Cardi B is the first woman to win best rap album as a solo artist

mimicman

Star
BGOL Investor
I have a confession: I cannot bring myself to listen to an entire CardiB song. I just cant do it. I'm kinda afraid my head will explode or something. When I saw her on that New Years Show before she blew up, I thought then WTF AM I WATCHING? If THIS is the current state of HIP HOP then we have truly failed.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a confession: I cannot bring myself to listen to an entire CardiB song. I just cant do it. I'm kinda afraid my head will explode or something. When I saw her on that New Years Show before she blew up, I thought then WTF AM I WATCHING? If THIS is the current state of HIP HOP then we have truly failed.
Current state of commercial hip-hop.
Aka strip club music

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
She does have vocal talent

as Fairfax would say, "FUCK THAT BITCH!"

THIS is vocal talent:

and Mac Miller's family said cardi should win if he didn't get the grammy.
if she was about hm she would have chilled with the tweet hate - already regrets & deletes

Ariana Grande appeared to shade Cardi B after Grammy win, apologizes

Grande started apologizing for the tweets shortly after deleting them, and then went on to delete her apologies.

"nothing to do w her. good for her. i promise. i’m sorry," Grande wrote to one fan who pointed out that Grande appeared to be slamming Cardi B.

She addressed a fan who agreed with her for referring to Cardi as "trash."

"she’s not at all and that’s not what i meant and u know that," Grande wrote. She also clarified in another tweet that her anger was over seeing Mac Miller lose: "this. this is what I meant. karen was gonna have a green suit made." Mac Miller's mother's name is Karen Meyers.

Cardi B seemed to respond to Grande's tweets just after midnight, posting a screenshot of an Us Weekly story to her Instagram with the headline "Mac Miller's Family Is 'Rooting for Cardi B' If He Doesn't Win at the Grammys." She also honored Mac Miller after her win and said she'd share the award with him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ades-cardi-b-after-win-apologizes/2834954002/

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

THIS is vocal talent:

if she was about hm she would have chilled with the tweet hate - already regrets & deletes

Grande started apologizing for the tweets shortly after deleting them, and then went on to delete her apologies.

"nothing to do w her. good for her. i promise. i’m sorry," Grande wrote to one fan who pointed out that Grande appeared to be slamming Cardi B.

"she’s not at all and that’s not what i meant and u know that," Grande wrote. She also clarified in another tweet that her anger was over seeing Mac Miller lose: "this. this is what I meant. karen was gonna have a green suit made." Mac Miller's mother's name is Karen Meyers.

Cardi B seemed to respond to Grande's tweets just after midnight, posting a screenshot of an Us Weekly story to her Instagram with the headline "Mac Miller's Family Is 'Rooting for Cardi B' If He Doesn't Win at the Grammys." She also honored Mac Miller after her win and said she'd share the award with him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ades-cardi-b-after-win-apologizes/2834954002/

like I said earlier - you weren't paying attention - no one is saying she is the greatest singer ever

what makes her an alien is that girl could have done Whitney's song and mimicked Whitney's voice and range perfectly if that was her intent

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

THIS is vocal talent:

C'mon fam, she ain't Rachelle or Chante but hell who is??

Just saying in an industry of so many untalented artist, she's actually one who does have some.

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered
you want to have some fun? run to facebook and tell a bunch of black women that cardi is trash an had no business winning

:lol:

even the wokest female you know will get mad at you lol

it's like telling trump supporters their president sucks:roflmao:

Dude im literally sitting on facebook now contemplating should I do a bane monologue and expose the truth about this knowing i will start Jihad

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
DzGMjQGXQAAVhgg.jpg

DzGMjQEWoAYJ49E.jpg

DzGMjQFX4AEzm18.jpg

Beef?
I noticed she was absent from this years Grammy's despite having a few hits.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
The fact that a stripper who never wrote a single bar or line in her life is now the top rapper in the world is mind-fucking-blowing and shows me just how disastrous the state of Rap music and hip-hop is right now.

Bitch please. You're just trying to hop on the wave and hopefully get invited for a feature on her next album. LOL!
You said that Ariana chick is an alien cause she can mimick great singers? Have you heard what them Asians can do as far as mocking singers?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cardi+b+blowjob

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Cardi_B

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardi_B#Awards_and_nominations

American rapper Cardi B has received multiple awards and nominations. She has won a Grammy Award, three American Music Awards, a Billboard Music Award, two BET Awards, nine BET Hip Hop Awards, two iHeartRadio Music Awards, a MTV European Music Award, three MTV Video Music Awards, two Soul Train Music Award, a NRJ Music Award. She has also earned two Guinness World Records.

Cardi B received her first Grammy Award nominations at the 60th annual ceremony, with "Bodak Yellow" being nominated for Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance. Her debut studio album Invasion of Privacy won Best Rap Album at the 61st annual ceremony, with Cardi becoming the first female rapper to win the category as a solo artist.[1] It also received a nomination for Album of the Year, with "I Like It" being nominated for Record of the Year and "Be Careful" for Best Rap Performance. Additionally, her collaboration with Maroon 5 "Girls Like You" received a nomination for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. Cardi became the third female rapper to be nominated for Album of the Year, following Lauryn Hill (1999) and Missy Elliott (2004).[2]

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I remember when black folks had some say in who they thought was good or not. White folks used to come to us to find out who was good in the hood; now they are telling us who it is.
To be honest, anyone who graduated grade school should be able to rap. The white media has completely wrangled all choices away from today's popularity-obsessed insta-snap-tweet culture.
I don't blame Cardi. She's doing what anyone in her position would do - taking advantage of any opportunities coming her way.
Its just funny that the Grammys matter more now than they did back in the day. Janet Jackson lost best album to Paul Simon in 1987 and nobody black gave a damn because, even though it was an insane upset that the biggest record on the charts (Control) lost to a completely unknown album (Graceland), black folk knew that the Grammys wasn't shit and was usually boring and nobody cared because we knew that it was just old, out-of-touch white men voting on Grammys.
Now, in 2019, people giving a shit about Grammy awards.
Congrats, Grammys. I guess you're back?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL

OK now that I know cardi b pisses off esther

I'm really happy for her now..

@Esther

Yo esther cardi started off bodak yellow talkin bout you..

Cardi was like..

Lil BITCH

U cant fuck with me

If you wanted to.. :lol:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I remember when black folks had some say in who they thought was good or not. White folks used to come to us to find out who was good in the hood; now they are telling us who it is.
To be honest, anyone who graduated grade school should be able to rap. The white media has completely wrangled all choices away from today's popularity-obsessed insta-snap-tweet culture.
I don't blame Cardi. She's doing what anyone in her position would do - taking advantage of any opportunities coming her way.
Its just funny that the Grammys matter more now than they did back in the day. Janet Jackson lost best album to Paul Simon in 1987 and nobody black gave a damn because, even though it was an insane upset that the biggest record on the charts (Control) lost to a completely unknown album (Graceland), black folk knew that the Grammys wasn't shit and was usually boring and nobody cared because we knew that it was just old, out-of-touch white men voting on Grammys.
Now, in 2019, people giving a shit about Grammy awards.
Congrats, Grammys. I guess you're back?
Exactly...nobody black gave a fuck about these whitewashed awards for decades... hell them and Oscars ratings were taking nosedives... Than Oscars said we need some black faces so we can get some ratings...and selected denzel and Halle to be in it... Than let them win in order to get black people talking about it again and have them start watching...Grammy started throwing more black faces on to get black people to watch... These been cac award shows forever now they let a few black fillers in people care again smh