Carnival glory cruise ship crashes into Carnival Legend

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
79685471_10156438233780443_5603595877781340160_o.jpg

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
These ships they're making today are too big to be bouncing into each other. That's probably millions in repairs.
"We are assessing the damage but there are no issues that impact the seaworthiness of either ship. We have advised guests from both ships to enjoy their day ashore in Cozumel," Carnival said in the statement.

Carnival said there will not be any disruptions to either ships' planned itineraries, and the next cruise for both ships is "not impacted." The Legend is scheduled to return to Tampa, Florida, on Sunday morning.

Carnival Legend is based out of Tampa and Carnival Glory is based out of New Orleans, WTSP reports. According to Carnival's website, the Glory is 952 feet long and can carry as many as 2,980 passengers, while the Legend can carry 2,124.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
"We are assessing the damage but there are no issues that impact the seaworthiness of either ship. We have advised guests from both ships to enjoy their day ashore in Cozumel," Carnival said in the statement.

Carnival said there will not be any disruptions to either ships' planned itineraries, and the next cruise for both ships is "not impacted." The Legend is scheduled to return to Tampa, Florida, on Sunday morning.

Carnival Legend is based out of Tampa and Carnival Glory is based out of New Orleans, WTSP reports. According to Carnival's website, the Glory is 952 feet long and can carry as many as 2,980 passengers, while the Legend can carry 2,124.

Cool but there's no denying someone screwed up on one or both of the command decks. But it is good both ships are still sea worthy and there were no injuries.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
she's back in nola

79871357_2893869413971004_4343985822173757440_o.jpg

Inside look of the Carnival Glory shortly after the collision.

81110858_10220595021042125_465778843790082048_o.jpg

Inside look of the Carnival Glory after the debris was cleared and the hole was temporarily sealed.

80811132_10220595026042250_3436622376861696000_n.jpg

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
These ships they're making today are too big to be bouncing into each other. That's probably millions in repairs.
nah those ships park like that everyday. whoever that captain was didnt equate the wind into his maneuver and cost carnival millions.

Actually, the newer ships are more maneuverable than the older ones. The ships built today have better control. The ship that crashed is the Carnival Glory which was built in 2002. That is nearly 20 years old.

Yet another reason I dont do cruises.

Aint nothing like taking a flight and having more control over your time.

Nah. You are not looking at it the right way. Cruising is the fastest growing segment in the travel industry. That is because the cruise itself is the vacation, not the destination. It is a whole different type of vacation. Some people like resorts where they never have to leave the compound. Some people like sight seeing all of the attractions of the city or country they visit. Some people like sitting on a beach every single day of their vacation.

That is why they are making ships with all types of shit on like go kart race tracks, surfing wave pools, and skydiving simulator. Because people like having all the options of activities in one place and not having to plan so much touristy stuff in a place they have never been to.

It is just a completely different experience.

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
Cool but there's no denying someone screwed up on one or both of the command decks. But it is good both ships are still sea worthy and there were no injuries.

Nobody screwed up. I guarantee the bow thruster was in the red and couldn't stop that from happening.

My ship, was docked in Norfolk, and broke from mooring from a wind gust. It even pulled the biggest bollard out of the pier and it slingshotted in the hull of the ship. Fuckin' tugboat captain thought he was going to stop our ship from crashing into the other pier and almost got pulled under. The tugboat was pitched down with the propellers in the air (spinning Chris Rock style) before he got lucky and the aft hit the water. He hurried up and got the hell out of there. Muthafucka's face said "Fuck that shit!"

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Nah. You are not looking at it the right way. Cruising is the fastest growing segment in the travel industry. That is because the cruise itself is the vacation, not the destination. It is a whole different type of vacation. Some people like resorts where they never have to leave the compound. Some people like sight seeing all of the attractions of the city or country they visit. Some people like sitting on a beach every single day of their vacation.

That is why they are making ships with all types of shit on like go kart race tracks, surfing wave pools, and skydiving simulator. Because people like having all the options of activities in one place and not having to plan so much touristy stuff in a place they have never been to.

That's why Richard Branson is getting into the business with adults only cruises.

I look forward to trying his line.

gw1933

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

When I vacation I always leave the resort. My plug is always waiting as soon as I touch down.