Carson Wentz, Eagles Agree to Historic 4-Year Contract Worth Reported $128M

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My decision to not watch plantation sports is not based on Colin's actions but on the treatment of issues regarding the NFL.
If you don't see the disparity in coaching, treatment of players, punishment, blackballing, the apologists for racist players, and the overpayment and glorifying of overhyped white players, then you are an idiot or have some serious delusion going on.

So you don't watch any sports? I'm not here to try to dissuade you or change your mind because I was like that as well, but I'm just wondering what you're expecting from the NFL. What would the NFL need to do get you to watch a game again?

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not a bad deal......Only 4 year extension means they know his ass is Mr.Glass on top of the CBA coming up so that money will be toilet paper by the time the lock out is over

Last edited:

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wentz is good and that is market value. The salary cap keeps going up, so players salaries match. The fecals don't have any choice but to stand behind Carson. People complaining about this contract don't understand the business side of football.

d-weezy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not a bad contract for a Top 10 (When healthy QB), but the timing is a little suspect as I guess the org believes that he'll be healthy and out perform these numbers in the remaining hears of his rookie deal.
The Eagles window is now and this is a deal for later which makes it all strange.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But at the same time....if you wait you may have to pay even more next year or the year after. The QB market is about to get atrocious and its thanks to the fuckery of Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins.

Exactly...
Eagles locked him up before Dak, Trubisky, Goff etc got their deals..this may be the floor and not the ceiling for the next wave of QB contracts.
Yeah They could have taken a wait and see approach but ran the risk of paying more later on. I think they gonna look at this as a steal in the next few years.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wentz is good and that is market value. The salary cap keeps going up, so players salaries match. The eagles don't have any choice but to stand behind Carson. People complaining about this contract don't understand the business side of football.

Exactly

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You dont make initial investment assessments on results. You base them on risk. Every measurement we have on Wentz says this is a terrible idea. Goff wont get near this deal if he gets extended at all and Mahomes needs to get extended as soon as humanly possible because he is that fucking good.
In the NFL at quarterback? All bets are off. Not saying I agree with it but these teams throw all the rules out when it comes to signing a quarterback. And yeah Goff will get big money. Rams have too much at stack. I’m telling you Jimmy G and Cousins set the market. Mahomes is going to get the biggest quarterback contract of all time whenever he’s ready to sign.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is a top 10 quarterback. It is a 4 year deal on market value....now the cowboys, your rival, must match
Nobody discussing his talent. They gave 100 million guaranteed to a injury prone player that hasn’t shown he can stay healthy. They should’ve at least let him play it out this year to see if he can at least stay healthy this year.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude they still have the 5th year option... They could do exactly like the titans are doing. Play out the rookie deal ... pull the 5th year option and see how he performs. If you max out.. Max out then. It's not they saved any money on this. They gave this dude 107 million in guarantees.

Why do this..
I would’ve taken that same approach.....but if he has a MVP season this year then he will get a much bigger deal than what he just signed. Plus they do clear up some cap space getting it done now but I would’ve let him seen if he can stay healthy. There’s no question about his talent. Mariota is in a different boat.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fucked up how they devalued the running back position....., & now even subpar quarterbacks are getting all of the money. Kirk Cousins is set for life.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I would’ve taken that same approach.....but if he has a MVP season this year then he will get a much bigger deal than what he just signed. Plus they do clear up some cap space getting it done now but I would’ve let him seen if he can stay healthy. There’s no question about his talent. Mariota is in a different boat.

Mariota has taken this team from 2-14 to a playoff team... barely missing the playoffs last twice in his four years with three different head coaches. We have beaten teams that we had no reason to beat...

Mariota’s only flaw is his health... if he was healthy last year..we would have beaten Buffalo and Miami and easily been in the playoffs.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Dude they still have the 5th year option... They could do exactly like the titans are doing. Play out the rookie deal ... pull the 5th year option and see how he performs. If you max out.. Max out then. It's not they saved any money on this. They gave this dude 107 million in guarantees.

Why do this..

But they will save money.

The deal he just signed will look like a bargain next year.

The QB market is nuts.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I would have kept Foles and shipped out Wentz, but the reason you sign early is simple. Some team is going to give some mediocre ass QB a ridiculous free agent contract next year or another QB will get a ridiculous amount that pushes the amount you have to pay Wentz up.

You definitely want to sign your guy before Mahomes blows the roof off the market.

In the early offseason, this deal and Dak’s deal were probably going to be in the 28-30 mil a year range. Then Russ signed for 35 mil a year, pulling evrybody else up.

You can’t compare Wentz and Mariota. They haven’t signed Mariota because they don’t think he can play.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Imwould have kept Foles and shipped out Wentz, but the reason you sign early is simple. Some team is going to give some mediocre ass QB a ridiculous free agent contract next year or another QB will get a ridiculous amount that pushes the amount you have to pay Wentz up.

You definitely want to sign your guy before Mahomes blows the roof off the market.

In the early offseason, this deal and Dak’s deal were probably going to be in the 28-30 mil a year range. Then Russ signed for 35 mil a year, pulling evrybody else up.

You can’t compare Wentz and Mariota. They haven’t signed Mariota because they don’t think he can play.
Right. Which is why I said Mariota in a different boat then Wentz. We know Wentz can play just don’t know if he can stay healthy.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mariota has taken this team from 2-14 to a playoff team... barely missing the playoffs last twice in his four years with three different head coaches. We have beaten teams that we had no reason to beat...

Mariota’s only flaw is his health... if he was healthy last year..we would have beaten Buffalo and Miami and easily been in the playoffs.
Naw man the jury still out on Mariota. He hasn’t lived up to his draft status. If he had he’d have a new contract right now.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I’m just going to ignore that dude. If I’m boycotting something, I’ll be damned if I’m going to be all up in threads discussing it. He’s a troll looking for attention trying to make himself seem woke.
And he be one of the main ones who know everything that goes on and can’t stop giving his money to the product....but he not watching lol. Lying ass lol.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Are you a fag? Seems like a fag would want to know about sucking dick and swallowing......
why would a straight guy ask another man if he is a fag or not? That tells me you are. Sorry, I'm not. So now you're a gay coon. Damn. makes sense now.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
So you don't watch any sports? I'm not here to try to dissuade you or change your mind because I was like that as well, but I'm just wondering what you're expecting from the NFL. What would the NFL need to do get you to watch a game again?
let me ask you something. if you were a slave, and you were set free, what will it take for you to return to the plantation to work for free? I wouldn't whip you anymore.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
let me ask you something. if you were a slave, and you were set free, what will it take for you to return to the plantation to work for free? I wouldn't whip you anymore.

This is not the same thing as the question I asked, but I'll play along, there's nothing you can do to have me return to work for free.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
why would a straight guy ask another man if he is a fag or not? That tells me you are. Sorry, I'm not. So now you're a gay coon. Damn. makes sense now.
Nice try. You asked another man does he suck dick. :lol: Now you trying to back out. Told on your dumbass self.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

Yet you take worse treatment where you work and you don’t get paid millions.