Clarence Williams III Dies: ‘Linc’ On ‘The Mod Squad’ Was 81

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
He was the best, man. Such a great actor and a unique screen presence. I'm gonna miss him. When I think of him, I think of him playing the fathers in Purple Rain and Sugar Hill. I was just thinking about him yesterday. Wow.

Rest in Peace, Brother,

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Rest in peace, and condolences to his family & friends.

Williams married the actress Gloria Foster in 1967. They worked together on The Mod Squad; Foster made two guest appearances. The two were also in a movie, The Cool World, in 1964. In 1984 they filed for divorce, but remained friends. They had no children. Williams announced Foster's death in 2001.

Williams died in Los Angeles on June 4, 2021 from colon cancer at the age of 81.[8]

Gloria_Foster_and_Clarence_Williams_Mod_Squad_1970.JPG

"Foster and Williams in a Mod Squad episode in 1970. Foster guest-starred as a blind friend of Linc Hayes."

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At a time when Black people on TV and in the movies were typically portrayed as slaves, field hands, servants and criminals, Linc was the epitome of cool, strong, intelligent and positive Black masculinity.
b0b470d8779a5cbd5130c5d56752b057.jpg

And I believe his character Linc was the primary basis for the alternate skin of "Tiger Jackson" in the Tekken game series.
52bd691f5e47d.jpg
RepulsiveActiveEider-max-1mb.gif
CompassionateSpryAmericantoad-max-1mb.gif

RIP to a true American acting legend.
Thank you for the memories...