Byron Allen. Comcast threatens to roll back civil rights act

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Respect for Byron Allen, we need to support him. It is about black people getting access to constructive information and rewriting the negative narratives concerning our image as a community. Bryon needs to get with Tyler and others like them need to come together as well. As black people we need to start supporting black institutions and black media/entertainment is a good start.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
I like the info he kicking but something bout this negro sound slick

I gotta do some research on him. Feels like he’s a little oj to me.

He was seen as kind of soft shoe'ish in the past. However he is making moves in blacks owning and controlling media spaces. So I like the way he is moving as far as black media is concerned. Don't get me wrong I believe he is a Becky lover.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo this shit needs to be a sticky, straight up. Byron was dropping pure jewels on this interview. If anybody still has Comcast and has access to another internet/cable company after this interview, you a straight sucka if you don't cancel them. This is the easiest shit for us to get on the same page and financially fuck this company up. CANCEL YOUr FUCKING COMCAST SERVICE AND LET THEM CACS KNOW WHY!!!:angry::angry::angry::mad::mad::mad:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Yo this shit needs to be a sticky, straight up. Byron was dropping pure jewels on this interview. If anybody still has Comcast and has access to another internet/cable company after this interview, you a straight sucka if you don't cancel them. This is the easiest shit for us to get on the same page and financially fuck this company up. CANCEL YOUr FUCKING COMCAST SERVICE AND LET THEM CACS KNOW WHY!!!:angry::angry::angry::mad::mad::mad:

That Harriet movie trash is produced by Focus Pictures which is owned by Comcast. No one black should be supporting.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
It is now a f*cking embarrassing how unprepared they are for interviews.

I ain’t watch the interview, but Yee is the only one who really prepares. She has real notes. Charlamagne will like google shit during the interview so he can come up with a few of his questions. Envy, just wings it, smh. If he isn’t arguing with the interviewee, he really doesn’t have much to add.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I like the info he kicking but something bout this negro sound slick

I gotta do some research on him. Feels like he’s a little oj to me.
Lol I feel the same. It sure took him a long time to get to the part about how HE MADE his money, which is the more important part. He worked hard, grinded and got a hell of a sales game apparently. It looks like he wanted Comcast to pick up two of his channels , one of which seems like courttv. I'll be happy for HIM if he gets money out of Comcast and charter , but this civil Rights act angle is kinda fishy to me. I don't see how this helps this US he's talking about.

Charlemagne dumbass trips up on some GREAT questions sometimes that revealed something that raised my eyebrows.

When Byron was talking about the HBCU network, Charlemagne said "why don't you buy it?"

He said "I may"

But the rest of the time he was talking about how he wants non Black targeted content. Nothing wrong with that, just kinda fishy when he's saying he wants to help Black content.

He owns the griot, but that's being used as his media outlet, where he puts poor Tonetalks on there in his dimly lit basement speaking for him.

He mentioned all those black organizations that no one is giving money to , and Charlemagne Said

"You should be giving money to them right? Then you can have em in YOUR pocket"

And he said he gave 250k. Comcast gives em a million a year. But he slid right by that REAL QUICK and said he MIGHT give em more if they support him lol.

I'm learning more about this. Ive seen this issue for a while and this is the most I've understood. Big respect to Byron and the breakfast club for having him.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Isn’t 50 beefing with Comcast
Yup. But he isn't in the same position. Comcast dropped stars , the channel he's on, or demoted them, so his ratings will be lower because his show won't be as available. Byron owns channels. Seems like byron could pick up 50s show , if one of his channels had that kinda content. But Comcast doesn't carry his channels at all anyway. Also seems like since 50s show is doing so well, he could get it picked up somewhere bigger.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lol c'mon with another fake boycott. It ain't gonna happen. I have at&t but it ain't based on no political shit. Many areas, Comcast has monopolies on.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I ain’t watch the interview, but Yee is the only one who really prepares. She has real notes. Charlamagne will like google shit during the interview so he can come up with a few of his questions. Envy, just wings it, smh. If he isn’t arguing with the interviewee, he really doesn’t have much to add.

its embarrassing that top hip hop interview show is run like that.

but then again?

If it WORKS?

what does that say about US the audience?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Respect for Byron Allen, we need to support him. It is about black people getting access to constructive information and rewriting the negative narratives concerning our image as a community. Bryon needs to get with Tyler and others like them need to come together as well. As black people we need to start supporting black institutions and black media/entertainment is a good start.
He is strictly for himself.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
its embarrassing that top hip hop interview show is run like that.

but then again?

If it WORKS?

what does that say about US the audience?
people aint really checking club unless its someone popping or controversial
to quote Mal - it aint working its dying .... they just coasting along now
now a days club averages one good interview every 2 or 3 months

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
people aint really checking club unless its someone popping or controversial
to quote Mal - it aint working its dying .... they just coasting along now
now a days club averages one good interview every 2 or 3 months

They had a good run, but 2010 was a long time ago. All them mofos is 40 and up tryna appeal to 19 year olds. I expect younger replacements as far as "go to hip hop media" very shortly.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup. But he isn't in the same position. Comcast dropped stars , the channel he's on, or demoted them, so his ratings will be lower because his show won't be as available. Byron owns channels. Seems like byron could pick up 50s show , if one of his channels had that kinda content. But Comcast doesn't carry his channels at all anyway. Also seems like since 50s show is doing so well, he could get it picked up somewhere bigger.
I thought this was Power's last season anyway. I remember hearing about some spin-off but then I heard that it was just talk. Did I miss something?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
She’s right. Charlemagne did some hoe shit there. But we all know they’re all trying to find another outlet ASAP.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yee is underrated. Her best interviews seem to be when it's just her and Envy or Charlamagne. She doesn't get to ask alot when it's all 3 of them.

Envy is bad, particularly with questions. He stay asking "Please explain who/what X is for those who don't know....". I'm willing to bet that most of the time that's for him :lol:

Despite being unprepared, Charlamagne asks decent follow-up questions at times. And I know the guests gotta be annoyed while he searches blogs during the interview for gossip to ask about.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
this is VERY interesting...

many arejust dismissing this as a promotional stunt.

But I am NOT so sure

this is NOT the first time this has happened.

Envy and Lenar sat back when some R&B yelled on and then ignored Angela in the past.

@ViCiouS you think this whole thing is REAL?
:yes:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
It is now a f*cking embarrassing how unprepared they are for interviews.
Been saying this.

iw3eAf.jpg