CITY DWELLERS: COST/BENEFIT ANALYSIS OF GIVING UP YOUR CAR?

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man if you was paying that much to maintain a car I can see why it was a burden on you.

I still say you should get a car even if it’s just a lil beater about 2-3k that you could buy off and use to get around town at those impromptu moments when public transport won’t cut it.

That insurance is what fucking your life up. Who was your insurance before? If insurance is too much I’d try going with a local insurance company they tend to be much cheaper than some of the popular ones.

Yeah I work for a big insurance provider. I have a couple things that fall off my Loss History Report in January so no reason to insure myself before then. But I won't own another vehicle unless I buy another house outside the city, and the only thing that interests me is the Cybertruck. No gas and no financing either. If I can't get it cash then I can't get it.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's funny that in Atlanta, the worst place to live used to be by a MARTA Station. Now that is where the prime real estate is because people want to take the train and save the expense, time, and risk involved in daily Atlanta driving.