Cardi B is the first woman to win best rap album as a solo artist

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Let go of the past

I hear that phrase a lot when people express their opinion on certain artists of today.
Isn't it possible to just not appreciate something because it lacks creativity in a person's opinion?
Let's say a new artist came out tomorrow with a totally new style of Hip Hop that the same person really really liked.
That wouldn't mean he/she is "letting go of the past" in that case either. It just means they like the new people's shit.

I'm not saying you, personally, but it seems like people want everyone to be on some kumbaya shit with musical tastes.
The word let being thrown around willy nilly af too:
"Let such and such live."
"Let them have their shine."
"Let her get the bag."

Nobody is stopping any of that from happening by merely expressing an opinion. It's already evident that the people who don't care for certain styles of Hip Hop aren't affecting the Cardi B's of the world anyway.

The real irony is that no one is saying,"Let those people give their opinion."

Sorry for the short rant.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well she and the Barbz got to come hard with the hyperbole because the Cardi express is picking up full steam with her peers.

You know a good question?

When was the last time you listened to ANY of these albums in their entirety?

I shocked myself...

I actually DO listen to Kim first album, L. Boogie, frequently

Eve first album, and almost ALL of Missy

so I think its a MYTH that brothers don't support female rappers.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you want to have some fun? run to facebook and tell a bunch of black women that cardi is trash an had no business winning

:lol:

even the wokest female you know will get mad at you lol

it's like telling trump supporters their president sucks:roflmao:
I would have the opposite would be true :dunno:- but you probably right:D.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear that phrase a lot when people express their opinion on certain artists of today.
Isn't it possible to just not appreciate something because it lacks creativity in a person's opinion?
Let's say a new artist came out tomorrow with a totally new style of Hip Hop that the same person really really liked.
That wouldn't mean he/she is "letting go of the past" in that case either. It just means they like the new people's shit.

I'm not saying you, personally, but it seems like people want everyone to be on some kumbaya shit with musical tastes.
"Let her get the bag."

Nobody is stopping any of that from happening by merely expressing an opinion. It's already evident that the people who don't care for certain styles of Hip Hop aren't affecting the Cardi B's of the world anyway.

People are just sensitive about nothing. Im not a Cardi fan and her music isnt for me; but clearly women and others like her. I cant listen to her music unless im in a club like setting; but hey everyone is different. I can listen to other opinions; doesnt make there opinions right, just that I can respect them. The grammys have been full of shit for years now; they keep showing it every single fucking year. To me Cardi winning for best rap album is no different than Macklemore winning or Bruno winning for best album; but hey thats how this shit goes....

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
I plead the 5th on this question:roflmao:

She killing it on instagram and that's all I'll say. Drake noticed her for a reason.

She has nowhere near Cardi's likability and charisma. That said, she deserves her own thread because she is a pretty young bitch who doesn't mind putting those titties out there!

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I still don't see the likability that Cardi B has, i do know chicks that don't listen to hip hop that listen to and like her for some reason tho

She has nowhere near Cardi's likability and charisma. That said, she deserves her own thread because she is a pretty young bitch who doesn't mind putting those titties out there!

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

This was the meme

50783960_149232176075432_5640609385395788784_n.jpg

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Unfortunately shit ain't just about the music.

It's about how you impact the culture.

A lot of people make good ass music that should win grammy's.

Shit is about how quickly you can make yourself a household name within a year.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I still don't see the likability that Cardi B has, i do know chicks that don't listen to hip hop that listen to and like her for some reason tho

the likability is MORE for the women...

she is accessible as f*ck to MANY women

its a rag to riches story

and ESPECIALLY in this reality show YouTube social media world?

She is damn near this WHOLE new ME generation (male and female/gay and straight) DREAM

and to the older generation...we ALL knew a girl like this coming up

ALL of us

stripper with a heart of gold

a girl you can see if she just had a LITTLE better upbringing?

She would have a success outside of music

ALL that tied in to that Latina Bronx accent phat ass dirty mouth and big tits

her whole LIFE is on social media for the world to see

and now she is a MOTHER with a CHEATING husband too?

damn.

You couldn't craft that sh*t in a lab!!!

Last edited:

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

"Let her get the bag."

I know what you mean. I get told this when new artists I don't like play me their music or people try to force me to like some of these new artists. It's not that I'm hating. I really just don't like it. I had even one really old school guy tell me I'm like those old school guys hating on the new, but that isn't true.

I actually like some of Cardi B's song and I also see why she is likeable to people too. She doesn't come off as industry manufactured and seems like she is of the people. In that regard she is like the 90's hip hop everyone loves comparing the new school to. She's "keeping it real" for lack of a better phrase. People like that.

What I find happening since 2012 is that newer hip hop fans think you should only like one style of music or hip hop. The assumptions some also had with me was that because teenagers usually don't like their parents music that is the case with people not liking some of the new music. This for me anyways is far from the truth. When I was younger I would bump music from the 60-70's that I never even grew up on. I liked it because of how the emotion of the song and the vibrations it made me feel. I say that to say that is why some of the music today I don't like. It just doesn't resonate with me for whatever reason, but then again there is music out there that I get that vibe from. Music more times is a feel or vibes thing for people which is why what you are saying is on point.

You know a good question?

When was the last time you listened to ANY of these albums in their entirety?

I shocked myself...

I actually DO listen to Kim first album, L. Boogie, frequently

Eve first album, and almost ALL of Missy

so I think its a MYTH that brothers don't support female rappers.

Of course, from the beginning of hip hop. People forget Juice crew supported Roxanne, Ruff Ryders put on Eve, and so on.

I don't disagree, but she is gaining momentum and stranger things have happened. She has the look and that can go a long way. I've encountered or been shown better Toronto female rappers and Drake never shout them out. So, he must see something he might be able to market or he just might want to smash lol. I actually thought Drake was going to draw for Kandy after she left Flo-rida. She has the look too. She also met up with guys like Snoop.

Or other female artists like this from his city

the likability is MORE for the women...

she is accessible as f*ck to MANY women

its a rag to riches story

and ESPECIALLY in this reality show YouTube social media world?

She is damn near this WHOLE new ME generation (male and female/gay and straight) DREAM

and to the older generation...we ALL knew a girl like this coming up

ALL of us

stripper with a heart of gold

a girl you can see if she just had a LITTLE better upbringing?

She would have a success outside of music

ALL that tied in to that Latina Bronx accent phat ass dirty mouth and big tits

her whole LIFE is on soicl media for the world to see

and now she is a MOTHER with a CHEATING husband too?

damn.

You couldn't craft that sh*t in a lab!!!

:money:IN THE BANK!!!

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nicki would be talking so much shit if she won that Grammy. Cardi winning must hurt like a motherfucker lol.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Show After BET Disses Her In Cardi B Tweet

It's fuck the Grammy's/Oscar's until you win a Grammy/Oscar :lol:

Last edited:

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
^^^DEM IS FIGHTING WORDS TOO :lol:
emcsharock12WM.png

:roflmao:

Awww man:roflmao2:

It would be nice if somehow with music all the legends could be at the same time and we see them duke it out to see who is the GOAT.

Then you get into a warp because some artists were influenced by others and all kinds of crazy elements:lol:

Historically you win:cheers:

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
The fuck...

And I cant stand this broad...

But I did like her Grammy performance. That show was tight.

But she won best hip hop/ rap album? What the fuck is going on?

Never mind, modern fucking music.

:(

oNE