buddens beggin for method man beef now, claims meth dont write his own rhymes

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A lot of rappers? I disagree. When you have a ghostwriter it comes out so its not even really a ghostwriter. Everybody know TIP wrote Bow Wow's shit and Wayne did as well. Everybody knows Jay-Z wrote Still DRE for Dre. Everybody knows DOC wrote Snoop's last album. That shit gets out there. I've never in my life heard about Meth having one. Not saying he did or didn't but that's definately news.

If thats the case, then who has Skillz been writing for all these years?

And i think Joe would take him out in a battle. Meth is a better overall MC, but from a lyrical standpoint, Joe would eat his lunch and dinner.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
A lot of rappers? I disagree. When you have a ghostwriter it comes out so its not even really a ghostwriter. Everybody know TIP wrote Bow Wow's shit and Wayne did as well. Everybody knows Jay-Z wrote Still DRE for Dre. Everybody knows DOC wrote Snoop's last album. That shit gets out there. I've never in my life heard about Meth having one. Not saying he did or didn't but that's definately news.

:lol: Shit

It only comes out when people don't give a fuck. Most people have confidentiality clauses.

Dre and Puff have so much money, they know that's not their primary job.

Hellfish

Rising Star
Registered
How bout Method Man do another fire ass record with Redman and keep tearing down live shows, while Joe Budden parades his bitches ass around for attention writing records about how sad he is.

Method Man - "I got some niggas in Jersey right now ready to slap hell fire out that nigga"

Joe Budden - "It's over, you win Method Man. I'm not an ignorant thug guy like you. It's over"

:lol: when shit gets real joey waves the white flag. Instead of calling out meth he should clean the lyrical wounds saigon gave him.

T-MACKBK45

Support BGOL
Registered
23_methodman_lgl.jpg

:hmm:

lmaoooooooooooooo:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Real talk METH is a problem, that nigga spit on a track wit biggie and held his own

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So Grandmaster Caz and Melle Mel are still nice?
Sorry, I love them dearly, but Rakim and Big Daddy Kane aren't still nice in 2009.

Meth doesn't make great music, Wu made great music, Meth has made one good album and a bunch of bullshit. He hasn't made good music individually in over a decade.

Is Edgerrin James a great running back now?

I just said that this ain't the NBA which is referring to sports. Of course in sports you lose it because in sports you rely on your athleticism and physical gifts. In hip hop, you rely on your lyrical ability. As far as Meth not making great music he was apart of the Wu. He was apart of 36 Chambers. And as far as Caz and Mel still being nice? I don't know. The music has passed them by. The music from the 80's was alot less advanced to that of 90's hip hop. 90's hip hop until now? Not so much. Dudes have hit their peak. You can't say ish that we haven't already heard. So those older emcees i'd agree couldn't compete now. But Rakim? I'd still take Rakim over 90% of the rap game lyrically. IMO, he was the beginning of the intelligent emcee.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You probably don't buy shit. You probably download.

Who knows more about football. The dude who played in the NFL or the dude who watches casually on TV? Again, he was signed to Def Jam, so I'm sure he knows.

Meth hasn't had a hit since when, it's been longer than Pump It Up. Rockwilder? That was his last hit.

And seriously, you and I both know that album is going to flop like a 400lb man off a high dive. :smh:

actually i do buy shit not everyone on bgol downloads only
so what buddens was signed to def jam the studios weren't in def jam offices:smh:
So i guess Sheryl Crow knows whats going on with 50 cent since they both are on interscope :rolleyes:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
And personally, Meth was always a medicore member of Wu, but he was the Busta Rymes of the group. He had that star quality.

Ghost had legal problems, or he would have been larger IMO.

He made one good album solo, and then the rest have been bullshit. Who liked Tical 0 or The Day After? Honestly? Who liked that shit?

I think Joe is a great rapper, who doesn't know how to craft "pop" and "radio" songs. That's the same problem a lot of good to great rappers have, because they overthink, and don't include the entertainment factor in their music. They care about lyrics and depth, and that's what they're giving you. The majority of the public doesn't give a fuck about lyrics. They listen to the beat. That's why Lil Wayne can mumble some incoherrent shit and it will be the hottest verse of the month.

But if you sit there and read a verse that Joe said, versus something Meth said. Or no beat, like the Cassidy vs freeway shit, you can't tell me Joe ain't eatin that muthafucka up.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If thats the case, then who has Skillz been writing for all these years?

And i think Joe would take him out in a battle. Meth is a better overall MC, but from a lyrical standpoint, Joe would eat his lunch and dinner.

I thought Skillz wrote for Dre too? As far as Joey taking him out in the battle....maybe. Maybe i'd just rather Meth just destroy this over opinionated nigga lol.

