Cardi B is the first woman to win best rap album as a solo artist

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
I’m sick of white folks telling the world what good music is.
Especially what good Hip Hop is.

This was the Best Hip Hop Album of the Year
Nipsey_Hussle_%E2%80%93_Victory_Lap.png

Bawse Nigguh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I honestly stopped giving a fuck about the state of hip hop a LOOOOONG time ago...But what has me laughing at the situation is that the nigga who clowned her embarrassed her fucking played her ass..that's the nigga she let stand beside her on her biggest night. I mean shes all about woman empowerment and women taking charge and leading the way. You lead by example. She is a queen to women who make poor life choices. But Congrats...at least they didn't give it to another white motherfuck ....so progress?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
If she had a baby by a cac...

You would be like

Respect this genius of an artist...

Cardi B had such a big year

Even Beyonce and Taylor Swift had to fall back...

I have to admit, I don't pay attention to new music unless I bump into it, movies, shows, video games, BGOL, etc., but seems like she was everywhere. Naturally, folks on some :angry: "Get off my lawn shit!" But shit ain't for us anymore. I can respect that.

Didn't she break a lot of records -- including her own? :lol:

Still shocked black people or better yet black men actually watch these award shows...outside of mj performing Grammy and Oscar was never a watch thing

I never can get how people can watch this shit.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have to admit, I don't pay attention to new music unless I bump into it, movies, shows, video games, BGOL, etc., but seems like she was everywhere. Naturally, folks on some :angry: "Get off my lawn shit!" But shit ain't for us anymore. I can respect that.

Didn't she break a lot of records -- including her own? :lol:

I never can get how people can watch this shit.

I'm not sure I just know she sent Niki Minaj back to the drawing board ...

Cardi went and had a baby and didn't miss a fuckin beat...

Nikki was putting out some of her best work ever..

And nobody seemed to even glimpse

Too focused on this ho cardi...

And cardi is strictly South Bronx swag.....

Where hip hop started..

Which is why her lyrics maybe bubblegum but she flows with the best of them...

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Y YA'LL so hardon Cardi B? She went from stripping to making music, money, tours, etc!! Where I come from, we call that a "come up" and nobody mad at a person for coming up!! Y r u? You may not like her but she got you, your momma and your boss talking about her, reciting her lyrics and in everybody's mouth!! True she ain't no rakim, she ain't no real lyric spitter, she ain't no ____ (fill in the blanks) but that's not what it us. She is a sista who came up in a male dominated genre. What is there too hate on? I acknowledge her lyrics, flow, career & look is pure trash but she's a guilty pleasure like the Jerry Springer of Hip Hop. YOu can't take any of Carbi B seriously. Just enjoy the 15mins and keep it moving. I fucks with carbi B? Everybody i know fucks with Carbi but nobody gives a fuck about Carbi! We all know she is what she is.. a nice distraction with some catchy ass muzic.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
some are being polite but others are really jumping in to shade Nikki

everyone has a list of hip hop / albums that dropped in the last year or so that are better than Cardi

I am shocked...

But then not

cause i feel like you been dropping little clues where these things were headed for a minute

But i will say this

I respect this woman hustle

She spoke this sh*t into existence

Yeah she had the MACHINE behind her
And she is NOT a top level talent

much like Chance i would say.

I respect that they made the MOST of their opportunity

Cause we got a long list of others

Much more talented

who had the same opportunity and squandered it.

She went from stripping a reality show to hit records big endorsements super bowl commercials and a grammy?

I can't hate on HER personally.

Its the INDUSTRY as a whole we need to destroy and rebuild.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

So i wonder how all the OTHER music awards are gonna do now?

They gonna follow suit and make this cardi year across the board?

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am shocked...

But then not

cause i feel like you been dropping little clues where these things were headed for a minute

But i will say this

I respect this woman hustle

She spoke this sh*t into existence

Yeah she had the MACHINE behind her
And she is NOT a top level talent much like Chance?

I respect that they made the MOST of their opportunity

Cause we got a long list of others

Much more talented

who had the same opportunity and squandered it.

She went from stripping a reality show to hit records big endorsements super bowl commercials and a grammy?

I can't on HER personally.

Its the INDUSTRY as a whole we need to destroy and rebuild.

I agree with ya, the whole entertainment industry needs to be torn down and put back together brick by brick!! Something isnt right, we have the same type of music(hip hop) still being pushed on the masses for almost 40yrs! I cant be the only person seeing how fucked up the whole media/entertainment industry is getting these days! Anyway, thank you Napster!!!

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Sad shit seeing her peers. Congratulating this fuckery.

I took it as them seeing the reign of "The Queen" ending in Nicki Minaj. Remember when they all came together to basically dethrone her position?

some are being polite but others are really jumping in to shade Nikki

everyone has a list of hip hop / albums that dropped in the last year or so that are better than Cardi

Pusha T anyone? Although that 7 song idea isn't a real full length album anyways. He rather be called the "greatest rapper alive" anyways.

