Comedy: Chris Rock - Fergusen, Cosby, Obama & the true meaning of Racial Progress

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was gonna make a thread about this...

was it better when OVERT PUBLIC Racism was 'accepted'?

When a white person showed their true colors but KNEW that they were more then likely a very physical reaction to their behavior?

It was better when we as a people stuck together as a family, as a community, a business owners, as elected officials.

Fuck what the devil sees, you gotta love yourself and the mirror of yourself first.

We can't even fight back, when we got bitches like Barkley, Carson and Snoop (yeah I said it) fucking up the program.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Re: Chris Rock: Ferguson, Cosby, Obama & the true meaning of Racial Progress (colin)

Good read.
For you ninjas waiting for a vid..there aint one.
so just read the shit.

He said a lot of real shit. stuff that made me think

The only part that i didnt fully agree on was when he said Obama ONLY catered to the people who voted for him. He did do a lot for those who voted for him, or the voters that held him accountable, but imho a lot of those moves werent 100% for the people. Nor where those moves being done out of compassion for the people.

Politicians on the national level do little shit here and there to maintain power and keep the people at ease, but they never really fix things whereas the people will be in a good positions from that point forward. But i dont blame Obama for that, i blame the American people who consider this a race instead of a marathon. This aint some love fest, this is business!!

I liked the analogy he used when he equated past leader to so called new leaders.
A lot of these dudes (al, Jesse etc) are substitutes. Theyre just substitutes that focus more so on revenue.

As for the new generations views on racism....there may be some hope.
But imho....the racism train aint gonna stop rolling anytime soon.
Chris kids may have a different view on race because of the lives that they live, but his kids dont rep the majority.

oh yeah....
Like Chris said....
Obama and them shouldve let this country crash and burn.
Imho...thats the only way we couldve awakened the masses and got them out of their bs comfort zones. Too many mofos being coddled.

Sometimes seeing extreme poverty, starvation ..things like that....will wake a mofo up in a heartbeat.

It was better when we as a people stuck together as a family, as a community, a business owners, as elected officials.

uh..but sadly....thats when Black folks had more unity...more families etc.
When non-whites were overt with their bs....and didnt fool u into thinking they wanted to be your buddy. of course it starts with how you view yourselves, but still.

Last edited:

Problematic

Rising Star
Registered
Re: Chris Rock: Ferguson, Cosby, Obama & the true meaning of Racial Progress (colin)

Good read.
The only part that i didnt fully agree on was when he said Obama ONLY catered to the people who voted for him. He did do a lot for those who voted for him, or the voters that held him accountable, but imho a lot of those moves werent 100% for the people. Nor where those moves being done out of compassion for the people.

everything in your post was on point except for this.

chris actually stated the opposite. bush only catered to his base while obama tried(s) to appease everyone.

hence bush = cable tv & obama = network tv.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
tumblr_ng0pn9fYMB1rbtfplo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng0pn9fYMB1rbtfplo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng0pn9fYMB1rbtfplo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng0pn9fYMB1rbtfplo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng0pn9fYMB1rbtfplo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng0pn9fYMB1rbtfplo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng0pn9fYMB1rbtfplo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng0pn9fYMB1rbtfplo7_1280.jpg

:cool:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Best Quotes From Everyone Else’s Chris Rock Interviews

On racism in Hollywood:

"Hollywood pretty much decides to cast a black guy or they don't. We're never on the 'short list.' We're never 'in the mix.' When there's a hot part in town and the guys are reading for it, that's just what happens. It was never like, 'Is it going to be Ryan Gosling or Chiwetel Ejiofor for Fifty Shades of Grey?' And you know, black people fuck, too. White women actually want to fuck black guys, sometimes more than white guys. More women want to fuck Tyrese than Jamie Dornan, and it's not even close." —The Hollywood Reporter

"I've got arty taste, which is great and not great at the same time. I'd rather work with Wes Anderson, but I don't look like Owen Wilson. I'd love to work with Alexander Payne and Richard Linklater. But they don't really do those movies with black people that much." —Rolling Stone

"There are almost no black women in film. You can go to whole movies and not see one black woman. They'll throw a black guy a bone. OK, here's a black guy. But is there a single black woman in Interstellar? Or Gone Girl? Birdman? The Purge? Neighbors? ... I go to the movies almost every week, and I can go a month and not see a black woman having an actual speaking part in a movie." —The Hollywood Reporter

"But forget whether Hollywood is black enough. A better question is: Is Hollywood Mexican enough? You're in L.A, you've got to try not to hire Mexicans. It's the most liberal town in the world, and there's a part of it that's kind of racist — not racist like 'Fuck you, ******' racist, but just an acceptance that there's a slave state in L.A. There's this acceptance that Mexicans are going to take care of white people in L.A. that doesn't exist anywhere else." —The Hollywood Reporter

On rap:

