But the only way to effective counteract that bullshit is to vote in such numbers that overwhelm the cheating.
34% of registered voters identify as Democrats versus 24% who say they're Republican and it is a fact that when Democrats and real Independents don't sit it out and are willing to stand in line to cast a ballot no matter how long it takes, we win. Obama being elected twice is proof positive. :hmm:

Picasso

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel you... There's always some cheating in elections, mostly by Republicans, in the form of voter suppression, undercounts, inoperable voting machines and so on. But the only way to effective counteract that bullshit is to vote in such numbers that overwhelm the cheating.
34% of registered voters identify as Democrats versus 24% who say they're Republican and it is a fact that when Democrats and real Independents don't sit it out and are willing to stand in line to cast a ballot no matter how long it takes, we win. Obama being elected twice is proof positive. :hmm:
Agreed

Simply_Black

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let’s revisit the post once the so-called black community of College Park prospers and has a better position in society than they do today.

If it is the same or worse then... (I’ll let you finish the statement)

Voting has never been the complete solution to Black folks problems across the entire country of Amerikkka so there is no guarantee that anyone who gets voted in will make a great difference... HOWEVER... collectectively over the decades and across the country at different levels of government (local, council, etc) the voting process is the only method that enables black folks to gain fair and effective representation.... Like anything in life it's never guaranteed to always work at all times but at least it does work sometimes... Sometimes is better than never which is what would happen if we never take the opportunity to vote for the change we want to see.

BKF

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

See this is the problem. Black folk failed to flex their power and continue to allow white folk even when they are in the minority to run things.
Yet you'll have people say Obams didn't do shit for black people. Hell.."we" won't even do shit for ourselves (even when we have the numbers).

Last edited:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The days of tokenism cannot be acceptable.

If the mayor doesn’t do anything for improving the position of her people and community, she has to go.

Voting has never been the complete solution to Black folks problems across the entire country of Amerikkka so there is no guarantee that anyone who gets voted in will make a great difference... HOWEVER... collectectively over the decades and across the country at different levels of government (local, council, etc) the voting process is the only method that enables black folks to gain fair and effective representation.... Like anything in life it's never guaranteed to always work at all times but at least it does work sometimes... Sometimes is better than never which is what would happen if we never take the opportunity to vote for the change we want to see.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamTots #TeamQuaid
Super Moderator

If the mayor doesn’t do anything for improving the position of her people and community, she has to go.
Lmaooooo you love seeing white folks in power, don't you? Do you live there where you can vote for her future opponent? If not you're just flappin your font. Again.

Camille

Super Moderator
Edit: wrong state. Please disregard.

I think this College Park first black mayor.
The first black mayor passed in 2008.

Last edited:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:confused:

I love seeing so-called black people know their worth and empower their communities with actions, not words.

YOU love seeing black face as a front as long as the building is burning down you are fine with it. You have to raise your level of thinking and get out of your emotions, which is another major problem with our communities (assuming you are so-called black).

Lmaooooo you love seeing white folks in power, don't you? Do you live there where you can vote for her future opponent? If not you're just flappin your font. Again.

BKF

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No doubt that should be the case but they allowed white folk to run that city forever (just like in Ferguson MO and other cities across this country).

Last edited:

Camille

Super Moderator
:confused:

I love seeing so-called black people know their worth and empower their communities with actions, not words.

YOU love seeing black face as a front as long as the building is burning down you are fine with it. You have to raise your level of thinking and get out of your emotions, which is another major problem with our communities (assuming you are so-called black).
So basically, if you can't have the perfect black candidate, you want a white man to rule you?

It's obvious you don't understand that ceding power along the way means the ones who do get it can wield it less forcefully and effectively, and can't pass their agenda if they are out numbered, but if it's going to be the same whether there is a black face or a white face, why comment at all? You'd be right, voting doesn't matter, the system doesn't change.

Today is the first I've heard of her. What has she said or done to make you think she will or won't govern well and in the interest of the black community? How well did her predecessor perform?

You are so opposed to black folks voting and participating in this democracy, you want us to give up what little power we have soooo bad that the knee jerk reaction is to talk shit about someone you didn't and can't vote for in the first place. I don't know if it's because of the hate for this country, because you're a member of the BGOL He-man Woman's Haters club, a disdain for black women in power or some combination thereof, but it's telling that your first reaction is to say she must go rather than an examination of her policies, or a list of what is good or bad, and a plan to pull her in one direction or the other.

At this point it just seems like you just want to be angry and stubborn for the sake of being angry and stubborn.