It's not Cardi's fault, I'm happy for her. I fault the Grammy's, they've fucked over black artists for years now especially R&B and Hip hop artists. Remember Kendrick Lamar didn't even get best new artists :smh::lol:

Yeah just ask Michael Jackson.

71dbRsvbZ-L._SL1257_.jpg

I'm not sure I just know she sent Niki Minaj back to the drawing board ...

Cardi went and had a baby and didn't miss a fuckin beat...

Nikki was putting out some of her best work ever..

And nobody seemed to even glimpse

Too focused on this ho cardi...

And cardi is strictly South Bronx swag.....

Where hip hop started..

Which is why her lyrics maybe bubblegum but she flows with the best of them...

Yeah Nicki Minaj went ghost on instagram for a few months and everything planning her comeback with the Queen album. This had to hurt and she must be fuming at this.
408e864e8025b3ce2d05cbf4ef02a367.jpg

On top of that Drake shouted out Cardi in his speech. They already not on good terms from him teaming up with Meek Mill.

p.s. nikki gonna cry in the car. be ready for the nikki sex tape just to keep her name in the light.

I always thought Nicki is only one trigger away from losing her mind and doing it. You could tell she is very upset she is not doing her old numbers blaming everyone even down to a baby.

hbz-nicki-minaj-kylie-jenner-index-tweet-1534778971.jpg

Drake got his mic cut off last i read..

The comments in here about how grammys shouldn't be taken seriously was said loud and clear by the top rap act in the game. Drake is not falling for the old tricks of the people running the votes. It's why he turned down their offer of a performance and the same with Kendrick and Childish Gambino. He could have played ball, but knows his power is in his fanbase who has given him this run at top going on a decade now.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y YA'LL so hardon Cardi B? She went from stripping to making music, money, tours, etc!! Where I come from, we call that a "come up" and nobody mad at a person for coming up!! Y r u? You may not like her but she got you, your momma and your boss talking about her, reciting her lyrics and in everybody's mouth!! True she ain't no rakim, she ain't no real lyric spitter, she ain't no ____ (fill in the blanks) but that's not what it us. She is a sista who came up in a male dominated genre. What is there too hate on? I acknowledge her lyrics, flow, career & look is pure trash but she's a guilty pleasure like the Jerry Springer of Hip Hop. YOu can't take any of Carbi B seriously. Just enjoy the 15mins and keep it moving. I fucks with carbi B? Everybody i know fucks with Carbi but nobody gives a fuck about Carbi! We all know she is what she is.. a nice distraction with some catchy ass muzic.

I have no issue with Cardi, I like Cardi and am very happy for her. From a Hip Hop perspective, she shouldn’t have won album of the year.

The success of her songs and popularity can’t be denied. I believe Nipsey put out a better product that will stand the test of time.

Pusha T put out a great project, didn’t like that it was only 7 songs though.

No the grammy’s isn’t the end all be all, no most of us don’t watch or believe that the grammy’s is a measurement for Hip Hop.

But in the history books and to artist, it matters.

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I have no issue with Cardi, I like Cardi and am very happy for her. From a Hip Hop perspective, she shouldn’t have won album of the year.

The success of her songs and popularity can’t be denied. I believe Nipsey put out a better product that will stand the test of time.

No the grammy’s isn’t the end all be all, no most of us don’t watch or believe that the grammy’s is a measurement for Hip Hop.

But in the history books and to artist, it matters.

b5c03abe4d955a08439c9d7e3543af8a.jpg

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Lets not forget kendrick drake and childish
all called the grammy out on they bullsh*t and didn't participate
Yes but they all won Grammys last night and I'll guarantee you that none of them will refuse to accept their prizes. You have to apply to win a trophy - if its *truly* such bullshit why even submit your music for consideration? And to be fair, the Grammys routinely invite any and EVERYONE who is hot to participate - they would put Pinkfong's "Baby Shark" on stage if it would get them more viewers.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is a gotdamn shame. NoName had a waaaay better album, if they wanted to rep a female. All live instruments, real female introspection.

Grammys are about sales/streams AND popularity, but damn, this throws shit in the face of all music with respect to artistry and quality. She can't rap, she can't write...charisma is off the meter though. if the wanted to award this shit/trap rap, them the Migos Culture album, was significantly better than this album.

The best Hip Hop albums just won't get love on this stage, and that is fine. I'd rather my culture stay counter, instead of chasing white stage highlights, while sacrificing artistry, ingenuity and depth.

Elzhi, JID, Masta Ace, Vince Staples, Logic (yes that Logic), Evidence and Roc Marciano release THREE albums in 2018, all had better releases than Cardi B.