Hollywoodheat

Star
BGOL Investor
I just said that this ain't the NBA which is referring to sports. Of course in sports you lose it because in sports you rely on your athleticism and physical gifts. In hip hop, you rely on your lyrical ability. As far as Meth not making great music he was apart of the Wu. He was apart of 36 Chambers. And as far as Caz and Mel still being nice? I don't know. The music has passed them by. The music from the 80's was alot less advanced to that of 90's hip hop. 90's hip hop until now? Not so much. Dudes have hit their peak. You can't say ish that we haven't already heard. So those older emcees i'd agree couldn't compete now. But Rakim? I'd still take Rakim over 90% of the rap game lyrically. IMO, he was the beginning of the intelligent emcee.

damn, I was typing that about sports :lol:

although I disagree with what you said about ghostwriters...I know a lot of musicians, and I've ghostwritten songs so its not likely that it would be exposed...but I agree that it's not a lot of cats doing it

Hollywoodheat

Star
BGOL Investor
And personally, Meth was always a medicore member of Wu, but he was the Busta Rymes of the group. He had that star quality.

Ghost had legal problems, or he would have been larger IMO.

He made one good album solo, and then the rest have been bullshit. Who liked Tical 0 or The Day After? Honestly? Who liked that shit?

I think Joe is a great rapper, who doesn't know how to craft "pop" and "radio" songs. That's the same problem a lot of good to great rappers have, because they overthink, and don't include the entertainment factor in their music. They care about lyrics and depth, and that's what they're giving you. The majority of the public doesn't give a fuck about lyrics. They listen to the beat. That's why Lil Wayne can mumble some incoherrent shit and it will be the hottest verse of the month.

But if you sit there and read a verse that Joe said, versus something Meth said. Or no beat, like the Cassidy vs freeway shit, you can't tell me Joe ain't eatin that muthafucka up.

:smh:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

That's because most of mainstream rap today is bullshit and simplistic. Just like Michael Jordan could get on the court with the Wizards and still score 20 points.

But is Rakim fuckin with Elzhi, Black Thought or Royce in 2009? Hell the fuck no.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn, I was typing that about sports :lol:

although I disagree with what you said about ghostwriters...I know a lot of musicians, and I've ghostwritten songs so its not likely that it would be exposed...but I agree that it's not a lot of cats doing it

I feel your where you coming from and while I do think there are artists out there with ghostwriters I don't think they're rappers who are nice from the get go. Timbo got them. Puff got them. Like you said, its not many doing it but the ones that are doing it are female rappers, producers and lil niggas like Bow Wow lol. But a cat that's in Meth class? I don't have shit to back it up but I refuse to believe it lol. That's like tellin' a kid there ain't no Santa lol. I grew up listening to the Wu and everytime they spit I just can picture them writing about the shit they wrote.

Hollywoodheat

Star
BGOL Investor
Shit, I'd take Ghost, Rae, GZA and Deck over him easily.

to me the mediocre member was Rae...or at least the one who really fell the hell off....I'd definitely take ghost over meth, but thats because ghost is the greatest of the wu (oh...and odb, r.i.p....tormented genius)

Hollywoodheat

Star
BGOL Investor
I feel your where you coming from and while I do think there are artists out there with ghostwriters I don't think they're rappers who are nice from the get go. Timbo got them. Puff got them. Like you said, its not many doing it but the ones that are doing it are female rappers, producers and lil niggas like Bow Wow lol. But a cat that's in Meth class? I don't have shit to back it up but I refuse to believe it lol. That's like tellin' a kid there ain't no Santa lol. I grew up listening to the Wu and everytime they spit I just can picture them writing about the shit they wrote.

yeah, well..the game is different now...I'm a young college aged dude that knows more about music and art than most older cats...so I'd highly doubt that cats like meth would...I mean, the people with ghostwriters see green not the love of hiphop....WU members love hiphop....its very unlikely indeed.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
to me the mediocre member was Rae...or at least the one who really fell the hell off....I'd definitely take ghost over meth, but thats because ghost is the greatest of the wu (oh...and odb, r.i.p....tormented genius)

listen to the lex diamond story:yes: dope album
416TY4N0PGL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's because most of mainstream rap today is bullshit and simplistic. Just like Michael Jordan could get on the court with the Wizards and still score 20 points.

But is Rakim fuckin with Elzhi, Black Thought or Royce in 2009? Hell the fuck no.

Say what you want about today's rap but cats are still spitting. I have no problem with the way dudes are spitting in today's rap. I just think the mainstream as far as radio and club hits go are dumbed down a lot worse than they were in the 90's and the 90's is when the shit started being dumbed down. And yea I think Rakim can fuck with Elzhi and especially Black Thought and Royce. I don't think much of them niggas from the get go. Especially Black Thought. Royce bores the shit out of me but I do think Elzhi is nice. But I don't think he's capable of ever making a Microphone Fiend or I Ain't No Joke.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I think he's overrated, because Ghost was the star of his album.

But yeah, Lexx Diamond was a strong album.

GZA and Ghost have been the only ones IMO who have proven time and time again they can carry a whole album.

sj808

Support BGOL
Registered
see... just because Meth is a legend in hip hop doesn't make him automatic illest shit regardless.

