Businessman, 51, who legally smoked marijuana in Las Vegas before flying to Dubai is arrested after doctors found traces of it in his syste

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
EXCLUSIVE: Businessman, 51, who legally smoked marijuana in Las Vegas before flying to Dubai is arrested after doctors found traces of it in his system when he had to go to the hospital - and now he faces three years behind bars
  • Peter Clark, 51, smoked marijuana days before flying from Vegas to Dubai
  • Clark flew to Dubai on February 24th for a business trip to look for recording studios
  • He is a retired game designer and lives in Las Vegas, where marijuana is legal
  • Once in Dubai, Clark developed pancreatitis and had to go to the hospital
  • That is where doctors ran blood tests and found traces of marijuana
  • They reported him to the police, he was arrested and is now on a no-fly-list
  • Prosecutors are weighing whether or not to bring charges against him

Peter Clark, 51, was arrested in Dubai in February days after smoking marijuana legally in Las Vegas. Now, he is on a no-fly-list and cannot leave the UAE until prosecutors decide whether or not to charge him

A businessman who legally smoked marijuana at home in Las Vegas before flying to Dubai now finds himself facing three years in jail on a drugs charge.
Peter Clark was arrested after traces of the drug showed up in his system when he was admitted to hospital for emergency treatment.

Clark is a retired games designer who previously worked on popular Xbox and Playstation games. He said he wants to branch out into something 'new', so flew to Dubai on February 24 to scout recording studio locations.

He had last smoked marijuana days before flying from his home in Las Vegas, Nevada, for a business trip in the United Arab Emirates.

Clark, 51, had only been in Dubai for one day when he fell ill with pancreatitis and was rushed to hospital.

Nurses took a urine sample which showed traces of the drug marijuana. As required by Dubai law they informed the police of the results.

Clark said he was fully aware of Dubai’s zero tolerance policy on drugs and had not bought or taken any after arriving on February 24th to look at recording studios.

He told Mail Online: ’I was absolutely stunned to learn that I was being charged due to residual marijuana in my system. I smoked it legally back in America long before I even got on the plane.

‘I knew about Dubai’s strict drugs laws but never for one moment did I think something I legally did in my own country would lead to my arrest.’

Peter fell ill the day after arriving in Dubai for a business trip to assess setting up a recording studio in the country.

He received emergency treatment in hospital and the day before being discharged was asked to provide a urine sample.

After the test came back positive for a banned substance police arrived at his bedside, handcuffed him and transported him to the Al Barsha police station.

While being held in jail, a vein where an IV line had been placed as part of his treatment became infected and antibiotics he had been prescribed were not handed over by prison staff.

After being freed he was repeatedly summoned to a police station and told he would have his passport returned.

But instead, he was questioned over the drugs in his system with his pleas of innocence ignored.

The retired computer games designer is on a ‘no fly list’ and cannot leave the country until prosecutors decide if he should face a court.

Peter said: ’This has just turned into a complete nightmare. I never thought by going to hospital I would end up being thrown in a jail.

‘I have not done anything wrong.’

Peter, who was involved in the design of popular games for Play stations and Xbox, has obtained legal representation.

The US Embassy in Dubai have also been informed of his arrest.

The pressure group Detained in Dubai, who assist many visitors who fall foul of Dubai’s strict laws, have also taken up his case.

Founder Radha Sterling said: ’The UAE’s arbitrary enforcement of laws and lack of predictable legal outcomes means that Peter faces years in prison for legal smoking marijuana.

‘Even if found innocent he can be dragged through a slow a costly legal process.

‘Corrupt police informants have been used by the prosecution to upgrade possession charges to that of drug dealing.’

Sterling added that it was vital for the US Embassy in Dubai to get involved.

She said: 'The US State Department needs to ensure that its citizens who visit the UAE are safe from legal abuse.'

Detained in Dubai were previously involved in trying to help secure the release of a former British soldier who found himself charges with drug offences.

Andy Neal spent more than a year stranded in Dubai on false charges before they were finally dropped and he could return to the UK.

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Anybody remember when DJ Esco got locked up in Dubai for having a speck of marijuana!!!

The Terrifying True Story Of How Future’s DJ Got Stuck In A Dubai Jail For 56 Nights
DJ Esco’s Amsterdam birthday celebration ended with an IRL nightmare. Here’s what it’s like to get locked up in Dubai.

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
You should know better than the break the norms and laws in a Middle Eastern country. Although i feel sorry for him. He should have been more careful.

True. But Dubai is notorious for its flourishing sex trade. I don't now why the emirates don't just allow Dubai to be the Vegas of the Middle East.....its basically already is. Just suspect the Islamic law there and make it applicable everywhere else in the country. That is what MBS wants to do with Neom.

But, then it may prompt a reaction from the Wahhabi fundamentalists within the country.

Last edited:

King Mob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You should know better than the break the norms and laws in a Middle Eastern country. Although i feel sorry for him. He should have been more careful.