"The Stones can play arenas because the Stones have songs that are not purely based on references that you had to be there for. I love Public Enemy. But they don't have 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.' Kanye will be able to play arenas maybe more than Jay Z honestly, because there's a vulnerability and an emotional thing that happens in his music that doesn't happen in most rap. I love rap, but rap is like comedy: It rots." —Rolling Stone

On comedy:

"You know, if you get an offer to host the Grammys and an offer to host the BET Awards — host the BET Awards. Because it skews younger and you’ll get more new fans doing that than even doing the Oscars. And that’s kind of the name of the game: How many new fans are you going to get doing this? It’s all about new fans. My kids don’t know who Eddie Murphy is, my kids don’t know who Madonna is." —Grantland

"[Adam Sandler] had the confidence of a black wide receiver." —The New Yorker

"People always wondered about Richard Pryor, was he as funny not on drugs as he was on drugs. Lenny Bruce, same thing. Sam Kinison, same thing. George Carlin’s probably the only one I saw be as funny as a sober person as he was as a drug addict." —Grantland

On Barack Obama:

"Obama is like the polio vaccine of racism — people still get polio and die, but there is a vaccine. They don't have to get it. And my kids, you know, it's been 12 years now and there hasn't been one racial incident in my mostly white neighborhood — not even a tiny one." —Rolling Stone

"The difference between Barack Obama and Jesse Jackson was that Jesse Jackson never actually ran for president. He ran to disrupt the presidency. If he actually ran for president, he probably could have been president. Jesse Jackson won a bunch of primaries in Southern states, but not for five seconds did he think he could be president, whereas Obama was like, 'Yeah, I could be president,' and nobody stopped him." —The Hollywood Reporter

On his career ambitions:

"I don't want to [act] in anything that [takes place] before the Jackson 5. Anything before them is just black misery. Everything before the Jackson 5 is essentially slavery, or close to it. So as far as I'm concerned, Michael, Marlon, Tito, Jermaine and Jackie ended slavery." —Rolling Stone

"The whole 'Be a role model to people' [idea] is kind of racist when you think about it ... It suggests that my behavior is not natural. It’s like, 'Hey I don’t beat my wife because I don’t beat my wife, not because I’m trying to help the race out.' Know what I mean? I read because I want to read. It's like, you have a negative image of your people as a whole if you’re putting all of your eggs in my basket." —Grantland

"I don't care if I have to play a whip, I'm going to be in a Steve McQueen movie." —The Hollywood Reporter

"Nat Turner’s a fucking nerd. He gets taught to read and write by his white massa, and he gets sold, and now he has to go out in the fields like everybody else, and he’s so not equipped for this shit ... It’s, like, ‘Oh, shit! Everything I’ve been taught is bullshit!’ And he organizes guys and has this bloody fuckin’ takeover. I’d love to do that movie." —The New Yorker

http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/chris-rock-frank-rich-in-conversation.html

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/11/10/duke-doubt

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/chris-rock-the-rolling-stone-interview-20141203

http://grantland.com/features/chris...elebrity-comedy-cosby-and-the-art-of-casting/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/top-five-filmmaker-chris-rock-753223

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
man chris woke the fuck up and has been going HARD. I applaud the man, and I will be in the theater day one to support!!!

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I didn't understand this analogy.... could somebody break it down?
If you saw Tina Turner and Ike having a lovely breakfast over there, would you say their relationship’s improved? Some people would. But a smart person would go, “Oh, he stopped punching her in the face.” It’s not up to her. Ike and Tina Turner’s relationship has nothing to do with Tina Turner. Nothing. It just doesn’t.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If you saw Tina Turner and Ike having a lovely breakfast over there, would you say their relationship’s improved? Some people would. But a smart person would go, “Oh, he stopped punching her in the face.” It’s not up to her. Ike and Tina Turner’s relationship has nothing to do with Tina Turner. Nothing. It just doesn’t.

Tina Turner = Black Americans

Ike = White America/White Supremacy

Ike deciding to stop hitting Tina in the face isn't improvement from both parties. Ike just decided to stop beating on her.

In this country's case, white america decided to stop with their outright segregation laws and legal discrimination.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He was basically saying it's always the aggressor's (Ike) fault or responsibility to stop doing what it is they are doing, not the victim's (Tina) fault or responsibility.

In our case, it's always the oppressor's (white people) responsibility to stop being racist, it has nothing to do with us(black people).

Sampson

Rising Star
Registered

Damn, this is why he's one of the top comedians ever. Incredibly smart and conscious.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great interview...this brotha is always on point and i been trying to make an effort to support everything he does. Wifey and i just caught top 5 last night. And laughed our asses off

Hes definately in my top 5 comedians of all time

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Very informative on Chris. He say some off the wall shiit but he bringing the truth in this one. Gained new admiration for his corn ball ass. He reinvented his brand and is a shred businessman. Props to his buck tooth ashy ass.

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend

Rock is the best social critic comic of my generation