Meth is good... but be real with yourselves people, Buddens will tear him apart. Even Meth at his peak ain't fucking with Buddens. We are talking about rapping alone... no fame, album sales, status, discography, beat selection, touring... just straight spitting.

some of you dudes are living in the past. 2009.... not 1996

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i would too and he would still destroy buddens:yes:

:lol: Same here. I don't think Meth was the nicest in the Wu. Probably the one with the most commercial potential but I never thought he was the nicest. Hell he wasn't even my favorite. Ghostface was nicer to me from the get go. But that still don't mean Joey can't get it from Meth lyrically.

Hollywoodheat

Star
BGOL Investor
I think he's overrated, because Ghost was the star of his album.

But yeah, Lexx Diamond was a strong album.

GZA and Ghost have been the only ones IMO who have proven time and time again they can carry a whole album.

I'm a big meth fan, but I always hoped him and Red did more albums together because those are better than each artist's solo stuff.

on that note, I often feel the same way about joey...who by all means is dope as fuck...but there's always something missing from his "albums"....a perfect example of something missing from an album where everything works would be The Roots last album....if you know what I mean by that.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Say what you want about today's rap but cats are still spitting. I have no problem with the way dudes are spitting in today's rap. I just think the mainstream as far as radio and club hits go are dumbed down a lot worse than they were in the 90's and the 90's is when the shit started being dumbed down. And yea I think Rakim can fuck with Elzhi and especially Black Thought and Royce. I don't think much of them niggas from the get go. Especially Black Thought. Royce bores the shit out of me but I do think Elzhi is nice. But I don't think he's capable of ever making a Microphone Fiend or I Ain't No Joke.

Come on man, listen to The Master. Is that something that can compete now, like 10 years later?

Joe had a interesting discussion about Jay-Z, saying he's changed. After a certain point you stop honing your skills, you're phoning it in. You've matured. You've had a family. Your experiences change. Your hunger wanes. Shits natural. A football player isn't going to have the same passion. That's why Michael Strahan retired. Shits natural, you aren't going to work as hard or feel the same in year 10 of your job as in the first year.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
I'm about to be done with Budden musically. Usually, when he talks shit, it's whatever but now he's just begging to start some shit. This guy is the definition of an attention whore. Shits disgusting man. This niggas almost 30 years old and he acts like the lil niggas in my hood.

I see what you're saying but at the same time, this (hiphop) is Joe Budden's profession and livelihood.

Cats just get tired of being underrated as artists. And they take it serious. And to the next level at times.

Joe Budden is very introspective with his verses and that carries over to self promotion.

As an independent artist I see it as him adjusting to the climate (internet) and laying groundwork.

But I can also see your point of view.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
see... just because Meth is a legend in hip hop doesn't make him automatic illest shit regardless.

Meth is good... but be real with yourselves people, Buddens will tear him apart. Even Meth at his peak ain't fucking with Buddens. We are talking about rapping alone... no fame, album sales, status, discography, beat selection, touring... just straight spitting.

some of you dudes are living in the past. 2009.... not 1996

Exactly, but you can't tell a Wu head nothin. :lol: They still have a loyal following years later.

Personally I always preferred Bootcamp though. I always go for the underdog. :cool:

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Come on man, listen to The Master. Is that something that can compete now, like 10 years later?

Joe had a interesting discussion about Jay-Z, saying he's changed. After a certain point you stop honing your skills, you're phoning it in. You've matured. You've had a family. Your experiences change. Your hunger wanes. Shits natural. A football player isn't going to have the same passion. That's why Michael Strahan retired. Shits natural, you aren't going to work as hard or feel the same in year 10 of your job as in the first year.

So you think Jay-Z was phoning it in when he did American Gangsta?:hmm:
Joey's just bitter :lol:

Hollywoodheat

Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly, but you can't tell a Wu head nothin. :lol: They still have a loyal following years later.

Personally I always preferred Bootcamp though. I always go for the underdog. :cool:

(I'm more dungeon family than bootcamp or wu...shhh, dont tell anyone lol)

Hollywoodheat

Star
BGOL Investor
So you think Jay-Z was phoning it in when he did American Gangsta?:hmm:
Joey's just bitter :lol:

well..Jay obviously was lol...I think he actually tested hiphop with his album before that...people wasn't feeling this "life is but a beachchair" shit...which..I think if they were he wouldve really started taking things more seriously again as far as experimenting and growth goes...then he went back to rapping about the drug game....I know I wasn't the only person like " :hmm: Jay..."

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
well..Jay obviously was lol...I think he actually tested hiphop with his album before that...people wasn't feeling this "life is but a beachchair" shit...which..I think if they were he wouldve really started taking things more seriously again as far as experimenting and growth goes...then he went back to rapping about the drug game....I know I wasn't the only person like " :hmm: Jay..."

he said he did that album because of the movie