‘I knew about Dubai’s strict drugs laws but never for one moment did I think something I legally did in my own country would lead to my arrest.’

That's taking shit too far. Ouid stays in the system about a month when smoked, shit is wild and overstepping.

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Bra he didn't know he was gonna need to go to the hospital and even then a person having marijuana in their system is not going to have any bearing on his health. They were just being assholes.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dubai don't play that shit, they're strict with alcohol too and only allow it in certain places. We had to get the pool boy to cop us a bottle of gin and sneak it in our hotel room.

bruh not just that shit... dubai is just fuckin different bruh..

bruh.. they will fuckin lock yo ass up... if you owe

fuckin BILLS bruh....

bruh they got all these fuckin hundred thousand dollar super luxury cars,

sitting in the fuckin dessert over there.. some with keys still in them and shit..

all abandoned by foreigners, because for some reason they were gonna be late with

the payment and rather than face jail time, they ditched that bitch,

and fled the country bruh....

bruh there is also a crazy story about this fuckin becky that went from rags to riches to suckin dick for parkin space bruh... bruh that

story is fuckin insane.. bruh

becky husband got a good offer to go out to dubai and live large.... he accepted the job, they moved out there,

they was living lovely, had maids, luxury cars.. all that, she was living the dream life...

bruh, then somehow he lost his job, then go sick, or vice versa.... to make a long story short,

he did time...

they lost everything, all she had was her car... and she had to suck dudes off, to be able to

live in her car in a garage...

there was also a bruh that did six months, because they found a microscopic weed particle

ON HIS FUCKIN SHOE bruh...

bruh he didnt even smoke weed, but was around people that did, had some damn near microscopic

bud on the bottom of his shoe bruh...

and he was in there for months.. maybe longer..

bruh fuck a dubai bruh..

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
bruh not just that shit... dubai is just fuckin different bruh..

bruh.. they will fuckin lock yo ass up... if you owe

fuckin BILLS bruh....

bruh they got all these fuckin hundred thousand dollar super luxury cars,

sitting in the fuckin dessert over there.. some with keys still in them and shit..

all abandoned by foreigners, because for some reason they were gonna be late with

the payment and rather than face jail time, they ditched that bitch,

and fled the country bruh....

bruh there is also a crazy story about this fuckin becky that went from rags to riches to suckin dick for parkin space bruh... bruh that

story is fuckin insane.. bruh

becky husband got a good offer to go out to dubai and live large.... he accepted the job, they moved out there,

they was living lovely, had maids, luxury cars.. all that, she was living the dream life...

bruh, then somehow he lost his job, then go sick, or vice versa.... to make a long story short,

he did time...

they lost everything, all she had was her car... and she had to suck dudes off, to be able to

live in her car in a garage...

there was also a bruh that did six months, because they found a microscopic weed particle

ON HIS FUCKIN SHOE bruh...

bruh he didnt even smoke weed, but was around people that did, had some damn near microscopic

bud on the bottom of his shoe bruh...

and he was in there for months.. maybe longer..

bruh fuck a dubai bruh..

You sir, may need to lay off the weed yourself. But where's the story about the woman "sucking dick for parking space"?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Baffled at them even testing for it.
Like you looking for something.

What irks me the most is, it's a natural plant, and they consider it a drug.

Fuck them, never had a desire to go there, won't miss it if I never step foot in that backwards ass place.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sir, may need to lay off the weed yourself. But where's the story about the woman "sucking dick for parking space"?

cmon son, I go on holy herb fasts all the time bruh... you enjoy it more that way... so stop mindin my business with

yo ol naggin ass... lol..

that story was posted here or a link to it sometime last year..

send me an ounce of sour diesel.. and Ill look for it...

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Why in the hell would an American fly to Dubai to find a damn recording studio when Los Angeles is right around the corner?
Spoken like somebody who has never been to Dubai. Everything is legal there underground. You can drink, do all the drugs you want and fuck unlimited prostitutes as long as you go to the right places. Dubai has so many prostitutes they out number regular women. Kazakhstan supplies them with thousands of Asian and Russian looking whores. Not to mention the rest of the world does too. Those Hippocrates are a joke . That Islam shit is bogus . All them faggits eat pork, drink and rape women.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Dubai where the rich go to private clubs and drink liquor and smoke weed while telling everyone else they are not allowed.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Spoken like somebody who has never been to Dubai. Everything is legal there underground. You can drink, do all the drugs you want and fuck unlimited prostitutes as long as you go to the right places. Dubai has so many prostitutes they out number regular women. Kazakhstan supplies them with thousands of Asian and Russian looking whores. Not to mention the rest of the world does too. Those Hippocrates are a joke . That Islam shit is bogus . All them faggits eat pork, drink and rape women.

So what? Dude went there looking for a recording studio. Something that Los Angeles is world-renowned for, along with liquor, drugs, and hoes.

Even if this guy went to the best recording studio in the country the ones in Los Angeles would still be better, or at least comparable. Best of all, Los Angeles has a world-renowned industry dedicated to recording. Dubai does not.